Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2018, 12:26 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,466,280 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
As for the bone spurs, why are so many of you bothering about what happened 50 years ago and what is true?
Perhaps because it illustrates so well that Trump has been a charlatan all his life?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Most of you were not even adults them, you do not know how the military works and are assuming something you know nothing about?
I was.

The guy got a deferment for every year McCain was a prisoner in Vietnam. We know that Trump was 'a hero that was never captured', so that makes it ok.

Apparently bone spurs don't affect one's golf game, so that's a bonus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2018, 12:29 PM

27,623 posts, read 21,140,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Perhaps because it illustrates so well that Trump has been a charlatan all his life?
I was.

The guy got a deferment for every year McCain was a prisoner in Vietnam. We know that Trump was 'a hero that was never captured', so that makes it ok.

He also had great fun insulting A Gold Star Family.

Old 08-05-2018, 12:31 PM

21,481 posts, read 10,588,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
Actually, I don't think Trump's story about this meeting has changed in any way. As I remember this story being reported, Don Jr admitted that the original reason he took this meeting was he was told he would be receiving some sort of damning information about Hillary Clinton. However, the claim is when he actually took the meeting, the woman offered no such information, and instead was discussing this whole adoption thing. And Trump has maintained throughout that he did not know about the meeting beforehand. So while I won't say the president has never told a lie, in this instance he doesn't appear to be lying or changing his story. It's pretty much the same story that was told way back when this was news. The only thing new is him saying it's "totally legal" which of course it is.

You people know about the tactics used by the Clinton campaign against Trump, don't you? Do you honestly believe the Clinton campaign acted honorably? Do you honestly not understand that both sides engaged in less than honorable, albeit legal tactics to try to win that election? For me, one of the biggest problems is Democrats inability to admit that their side engaged in the same dirty tactics that the Republicans did to try to win that election. I'm sorry that the end result left your candidate on the losing end, but that doesn't change the fact that both parties are one and same when it comes to what they are willing to do to try and win an election. And pretending the Democrats are somehow the more "honorable" or "honest" party is absolutely disingenuous.
That’s exactly how I remember it too. And how I feel about this ridiculousness.

Old 08-05-2018, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Yep, I often refer to Trump's sons as Uday and Qusay due to their sadistic streak but they also have a good dose of Beavis and Butt-Head in their DNA.
What sadistic streak? How are they comparable to Saddam Hussein’s sons?

Old 08-05-2018, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
what exactly in the steele dossier has been shown to be false?
What has been proven to be true?

Old 08-05-2018, 12:35 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,466,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post

He also had great fun insulting A Gold Star Family.
Indeed. Bone spurs don't affect one's arrogance, thank God for that ...

Old 08-05-2018, 12:37 PM

27,623 posts, read 21,140,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
What sadistic streak? How are they comparable to Saddam Hussein’s sons?
Gee, I don't know...maybe shooting and watching an animal die just for the heck of it and self-serving sport while taking selfies with their body parts some find distasteful, off-putting, perverse and yes...sadistic. Great and noble way to spend inherited and stolen money...canned trophy hunting. Uday and Qusay Trump indeed!

Last edited by sickofnyc; 08-05-2018 at 12:48 PM..

Old 08-05-2018, 12:39 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,428,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
Then why hide it, then why lie about it???

Compulsive liars lie, it's what they do, it's up to others to find the truth.

Old 08-05-2018, 12:39 PM

24,650 posts, read 9,477,090 times
Trump won the most unlikeliest victories of all time in a complete landslide

It’s time to move on liberals. You guys should’ve showed up at the polls.

Old 08-05-2018, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
I was.

Did you serve in Vietnam?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies