Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2018, 10:42 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,334,415 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
They would, it seems, rather sit on their stoop, drinking beer, and let the world pass them by, instead of standing up and doing something constructive for change.
That’s me, to a T. And I’m as white as a Klansman’s sheet.

Old 08-29-2018, 10:52 AM

14,400 posts, read 14,310,746 times
Quote:
It is more than obvious you are not interested in good solid advice, regardless of where it comes from.
Perhaps a little background might help you.

First, and foremost, I am not racist.

Ever since I had the power of reason, I have been involved in social matters, be it on a one to one basis, or an entire community.
I see wrong, and instinctively look for ways to make it right, and I might add, I have been very successful in that quest.
I think nothing of approaching my civic leaders and sounding them out, when they fail to act for the good of the people.
I am a staunch law and order person, and have no time for trivialities from anyone.
When I offer a suggestion to any one, or any group, it is with a sincere desire to offer help in any given situation.
If you think I have ulterior motives, then that is your problem, not mine.
If you think my proposals come off as being racist, that again, is your problem.

Contrary to what you may think, and believe, I know where of I speak.
I see many problems in society today, and specifically, the black community.
I have positive steps I have put forward, in the hope someone in that community will pick up on, and run with.
If people in the black community are happy to be living in the deplorable conditions they are(Detroit comes to mind)then so be it.
I just offered a way for change, and that is all I can do.
If no one wants to take advantage of a way to make change,instead of calling my efforts racist, so be it.
You all can run, and hide, but you will never solve the problems in the black community, until you admit that there are problems.(and only a complete fool would say there aren't any).

Perhaps this is why there are many problems in black communities due to the fact they just don't want to hear it.
They would, it seems, rather sit on their stoop, drinking beer, and let the world pass them by, instead of standing up and doing something constructive for change.
The truth hurts, doesn't it?
Bob.
I find it utterly amazing with all the real problems this country is facing that anyone would get upset about a few football players refusing to stand for the national anthem.

It truly is a measure of how some people are unable to prioritize, focus on key issues, and live their lives solely on emotions and gut reactions. Sadly, the vote of such a person is equal to those of us who actually study issues, engage in policy debates, and realize the actual threats to America are complex in nature.

It is a indeed a partial explanation of how a worthless piece of lying garbage could get himself elected President.

Anyway, you may not see yourself as bigoted. The way you phrased your OP leaves no doubt.

Old 08-29-2018, 10:53 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,048,957 times
Quote:
I just finished posting in another thread that was discussing Trump, and the nfl players who kneel during the playing of the national anthem.

In that thread, a link was posted to an article written by Kareem JaBar.
We all know who he is.
This got me to thinking, and now it's time to vent.

I absolutely see it as a disgraceful, disrespectful action, when these highly paid athletes kneel when the national anthem is being played.

Any problems that blacks have in this country, is solely because rather than stand up for change, they sat on their dumb asses, and did nothing but complain.

When they should have been in direct communication with elected officials, who have the power, and resources to bring about change, they chose to march in the streets, where nothing get's accomplished.

Kareem is no better, except he wasn't out in the street marching.
This man has made million of dollars here in the United States, but still is pissin and moaning that blacks have nothing They have no "piece of the pie".

Why he has not used his money, and his notoriety to seek positive change, is beyond me.

One of the influential politicians in Washington(Maxine Waters) lives not far from him.
She is black, and pulls weight in the nation's capitol.
Why has he not taken it upon himself to talk with this woman in congress to seek change?
It all goes back to what I stated before, blacks expect whitey to do all the changing, and in fact they (blacks) require that.
This is why nothing get's done concerning blacks in this country.

Been to Detroit lately? I have not(thank God)
From what I see, and read, it is probably the most deplorable city in the country.
No one bothers to ask why, and this includes all races, and worst of all, all politicians.
Has everyone just given up and look at Detroit as a lost cause?
What ever the problems in Detroit, it should, and can be fixed, if people get involved.
When everyone sits back and ignores the problem, Detroit is the outcome.

Blacks in this country do not deserve anything more than the rest of the population, and the lesson they have not learned yet is, do it yourselves, of it isn't going to get done.
There are "ears" in Washington, and blacks need to take advantage of that.
Running wild in the streets, demanding change, is not going to do anything constructive for the blacks in this country.

Were I a black citizen of this country, the first thing I would do is to get contact information of every black politician in congress.
One way or the other(even if it took a computer in a local library) I would contact these reps, and arrange
to meet with them.
If I had to first approach local officials to raise money for my trip to the capitol, I would do that.
I would come prepared with enough information so these politicians could evaluate the situations.

At this point in this post some will state, many blacks are not educated, and could never do what you are suggesting.
This is more than likely the case, but that should not stop any black from going to people who do have a better education, and asking them to get involved.

That is the problem, no one wants to get involved.
They would rather sit home and do nothing, and expect it will happen.

Well, I have news for them, and anyone else that is depressed, and seeking change, and opportunity.

Get off your duff, or things will always be as they are now.

Protesting in the street, or on the football field is counter productive.
It will change nothing.
These people need, as I stated above, to get involved with people who are in a position to seek change.
What ever is causing blacks to demonstrate in the street, or kneel in disrespect to our country at a sporting event, should be telling the rest of us, something is wrong.

Many of us are disgusted at this blatant show of disrespect for our country, and that includes our President.
There are no easy answers, but that should not stop those who are in positions to do something about it.

To turn a blind eye as though nothing is happening is wrong.

Bob.
Why cant Mr. Jabber meet with Maxine Waters? Mr. Jabber speaks a different narrative than Maxine Waters. You see. I can not speak for black people. I can only observe due to the fact I am not a DOS, and I'm also a direct descendent of a white man even though I'm a person of color. Even though I was born here, I did not face the hurdles that the DOS face and their is a growing backlash against non DOS Americans of color due to our exploitation of economics here and being overly representative in colleges and wealth compared to the black American.

With that said let me get back to my topic. Jabber speaks a different narrative than Maxine. Asking Jabber to speak to Maxine waters is like having Kanye West to talk to Tariq Nasheed. You see, black America in an state of Civil War. You have these Pro-Blacks especially the educated Pro-black female who hate white men but are in relationships with them. Than you have the Hoteps back to Africa Egyptian Hieroglyphic types, than you have the black conservatives who buck dance and Bo jangling for Donald Trump. Than you have the Pookie and the Ray Ray, and the Tanikia. Last you have the Black Feminists, and the SJW black feminists who communicate through Black twitter on an hourly basis. All of these archetypes in the black community make it real difficult for anyone to work together. Other than the Pookie and the Ray Ray and Teniqa. All other groups want economic representation for the black community. These groups I have mentioned want the same god damn economic representation (privileges) as the white racist, as the white nationalist, as the SJW, and the feminist. All of such groups are fighting for the same god damn thing. They are fighting for economic representation.

Maxine Waters will only work with Pro-Blacks, Black Feminists, black SJWs, and hoteps. She wont work with anyone else unless she sees some money. From what I observed is that black America is divided. The Pookie and the Ray Ray wants government handouts, while other groups fight for disenfranchised blacks so they can get out of perpetual poverty, but at the end of the day, these such groups like Pro-Black or Black Conservative go back to suburbia or a condo in a hip part of town with their Caucasian spouse.

As for me? I have no solutions. Me giving black Americans solutions is equally equivalent to a white man telling black folks what to do.

Right now as a Nation we are in an state of a Culture War. This battle is being waged on our streets, but also online, and in the classroom. In this Culture, due to ones opinion, expect to get fired from your job, kicked out of your apartment, expelled from college, divorced, or even worse having cops called on you for ones opinion. This war is being waged by the following groups. SJW's, Pro-Blacks, Black Conservatives, Feminist, Alt-Right, and White Nationalist. The funny thing is that all of these groups who are fighting each other on the streets, online via doxxing and in the classroom, all want the same god damn thing and that is economic representation. This Culture War is causing blacks on both sides of the aisle to be angry not only at the government, but angry at white people, but also angry at themselves. Being angry at one another is not going to fix the black community. Being angry at one another will make sure that the white liberal and the white conservative will maintain white supremacy in America for years to come.

Last edited by Bronxguyanese; 08-29-2018 at 11:16 AM..

Old 08-29-2018, 11:12 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
For those struggling with the identity of "Kareem Jabbar"

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

The legendary American basketball player has been openly critical of Donald Trump, particularly the president's travel ban.
I know who Kareem Abdul-Jabbar is. I didn't know who Kareem JaBar was.

Old 08-29-2018, 11:28 AM

9,569 posts, read 5,626,412 times
So the OP would rather revere a piece of cloth which is meant to mean something such as the ideals of America yet blame the victims of social injustice against them as being "dishonorable" when they peacefully protest??

They are kneeling peacefully & not burning the flag or taking justice into their own hands at the hands of their oppressors.

Go walk in a black man's shoes for a day you dolt.

Old 08-29-2018, 12:57 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,459,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchampagne232000 View Post
There is nothing more American than a grumpy old white dude telling black people the proper way to protest racial injustice. Never change murica.
^^^
This post is a keeper.

Old 08-29-2018, 01:12 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,114,602 times
Quote:
It is more than obvious you are not interested in good solid advice, regardless of where it comes from.
Perhaps a little background might help you.

Ever since I had the power of reason, I have been involved in social matters, be it on a one to one basis, or an entire community.
I see wrong, and instinctively look for ways to make it right, and I might add, I have been very successful in that quest.
I think nothing of approaching my civic leaders and sounding them out, when they fail to act for the good of the people.
I am a staunch law and order person, and have no time for trivialities from anyone.
When I offer a suggestion to any one, or any group, it is with a sincere desire to offer help in any given situation.
If you think I have ulterior motives, then that is your problem, not mine.
If you think my proposals come off as being racist, that again, is your problem.

Contrary to what you may think, and believe, I know where of I speak.
I see many problems in society today, and specifically, the black community.
I have positive steps I have put forward, in the hope someone in that community will pick up on, and run with.
If people in the black community are happy to be living in the deplorable conditions they are(Detroit comes to mind)then so be it.
I just offered a way for change, and that is all I can do.
If no one wants to take advantage of a way to make change,instead of calling my efforts racist, so be it.
You all can run, and hide, but you will never solve the problems in the black community, until you admit that there are problems.(and only a complete fool would say there aren't any).

Perhaps this is why there are many problems in black communities due to the fact they just don't want to hear it.
The truth hurts, doesn't it?
Bob.
Since you have mentioned Detroit a couple of times, I thought I would point out that there are good changes people are trying to make happen there.

"
I’m happy about the fact that we have established a model that people across the world seem to think has some value in terms of demonstrating community self determination,” Yakini says. “So this isn’t just something we’re talking about. People can actually come out here and see massive amounts of food being grown and see it being grown by a black-led organization and by primarily black people who are out here working. And that’s a rarity. In America, it’s certainly a rarity.”

https://whyy.org/segments/detroits-u...-omens-change/

Old 08-29-2018, 02:17 PM

13,601 posts, read 4,934,489 times
Quote:

Well, Donald Trump says that he is "the least racist person you've ever met".

So I'll give your claim the same amount of credence I give his

Old 08-29-2018, 02:42 PM

2,053 posts, read 1,527,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I know who Kareem Abdul-Jabbar is. I didn't know who Kareem JaBar was.
If the OP is going to call someone out, he could at least spell his name right.

Old 08-29-2018, 03:51 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,372,917 times
President Trump, NFL fans, and random internet posters can rant all they like about the anthem protests, but in the end, any owner who tries to dictate against a player's protected speech is on shaky legal ground. There are serious limits to what a private business can and cannot require of its employees, and most NFL owners seem to understand that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies