Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2019, 02:01 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Again you have to look at the layout of the place. The front of the unit is virtually identical with her unit and would conceal any clues like the guy sitting there watching a game. What she sees is a large individual coming at her down the hall. Likely back lighted so she may not have even known what color he was.

The thing was a awful collection of circumstances leading to a terrible outcome. But nothing really appears to be inconsistent with her base story.
When things look the same - as is the case in apartment buildings - and you've recently moved in - you look for landmarks and pay extra attention to make sure you go to the right door. Whether you're talking about work or home - when your surroundings are new, you're hypervigilant about the details. So we have to put ourselves in that frame of mind rather than the reference point of someone who has lived in the same building/unit for years.

You cannot ignore a red door mat. You just can't. That's why the person living there chose red. As if that's not implausible enough, this whole thing with how entry was possible, is odd.

Add to that, if she truly took the time to ask him to "comply" as she's stated, she would have had time to notice her surroundings. Also, what do you think the exchange was? I'm assuming it was, 'Who are you?' with him asking the same question in return. That question wouldn't be asked by someone who broke in so it would make me wonder what was going on since at that point, it didn't look like a burglary. That's probably the time one would take note of the furnishings to see if you're in the right place.

A question I haven't seen asked but I've been curious about is when did we go from 'Oh my God, a large black man is in my apartment and he's not complying and I feel threatened' to 'I'M not in my apartment and just shot an innocent man?' She went out into the hallway to make the call. When did that light bulb go on over her head?

And let's add in the bit about her concern of losing her job and being effed. I don't know anyone who would be thinking about job security in a moment like that. I'd be attending to the guy, trying to stop the bleeding, something. That sounds like something a person would think up ahead of time when going over what they should say to the 911 operator.

And finally, where are the toxicology reports? Why haven't they been released?

There are too many holes in this story to be comfortable with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2019, 02:14 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,350,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
When things look the same - as is the case in apartment buildings - and you've recently moved in - you look for landmarks and pay extra attention to make sure you go to the right door. Whether you're talking about work or home - when your surroundings are new, you're hypervigilant about the details. So we have to put ourselves in that frame of mind rather than the reference point of someone who has lived in the same building/unit for years.

You cannot ignore a red door mat. You just can't. That's why the person living there chose red. As if that's not implausible enough, this whole thing with how entry was possible, is odd.

Add to that, if she truly took the time to ask him to "comply" as she's stated, she would have had time to notice her surroundings. Also, what do you think the exchange was? I'm assuming it was, 'Who are you?' with him asking the same question in return. That question wouldn't be asked by someone who broke in so it would make me wonder what was going on since at that point, it didn't look like a burglary. That's probably the time one would take note of the furnishings to see if you're in the right place.

A question I haven't seen asked but I've been curious about is when did we go from 'Oh my God, a large black man is in my apartment and he's not complying and I feel threatened' to 'I'M not in my apartment and just shot an innocent man?' She went out into the hallway to make the call. When did that light bulb go on over her head?

And let's add in the bit about her concern of losing her job and being effed. I don't know anyone who would be thinking about job security in a moment like that. I'd be attending to the guy, trying to stop the bleeding, something. That sounds like something a person would think up ahead of time when going over what they should say to the 911 operator.

She was carrying stuff and fatigued. And the front hall of that unit is exactly the same as her unit. You have to penetrate the hall to see any difference.

Why on earth all the interest in the toxicology? She was a cop who just left the jail a few minutes before. You think she was drinking at the jail? I am sure the toxicology reports will appear at the trial but they will not say anything. And the victim may well have been stoned. Though that makes little difference except another unfortunate coincidence that interfered with him cooperating.

I really do not follow the tenor of a lot of these posts. Why this mad desire to create something very evil from a terrible accident? The cops version is terribly sad but really the only thing that makes any sense.

Old 05-10-2019, 02:17 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
She was carrying stuff and fatigued. And the front hall of that unit is exactly the same as her unit. You have to penetrate the hall to see any difference.

Why on earth all the interest in the toxicology? She was a cop who just left the jail a few minutes before. You think she was drinking at the jail? I am sure the toxicology reports will appear at the trial but they will not say anything. And the victim may well have been stoned. Though that makes little difference except another unfortunate coincidence that interfered with him cooperating.

I really do not follow the tenor of a lot of these posts. Why this mad desire to create something very evil from a terrible accident? The cops version is terribly sad but really the only thing that makes any sense.
If they can release info on him, the same should be done with her.

Old 05-10-2019, 02:28 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,350,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
If they can release info on him, the same should be done with her.
Not aware they have released anything on him. Just my speculation that a guy sitting around alone watching a football game might have taken a hit.

Old 05-10-2019, 02:33 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,382,658 times
Quote:
You cannot ignore a red door mat. You just can't. That's why the person living there chose red. As if that's not implausible enough, this whole thing with how entry was possible, is odd. .
I read a while back that Guyger actually set some bags down at the door before going in. That would have made it even harder to ignore the red mat. She would have been placing her bags on the mat. It seems bizarre anyone would not notice the mat!

Old 05-10-2019, 02:34 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,382,658 times
Quote:
And finally, where are the toxicology reports? Why haven't they been released? .
I think she was using alcohol or drugs, that's why.

Old 05-10-2019, 02:40 PM

3,078 posts, read 3,264,631 times
Wow, don't know if I've read so much narrow minded conjecturing before ...

Quote:
Or you're tired, you're staring at you're instagram feed, you're day dreaming about what you're gonna do that weekend, you're thinking about that cute guy/gal at work .... YOU may be "hypervigilant", doesn't mean everyone else is.

Quote:
This seems more like reasonable concerns that need to be addressed.

Quote:
Again, YOU may escape the tunnel vision that naturally occurs when one's adrenaline spikes up, but not everyone is John Wick. Unfortunately we don't know how the conversation went (just her side), but it could just as easily been "stop right there and put your hands where I can see them and don't move" with a response of "huh? what?". We don't know and to speculate like you have seems silly, esp. considering if I got home and found someone in my house I'd not likely to ask "who they are".

Quote:
Again, many possible reasons. She shoots, looks around, realizes the surroundings don't look familiar, gets out of an area that she now realizes she's not familiar with. Maybe she went back to check the apt number, who knows?

Quote:
A response to an extreme stressor varies greatly between different folks. While it may very well be argued that it was callous or even cold hearted to be worried more about your job than the man you just shot, to imply that it was scripted or well planned seems contrary to reason. If she really wanted to intentionally begin to frame a narrative, there were other things she could repeat that would likely have helped her cause more.

Quote:
That's why we have trials to dig into the evidence.

Old 05-10-2019, 02:42 PM

28,671 posts, read 18,788,917 times
Quote:

And I've said before:

I myself carry a concealed weapon.

When I have been in a situation that seemed in any way like I would have to draw it, the adrenaline flows.

I might have been drowsy or sleepy up to that moment, but when my hand has gone for the butt of my pistol, I have become wide awake and totally aware of my surroundings.

If you have a gun in your hand, it's because you believe you're in a life or death situation...how can you still be drowsy? How can you not be alert?

In this case, she claims a door ajar that should have been locked. That means at the door, while still outside, she should have become fully alert.

And she should then have seen she was not at her own door. There is no other way around that.

Old 05-10-2019, 02:46 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,127,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
I'll be happy to provide a source and you can read more about it, but I'm not interested in debate about whether it's true or whether the sources are good enough. As I stated previously, it's just something I read.

Here you go:

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Gu...507288391.html

https://newsone.com/3848852/amber-gu...uise-subpoena/
From how those articles are written, it states that authorities are looking into weather or not she took any cruises. In both articles, it specifically states that "If" she did... It sounds like they are checking the cruise ship companies records to see if in fact she took any cruises during the timeframe they are requesting records for. As for right now, from the wording in both those articles, it's at this point possible she took a cruise or cruises, but until they review the cruise ship logs, they can't say whether she did or not. We'll see how this pans out once authorities review the records.

Old 05-10-2019, 03:00 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Quote:

My personal interest in the toxicology is because if she were drunk or high it MIGHT explain some of this. The scenarios you're coming up with aren't quite believable. She was carrying stuff but still pulled her gun out? Shot one-handed instead of steadying the gun with her other hand?

I don't understand the s t r e t c h e s people are willing to make to try and find excuses for her - especially when the cops version doesn't make any sense given the things I pointed out previously.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies