Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should the FBI investigate credible accounts of sexual assault committed by a Supreme Court nominee?
Yes 29 67.44%
No 14 32.56%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2018, 03:30 PM

17,155 posts, read 12,973,124 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimchee View Post
Do you ignore your daughter, wife or sister too when they say they have been sexually assaulted? Or do you tell them you are full of sh%t, quit asking for it and/or go back to the kitchen?

What exactly is credible to you? Is an investigation alot to ask or are you part of the backlash against the MeToo movement?

Great question. Woe be the victim whose parent/husband is a Republican. I wonder if the person will say, "You asked for it. You're just a s***."

28,122 posts, read 12,616,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
it is not the purview of the FBI to investigate local crimes. now if the local authorities were given the information and asked to investigate the crime then fine, let it happen.
Yep, the FBI only gets involved when the crimes involve crossing state lines or things like that.

16,960 posts, read 17,354,326 times
Lmao, tears isn’t enough to make anything credible.

I’m sorry, but this woman can’t remember a damn thing. She says she remembers very clearly “laughing” while “someone was on top of me”. Think about that statement “someone on top of me”.

Yeah, she can’t even remember who was on top of her; not to mention where, when, how, etc.

It’s going to take the FBI about an hour to sort this out, over a lunch break.

Old 09-28-2018, 03:35 PM

3,088 posts, read 1,550,231 times
Quote:
Do you ignore your daughter, wife or sister too when they say they have been sexually assaulted? Or do you tell them you are full of sh%t, quit asking for it and/or go back to the kitchen?

What exactly is credible to you? Is an investigation alot to ask or are you part of the backlash against the MeToo movement?
I hope you taught your daughter how to be a responsible drinker and take care of herself. Otherwise.. credibility can be sorely lacking

Old 09-28-2018, 03:37 PM

57,321 posts, read 26,245,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikMal View Post
A credible account would include a witness or some form of evidence. With the Kavanaugh circus, none of the "witnesses" named by the accuser admit to there having been any such incident at a party, not even the friend who accompanied the "victim". Right now, all we have is "she said; he said".
Then how did they bring down Bill Cosby and all those priests, no witnesses just claims of assault. No physical evidence, many assault cases have no witnesses.

Old 09-28-2018, 03:38 PM

20,122 posts, read 9,036,439 times
Dr. Ford provided names that were at the "party". You could interview them in a couple days, that's all they do with these things.

they report or summarize the interviews that they conduct. This isn't a criminal matter. These people she identified are already on record that this never party happened, under penalty of law. You think they're going to say something different now? lol

there's nothing to investigate ...gives liberals to come up with allegations -- Americans see what this is. Dems know what these (302's) are about, they're just buying time

Old 09-28-2018, 03:45 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,674,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
That seems to be exactly what liberal democrats do, you aren't conveniently forgetting what started the entire "metoo" movement are you? Or how liberals have spent YEARS treating women who accuse democrats? Or are only women who accuse Republicans supposed to be believed?

cred·i·ble
ˈkredəb(ə)l/Submit
adjective
able to be believed; convincing.
"few people found his story credible"
synonyms: believable, plausible, tenable, able to hold water, conceivable, likely, probable, possible, feasible, reasonable, with a ring of truth, persuasive
"only one of the so-called witnesses could provide a credible story"

NONE of the women accusing Kavanaugh in any way meet any definition of credible. I'm sure that won't stop "the resistance" from fabricating more of them over
“I found her testimony to be very compelling and she looks like a very fine woman to me. “

“I found her very credible and very good in many respects.”

- Donald Trump

https://youtu.be/DYvRAIxyY1A

Last edited by biggunsmallbrains; 09-28-2018 at 03:56 PM..

Old 09-28-2018, 03:47 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,229,128 times
She was not sexually assaulted, even if what she described occurred the way she claims.

Old 09-28-2018, 03:51 PM

89,060 posts, read 44,877,895 times
Quote:

What exactly is credible to you?
Corroborating evidence. Ford has none.

Old 09-28-2018, 03:53 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,674,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
She was not sexually assaulted, even if what she described occurred the way she claims.
Because she escaped getting raped?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies