Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should the FBI investigate credible accounts of sexual assault committed by a Supreme Court nominee?
Yes 29 67.44%
No 14 32.56%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2018, 03:56 PM

22,665 posts, read 24,619,009 times

Advertisements

In one week they are going to have LOTS more "victims" come forward, FBI will have their hands full.

Old 09-28-2018, 04:03 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,674,713 times
Trump reopened the FBI investigation. Well, shut my mouth.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/28/trum...vanaugh--.html

Old 09-28-2018, 04:08 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,631,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Its a hypothetical argument. So far there has been no creditable accounts from accuser's with any offering of corroboration. ZERO.

Its just more delay and capitulation to the party of ambush tactics meant to resist,obstruct and delay.

They need a weak fool to assist them and had to look no farther than a Flake.

More of the political power struggle and a new circus performance daily.
Obviously the party you are talking about is the Republicans and how they handled the Merrick Garland nomination right?

Old 09-28-2018, 04:51 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,983,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
it is not the purview of the FBI to investigate local crimes. now if the local authorities were given the information and asked to investigate the crime then fine, let it happen.

Yep! If "That woman" (I refuse to pollute the internet with her name) would go to the Police where the incident occurred and file a report, they would be glad to take her statement. Then they would very likely tell her to go home, there is nothing to investigate, because she can not furnish enough details. Oh, yes, if she furnished the names of witnesses, they might bring them in for interviews. When the witnesses said "I don't remember anything like that happening!" that would be the end of the investigation
When the FBI investigation finds that no crime was committed, will the democrats then call for the Secret Service or the CIA (or both) to investigate the issue?
Perhaps they can find a Private Investigator to take the case...

Old 09-28-2018, 05:15 PM

57,323 posts, read 26,245,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
Yep! If "That woman" (I refuse to pollute the internet with her name) would go to the Police where the incident occurred and file a report, they would be glad to take her statement. Then they would very likely tell her to go home, there is nothing to investigate, because she can not furnish enough details. Oh, yes, if she furnished the names of witnesses, they might bring them in for interviews. When the witnesses said "I don't remember anything like that happening!" that would be the end of the investigation
When the FBI investigation finds that no crime was committed, will the democrats then call for the Secret Service or the CIA (or both) to investigate the issue?
Perhaps they can find a Private Investigator to take the case...
You just described the reason why well over half of sexual assault cases are never reported, this week is a perfect example.

Old 09-28-2018, 05:21 PM

59,138 posts, read 27,349,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
I can’t see why not.
I find it VERY IRONIC, some of the SAME people who are TOTALLY AGAINST ICE, a FEDERAL Agency, and assisting THEM in curtailing our HUGE illegal imagination problems, SUDDENLY NOW want the FBI to get involved in LOCAL CRIME ISSUES.

You can't make this stuff up!

Old 09-28-2018, 05:22 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,382,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
Trump reopened the FBI investigation. Well, shut my mouth.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/28/trum...vanaugh--.html
Of course he did. Statists love the FBI.

Originally created to stop "anarchists" from taking over the country because a self-proclaimed one killed President McKinley, the first two main objectives in the early years of the FBI were stopping interstate prostitution (the Mann Act) and enforcing Prohibition.

Two "crimes" that have no victims thus rendering the acts as non-crimes.

And now, even if a sexual assault has occurred, we have a government agency with no proper jurisdiction to investigate it, by its own admission mind you, doing just that.

Fantastic.

Well, if we're pretending that the government is morally and logically legit (it isn't) I suppose we might as well pretend the FBI is morally and logically legit too (it isn't) and furthermore...let's just pretend the FBI's own doctrine of what it can and can't investigate can change at a moment's notice...like a fart floating in a swirling wind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies