Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2018, 12:10 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,215,209 times

Advertisements

Again, Texas doesn’t like jailing cops that screw up. I just can’t see her being found guilty of any crime that forces a judge to give her jail time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2018, 12:10 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,826,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpony View Post
Do you think that maybe her story may be phony though, like she made this up as a means to get off on the crime and perhaps she wanted to kill this man for a different reason entirely?
Well, anything is possible, but so far zero evidence of anything but what she has stated.

Until evidence comes, it is what it is. All anyone has to go off of is what has been published in the media.

If she wanted to kill him, the smart thing is she should have invited him to her apartment and claim attempted rape or something for the excuse to kill him. But anyone who wants to murder someone is probably not the brightest bulb, lol.

Old 12-24-2018, 12:12 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Quote:
Do you think that maybe her story may be phony though, like she made this up as a means to get off on the crime and perhaps she wanted to kill this man for a different reason entirely?
Of course it's phony. He didn't leave his door propped open.

Old 12-24-2018, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Again, Texas doesn’t like jailing cops that screw up. I just can’t see her being found guilty of any crime that forces a judge to give her jail time.
They do not like giving jail time for on-duty actions, she was off duty at the time.

I can see them giving her jail time, cops in Texas have been convicting of things, but do not see her being found guilty on murder. This issue of if it is murder or not is moot, it is reality that the jury will not find her guilty on it, and more appropriate charges need to be made for a conviction, or the jury needs to be allowed to consider other charges.

Old 12-24-2018, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
If I recall, it was not all the way shut, sort of ajar a little. My condo door does the exact same thing if I do not close it firmly, the deadbolt will actually miss the hole and engage against the weatherstripping seal thing. Cannot speak for that building, but it is not unheard of at least, would be one hell of a coincidence, but that coincidence is what started the chain of events.

Old 12-24-2018, 12:17 PM

5,110 posts, read 3,073,434 times
Quote:
Was the door locked, and she broke in?

Old 12-24-2018, 12:22 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Quote:
Was the door locked, and she broke in?
The door automatically locks. She said it wasn't closed. Others have posted the doors from that building that shows the door closes and locks when you release it.

It is most likely why she was indicted for murder. Her story is not believable.

Old 12-24-2018, 12:39 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,888,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
They do not like giving jail time for on-duty actions, she was off duty at the time.

I can see them giving her jail time, cops in Texas have been convicting of things, but do not see her being found guilty on murder. This issue of if it is murder or not is moot, it is reality that the jury will not find her guilty on it, and more appropriate charges need to be made for a conviction, or the jury needs to be allowed to consider other charges.
Do you live in TX----particularly the Dallas area?
I do--live between Dallas and FTW
There is good possibility she will have a very mixed group of jurors sitting for her trial
Dallas city limits has higher minority numbers than most of the suburbs like Plano

And there has been negative press and lot of negative public response
This man was very well-liked in his complex and at work

I think she has a sketch history as a cop
And frankly the fact that she is a female will not help her
Likely the tendency will be to think she was overly emotional when she made the decision to shoot and a male office wouldn't have made that mistake...

Old 12-24-2018, 12:41 PM

5,110 posts, read 3,073,434 times
Quote:
The door automatically locks. She said it wasn't closed. Others have posted the doors from that building that shows the door closes and locks when you release it.

It is most likely why she was indicted for murder. Her story is not believable.
Do you think that this is the prosecution's intention maybe then to prove it was murder cause her story is not believable, and that she is lying, and therefore, it was a crime with in intent, and pre-meditated since she broke in?

Old 12-24-2018, 12:42 PM

11,404 posts, read 4,088,583 times
Quote:
I completely forgot about that detail. She claimed thedoor was cracked open. I think that is BS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies