Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2018, 11:37 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,834,803 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
You sound very wishful but the reality is she destroyed all competition in the US open before getting to the final, this was one incident. She was of course wrong but she's not going anywhere, she lost matches last year this isn't the first.
LOL Her opponent can make that claim, too.

Frankly, I suspect she's going to amp up the childish tantrums, even more pathetic for a woman approaching 40, as she continues to try to break certain records.

And yes, that includes cheating, which she did do, as her coach admitted that he sent her signals off-court. Tsk tsk.

Old 09-10-2018, 11:41 AM

11,578 posts, read 13,952,362 times
What's it been....30 years since McEnroe's outbursts? LOL

Old 09-10-2018, 11:45 AM

9,457 posts, read 5,229,337 times
I don't follow tennis anymore, but I always knew she was the best of the best. But that conduct? even if she WAS furious AND thought the official was wrong, I thought it was unsportsman-like behavior. And then to take the spotlight away from the actual winner (which everyone agrees WAS indeed clear), well, that was just plain sad.

Old 09-10-2018, 11:45 AM

13,966 posts, read 5,630,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cityguy212 View Post
Why am I not surprised that your lizard brain latched onto the "intentional hindrance" call in 2011?

Another high-chair idiot that distracted us from a great match. Was a clear winner, should have just been replayed.
Stosur got her racket onto the ball, and Serena committed a verbal hindrance penalty. During that same tournament, if you read the article, Marion Bartoli got the same kind penalty during her 2nd round match. Serena isn't singled out, she just claims she is whenever she's losing.

And seriously, why are you personally insulting me?
Quote:
Nobody has gotten hooked on the tennis court as much as Serena Williams.
Prove it.
Quote:
I know, she's black, female and big. So much for some people to hate.
Minus these childish outbursts and her relativistic blame shifting, I like watching Serena play tennis. I don't like when any player abuses referees in any sport, and I hate watching sore losers pout and throw tantrums.

In 2009, Clijsters beat her soundly, and she acted like a sore loser. In 2011, Stosur beat her soundly, and she acted like a sore loser. In 2018, Osaka beat her soundly, and she acted like a sore loser.

Pattern isn't hard to pick up on. Serena hates losing and blames losses on umpires, judges, the rules, perceived double standards, etc. Everything except getting soundly beaten by an opponent that was superior to her that day. She's not a fan of taking sound beatings.

Old 09-10-2018, 11:48 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,620,010 times
Quote:
Um, just a look at your profile confirms it.

Serena has an ultimate amount of intensity. I like to watch that. I don't like to watch mediocre people sitting in a highchair impacting the result of the US Open Finals.
Um, are you 12? My *profile* is empty. And I'm a Democrat.

Old 09-10-2018, 11:49 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,620,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanv3 View Post
He is one of the key trumplets of this forum.
Now YOU - YOU should be embarrassed by this because you're not new - you just don't pay any attention to what's going on around you.

Old 09-10-2018, 11:51 AM

8,059 posts, read 3,947,393 times
This was not Serena's #MeToo moment... it was her #MeMeMe moment.

Old 09-10-2018, 11:56 AM

13,966 posts, read 5,630,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Frankly, I suspect she's going to amp up the childish tantrums, even more pathetic for a woman approaching 40, as she continues to try to break certain records.

And yes, that includes cheating, which she did do, as her coach admitted that he sent her signals off-court. Tsk tsk.
Ramos is a gold badge umpire. He didn't get there by accident. And he is a known stickler for the rules. Always has been, ask Rafael Nadal, who likes to take 15 minute breaks during matches and gets warnings from Ramos on the second his break has gone too long. He has called tons of coaching violations, because he watches the coaches for the violation. Newsflash to coaches, players and entourages when Ramos is the chair umpire - don't test that dude...you'll lose.

Should that "coaching from the stands" rule change? Sure, but as of Saturday afternoon, it was still a rule. Far as I know, it is still a rule this very minute. And all Serena had to do was LET IT GO. A first warning doesn't cost you a point or a game. It's simply a warning. Take the warning and move on. When you get your serve broken and already have a warning (right or wrong), don't smash your racket, as that ALWAYS get a misconduct penalty. And when you do get that point violation and know for a fact your next infraction costs you an entire game and you are already losing to your opponent, don't call the umpire a "cheat" and "thief" as these are clear verbal abuse violations.

"Everyone does it, why are you picking on me" is not a defense. Her coach ADMITTED he was signaling her. Video evidence PROVES she smashed her racket. Video evidence PROVES she verbally abused the chair umpire. And video evidence also PROVES her opponent gave her a sound beating on the tennis court, just like in 2011 and 2009 when she melted down.

And as she gets older and less physically dominant over competition, I fully expect to see this same kind of nonsense when she gets beaten. She's established a pattern and put an exclamation point on it.

Old 09-10-2018, 12:00 PM

3,129 posts, read 1,333,458 times
Quote:
Again, I'm really surprised so many trumpwads have interest in a thread about tennis.
What an interesting statement. I'd love to know what's behind it.

Old 09-10-2018, 12:00 PM

14,483 posts, read 11,287,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
It's beyond question that Trump applies different standards to different National and Ethnic groups (Muslim Ban, Mexican tweets, wanting Immigrants from Norway), and that he expresses sympathy with White Supremacists (Charlottesville comments and others). This is not some MSM invention (or Fox invention against Barack Obama), the proof is his OWN Tweets. It is as obvious as the nose on his face but many still claim it's not there.

Trump has repeated stated that owners should fire/release any protesting players (predominately black) for exercising their 1st Amendment rights. It is pretty obvious the guy has favorites and and little sympathy for those not fitting that category.
Saying that the NFL players should be fired or leave the country is not proof of racism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies