Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2018, 12:32 PM

62,987 posts, read 29,170,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
I love it when progressives post about America’s past, the part where no one alive today is responsible for it.

Next we’ll see a thread opinion piece about America’s civil war “atrocities.”

Despite the fact no one breathing today is responsible for it or the aftermath, all white people are evil and must pay.

You got that right! Us evil whites alive today should pay for the sins of the past according to liberals and ethnocentrics. If it's not the Amerindians, it's the black slaves or the Mexicans supposed stolen land. I wish they'd just go spit on some 200 year old white man's grave and leave the rest of us alone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2018, 03:20 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,438,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
You got that right! Us evil whites alive today should pay for the sins of the past according to liberals and ethnocentrics. If it's not the Amerindians, it's the black slaves or the Mexicans supposed stolen land. I wish they'd just go spit on some 200 year old white man's grave and leave the rest of us alone.
That is not the point of this thread. Is it so hard to ask Americans to stop mistreating Native Americans????????

Old 09-18-2018, 03:23 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,579,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
That is not the point of this thread. Is it so hard to ask Americans to stop mistreating Native Americans????????
where are Americans "mistreating native americans????????????"

Old 09-18-2018, 03:26 PM

813 posts, read 601,416 times
It's not hard to ask. My grandfather was full blooded Chickasaw and was never "confined" to an area. He saw that for him to succeed he had to live in the world that exists today, not 100-150 years ago. Not my words, but his.

Good luck, Rg

Old 09-18-2018, 03:27 PM

25,775 posts, read 18,834,175 times
Quote:
Do You think Ayn Rand is a moderately intelligent human being??
Do you? And if not, why? Because she didn't share your worldview?

Quote:
Ownership leads to slavery, that is the concept of control, and that is antithetical to freedom.
So when do you want us to come take OUR home, car, clothing off your back, and toothbrush?

It's just the opposite: non-ownership leads to confiscation and slavery. He who owns nothing cares for nothing.

Quote:
I don't recall ever having mistreated a Native American. Could you show me some proof? Maybe I was drunk.

Last edited by ChrisC; 09-18-2018 at 03:39 PM..

Old 09-18-2018, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Do you? And if not, why? Because she didn't share your worldview?

So when do you want us to come take OUR home, car, clothing off your back, and toothbrush?

It's just the opposite: non-ownership leads to confiscation and slavery. He who owns nothing cares for nothing.

I don't recall ever having mistreated a Native American. Could you show me some proof? Maybe I was drunk.
1. Ayn Rand has been repeatedly debunked.

2. There is a difference between personal and private property: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personal_property

3. Read up about it: 3 Insane Realities Of Life On A Modern Indian Reservation | Cracked.com

Old 09-18-2018, 04:13 PM

Quote:
1. Ayn Rand has been repeatedly debunked.

2. There is a difference between personal and private property: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personal_property

3. Read up about it: 3 Insane Realities Of Life On A Modern Indian Reservation | Cracked.com
1. Ayn Rand was debunked for what? She was a writer and political theorist. She has nothing to be debunked for. She wrote Atlas Shrugged. It was a novel. Fiction. How do you debunk fiction? Are you going to debunk Stephen King next? The Shinning was "wrong"?

2. You made no distinction prior to this point.

I can think of no fate worse than not having my own space on this planet to live. My own "home." I envision hell as a place wherein you have no "home" and you are forced to share the flames with people you don't know, don't care about, and have no interest in being around. I'd rather give you my toothbrush.

3. I am responsible for my own actions. I am not responsible for your actions or the actions of anyone else, neither past nor present. Once again, I have never caused injury or harm to any Native American. I was not involved in the setting up of Indian Reservations. That was you democrat party in action, by and large.

Old 09-18-2018, 04:14 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,881,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
where are Americans "mistreating native americans????????????"
Only in winterfalls biased mind.

Old 09-18-2018, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
1. Ayn Rand was debunked for what? She was a writer and political theorist. She has nothing to be debunked for. She wrote Atlas Shrugged. It was a novel. Fiction. How do you debunk fiction? Are you going to debunk Stephen King next? The Shinning was "wrong"?

2. You made no distinction prior to this point.

I can think of no fate worse than not having my own space on this planet to live. My own "home." I envision hell as a place wherein you have no "home" and you are forced to share the flames with people you don't know, don't care about, and have no interest in being around. I'd rather give you my toothbrush.

3. I am responsible for my own actions. I am not responsible for your actions or the actions of anyone else, neither past nor present. Once again, I have never caused injury or harm to any Native American. I was not involved in the setting up of Indian Reservations. That was you democrat party in action, by and large.
1. She claims to give vulture capitalism a moral reasoning, these philosophical points are broken and based on no studies WHAT SO EVER: https://crosscut.com/2012/08/ayn-ran...ophy-professor

2. More lies. I have multiple times, including on this thread. If you had read any Marx or Kropotkin, you'd know a house is yours as you live in operation on that land (even outside of presence). You can't on the other hand own two houses being as you can only live in one house at a time

3. You are responsible if you don't speak up. This is government planning that is keeping these people down (experiments on children only ended in 1994!).

Old 09-18-2018, 04:59 PM

Quote:
1. She claims to give vulture capitalism a moral reasoning, these philosophical points are broken and based on no studies WHAT SO EVER: https://crosscut.com/2012/08/ayn-ran...ophy-professor

2. More lies. I have multiple times, including on this thread. If you had read any Marx or Kropotkin, you'd know a house is yours as you live in operation on that land (even outside of presence). You can't on the other hand own two houses being as you can only live in one house at a time

3. You are responsible if you don't speak up. This is government planning that is keeping these people down (experiments on children only ended in 1994!).
1. Marx's philosophical points were based on no studies WHATSOEVER, either. Thus, the idea of a "theory." Perhaps you've heard of it. Einstein's theories were based on no studies, either. It took many years before we were even able to confirm his ideas via "studies."

Also, any university politics professor's rebuttal to Rand's ideas would be based on no studies whatsoever, as well. Politics is not science. Outside of science, a "study" is simply an opinion with a bunch of footnotes citing opinions. Political theory is not a math equation, but ideas. Those ideas either work in practice or they do not. To this point, Rand's ideas have never been tried.

2. I have read Marx. I've always lived by the notion of "know thine enemy." I've also read the Koran (Quran). What you meant to say is "slave for the state or collective on that land" (rather than, "live in operation on that land"). An antebellum slave shack was the home of the slave(s) as well. They worked for their "state" all day and slept in their own shack a couple of hours each night. A state is simply a more powerful plantation owner. A people under the boot of collectivism is simply a larger group of slaves.

3. No sir, sorry. I am not responsible for anything other than my own actions. If what you say were the case, you would be responsible for everything that has ever happened since the beginning of time besides whatever it is you have hoisted your cross and gone on a crusade against. I am an individual. You are a Borg in The Collective.

If the presentation of the Borg Collective was before your time, here's what they were portrayed as. Little did any of us know that STNG was prophetic rather than just a good show. The Borg were supposed to be the bad guys, not the model for modern civilization.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borg

Ultimately, if it is the government keeping these people down, you have only yourself to blame (and those like you). You are the one who wants a massive government with massive power, not me. In my world, the federal government would barely exist. It would be back to the Articles of Confederation, for the most part.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies