Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2018, 08:14 AM

45,585 posts, read 27,209,359 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityguy212 View Post
I'll try my best trump imitation: "Nobody knew trumpwads watched tennis".

It wasn't even on the fox channel, how did you stumble into it?
I guess when you have nothing constructive to say, this is what you do - mindless personal attacks.

It's typical of the liberal mindset that puts people into groups and expects them to act in unison.

Old 09-10-2018, 08:15 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times
Quote:
I'll try my best trump imitation: "Nobody knew trumpwads watched tennis".

It wasn't even on the fox channel, how did you stumble into it?
What makes you think that people who dislike the sophomoric antics of SJW's are pro-Trump?

Old 09-10-2018, 08:40 AM

13,965 posts, read 5,632,409 times
The apologists are out in force trying to make garden variety boorishness somehow noble. And in all of it, the only victim that nobody wants to properly recognize as victimized is Naomi Osaka. She gave Serena the tennis equivalent of a beatdown. Key moment nobody in this whole "Ramos am teh sexist umpirez, Serena R feminyst warriorz!!" thing is forgetting is what started Serena on her downward tatrum spiral, other than be outplayed, outworked, outhustled and out-tennis'd by Osaka - which is the Osaka break-back in the second set.

In Set 2, Game 5, with Osaka up 3-1 in the set, you get the longest game, the longest rally for one point, a few back and forth deuce-advantage-deuce-etc moments, and then Serena, after much work and a lot of cheering, breaks Osaka. 3-2 Osaka, Serena now serving...and she is a great story, and a great champion and omfg, how great would this comeback be, and let's pan the camera to the whole crowd, and see the adoration for Serena, and flowery commentary this and idol worship that, and...and...Osaka breaks back on 4 straight points and crashes the entire narrative along with Serena's hopes like the Hindenburg going down in so many flames. In fact, the 4th point was just straight money and made Serena look old, tired and silly.

Serena's reaction - smash her racket and destroy it. And it was she, not Ramos, who melted down from there. Her coach admits he was coaching. She threw a tantrum after both being schooled by her opponent (who apparently lives under her skin now because this is not the first time Osaka sent Serena to the showers) and being busted for violating the rules, gets the entire world to crap all over her opponent WHO APOLOGIZED FOR WINNING ....and she retreats to her cultural narrative safe spaces of black, woman and mom. So now, the villains in this little drama are the guy upholding the rules and the superior tennis player who simply beat Serena's arse like Serena has beaten so many others. And since Osaka is Japanese, that makes her Asian, ad hating on Asians or whites is perfectly acceptable, so poor Serena, we should replay the US Open since black female athlete was denied something.

Everything about the US Open women's final is revolting, nothing more so than Osaka apologizing, in tears, for winning. A lifetime achievement only the smallest handful of tennis players will ever come close to, and she is made to feel like a proper villain for it. Shame on every single person who fed that narrative, starting with the true villain of the day, and now absolutely least likable person in all of sports - Serena Williams.

EDIT - and go back and watch every Serena meltdown going back to the 2009 US Open where she threatened a line judge. Every...single...time, she retreats to her "men say much worse, you're all sexists" faux feminist relativism. Every time.

Last edited by Volobjectitarian; 09-10-2018 at 08:52 AM..

Old 09-10-2018, 08:44 AM

5,462 posts, read 3,038,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albion View Post
She called him a thief, a liar and sexist. She lost it totally. The fact is Osaka was kicking her butt and Williams couldn’t take it.
You should try telling this to Kyrgi-ass types of players first.

Serena was not wrong this time.

Old 09-10-2018, 08:46 AM

5,462 posts, read 3,038,559 times
Quote:
Um, just a look at your profile confirms it.

Serena has an ultimate amount of intensity. I like to watch that. I don't like to watch mediocre people sitting in a highchair impacting the result of the US Open Finals.
He is one of the key trumplets of this forum.

Old 09-10-2018, 08:52 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,713,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
WRONG. See below.

Guess you missed these:
I watch men's tennis pretty much every day that there is a tournament going somewhere in the world.
I don't have to go back to the 1990s to find incidents of bad behavior from the men, as I see it regularly.

From last year:

Fabio Fognini's suspended two-Slam ban and fine: what it is

BTW, have you seen Andy Murray on court in the last few years? Streams of curses from beginning to end of every match. No point or game penalties for Mr. Murray, oh, no.

I stand by what I said - there is a double-standard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
This pretty much says it all:

Serena RUINED that day for Osaka. All the fake for-public-consumption-only graciousness was far too little way too late. The damage had been done. Osaka's win was spoiled.

Serena was WRONG - and as usual made it ALL ABOUT HER - that proverbial chip on her shoulder never leaves. So damn tiresome.
Whatever.

Old 09-10-2018, 08:57 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,713,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I don't think you really watch tennis or you would have heard of Nick Kyrgios.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...anghai-masters

Tennis Star Nick Kyrgios Gets Stiff Fine For Masturbating Water Bottle | TMZ.com

and then there was this event at the US open last week, I guess coaching from the referee is acceptable.

No penalty for U.S. Open umpire who 'went beyond protocol' in Kyrgios match
Krygios is just one of many men who continue to be tolerated because they are "good for the sport" meaning they put butts in the seats and eyeballs in front of TVs.
Many of his and others' on-court exploits are never addressed while they are occurring and are only ever addressed after the fact with fines or whatever.

Serena is 100% correct.
There is a double-standard.

Old 09-10-2018, 09:17 AM

27,193 posts, read 13,482,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Krygios is just one of many men who continue to be tolerated because they are "good for the sport" meaning they put butts in the seats and eyeballs in front of TVs.
Many of his and others' on-court exploits are never addressed while they are occurring and are only ever addressed after the fact with fines or whatever.

Serena is 100% correct.
There is a double-standard.
The recent juvennile behaviour of players such as Krygios, Tomic, Medvedev etc has led Wimbledon to seriously consider implimenting changes in relation to the first round. As it stands players who get to the first round autmatically get paid £35,000 ($45,000) if they lose, which meant lots of players were just there to collect the money and were otherwise not really interested.

There have been fines and bans imposed for idiotic behaviour by male players and most of these players are never going to win much, although you don't have to win in tennis to make a good living which is part of the problem and these type of players take advantage of the genorosity of tournaments in relation to those knocked out at the early stages.

Tomic dumped by sponsor Head after fine for Wimbledon behaviour - The Guardian

Nick Kyrgios banned for eight weeks & fined $25,000 by ATP - BBC Sport

Nick Kyrgios' Wimbledon ends amid controversy against Richard Gasquet - The Guardian

Daniil Medvedev faces heavy fine after throwing coins at umpire's chair - The Guardian

Wimbledon 2017: Tomic and Medvedev fined for unsportsmanlike conduct - BBC Sport

Last edited by Brave New World; 09-10-2018 at 09:31 AM..

Old 09-10-2018, 09:21 AM

1,148 posts, read 1,014,547 times

Old 09-10-2018, 09:33 AM

24,646 posts, read 9,472,982 times
She is such a sore loser.

Can she just shut up and play tennis? Was her 20 years of dominance and massive wealth not good enough to be a good sportsman?

Serena, you lost fair and square honey. Go home to your white husband and mansion so the real winner can have her moment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies