Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2018, 01:34 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,815,064 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
You need them to offer you something? Like what? I look at political parties as a necessary evil and it is my job to watch what they do to ensure they don't eff things up too bad. Not as people who can provide something to me.
Let me put it this way. The Democratic Party is the party that protects my human rights as a non-Christian and as a gay man. Republicans want to infringe on those rights.

Old 09-30-2018, 01:36 PM

271 posts, read 139,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Is anyone else feeling like the democrat party is out of control with their attacks on men, especially white males?
A day doesn’t go by now without some democrat politician or activist saying things like, “men should just shut up,” “our country’s problems are from male privilege” “ white men are all a$$ holes,” “you can’t trust a group of all male senators” etc etc etc

The Kavanaugh hearing has really brought this to a head for me. Two possible victims — Ford possibly a victim of sexual groping, and Kavanaugh a possible victim of false horrific accusations to ruin his career and life.
But the female victim is treated so very very differently than the male victim, and we think that unfairness is just fine.

As a senior female, I have only a few times in my whole life had bad experiences with men, the vast vast majority of men in my life have been honorable, kind, generous with help and advice, and honest. I fear the Dems are indoctrinating a whole generation of young women to view men as villains.

It's very very sad. It's also complete nonsense. But remember, people have the ability to transcend such nonsense. Let's hope they choose well.

Old 09-30-2018, 01:46 PM

12,039 posts, read 6,572,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Let me put it this way. The Democratic Party is the party that protects my human rights as a non-Christian and as a gay man. Republicans want to infringe on those rights.
I’m really sorry you feel that, but you need to get up to speed and your head out of the liberal media bubble.
Most republicans these days are just fine with gays and gay marriage.
There’s a candidate in Virginia for Congress (Denver Riggleman) who is openly supportive of gay marriage and legalizing marijuana. His support of gay marriage is prominately on his website. There are many others.
FOX news was the first cable station to hire an openly gay man (Sheppard Smith)
Liz Cheney is gay and speaks at many republican gay groups.
The guy who started #walkaway is gay and started the whole site because he learned republicans were fine, even supportive, with him being gay. (He had been lied to by democrats)
The conservative guy who was banned from speaking and rioted over at Berkeley is openly gay.
Etc etc etc

Old 09-30-2018, 01:46 PM

17,155 posts, read 12,965,617 times
Quote:
Is anyone else feeling like the democrat party is out of control with their attacks on men, especially white males?
A day doesn’t go by now without some democrat politician or activist saying things like, “men should just shut up,” “our country’s problems are from male privilege” “ white men are all a$$ holes,” “you can’t trust a group of all male senators” etc etc etc

The Kavanaugh hearing has really brought this to a head for me. Two possible victims — Ford possibly a victim of sexual groping, and Kavanaugh a possible victim of false horrific accusations to ruin his career and life.
But the female victim is treated so very very differently than the male victim, and we think that unfairness is just fine.

As a senior female, I have only a few times in my whole life had bad experiences with men, the vast vast majority of men in my life have been honorable, kind, generous with help and advice, and honest. I fear the Dems are indoctrinating a whole generation of young women to view men as villains.
Considering that the vast majority of the White House, Senate, and SC is composed of white male Republicans, I have little sympathy for these cries of victimhood, especially since Kavanaugh's confirmation is all but assured no matter what this abbreviated FBI investigation turns up. Even if Kavanaugh is not confirmed, I would be shocked if Trump doesn't appoint another white male in his stead. When Trump was making all important decisions on abortion and maternity health care coverage, it was a group of white guys in the boardroom who decided made these critical decisions for women, who make up 51% of the American population. It's a man's world, especially in this administration.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39375228

Old 09-30-2018, 01:52 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
Quote:
I’m really sorry you feel that, but you need to get up to speed and your head out of the liberal media bubble.
Most republicans these days are just fine with gays and gay marriage.
There’s a candidate in Virginia for Congress (Denver Riggleman) who is openly supportive of gay marriage and legalizing marijuana. His support of gay marriage is prominately on his website. There are many others.
FOX news was the first cable station to hire an openly gay man (Sheppard Smith)
Liz Cheney is gay and speaks at many republican gay groups.
The guy who started #walkaway is gay and started the whole site because he learned republicans were fine, even supportive, with him being gay. (He had been lied to by democrats)
The conservative guy who was banned from speaking and rioted over at Berkeley is openly gay.
Etc etc etc
Bawac stays at his strict preacher fathers house in the middle of Oklahoma and complains about his life. I've asked him a dozen times why he doesn't move to Dallas where he can be openly Gay and be accepted by just about everyone.

He never responds. He just stays in Oklahoma and complains about Christians, Trump and his small world.

Old 09-30-2018, 01:53 PM

23,558 posts, read 17,232,713 times
Well the latest war on women by the democrats took place last week as Ford's expense.

Dems will use anyone to forward their political agenda. Men, women, babies, and every possible demographic crease.

Voting choice is between a democrat despotic regime, where guilt is assigned for opposing their political position, or America and a return to justice.

No where in the universe do democrats give the impression they do not wage war on men and women. Does not apply to Ellison or corey booker.

Old 09-30-2018, 01:56 PM

5,472 posts, read 3,226,183 times
I don't think there is a aim to make villains of "all white men".... I think what is being seen it the rejection of "white male dominance". People are no longer willing to accept the "white male dominance By Confederacy Ideologist.

The world's nations has changed and the world's nations no longer accepts being looked at as less than, when it come to being measured based on the Old Ideology of White Male Dominance. They no longer see that as a bench mark of measurement of what is a "man".

Its no longer desired to be seen as a bench mark of what is "a man" in America. White men will still get respect as a man, but not as some "supreme figure" who is above all other men.

The old white men in the Congress exemplify the last hurrah of the "old white male dominance" and they are fighting everything to try and hold on to that old concept.
Women are not standing for it, minorities within the make up of multi-cultural society is not standing for it. Its about Men being seen as Men, regardless of their ethnicity or skin color.

Truthfully, that concept of white male dominance should have ended with the Emancipation Proclamation, and the 13th Amendment, but by acts of Jim Crow and Political Manipulations they were able to prolong it, it should have changed after the 1964 Civil Rights Act, but Nixon and Reagan did all they could to try and make means to assure the continuance of white male dominance. They did so by shifting away jobs, busting unions and trying to cut off the pathway of economic equilibrium, not only for minority men, but for women as well.

Society is no longer going for it, they see the devastation it has caused in the erosion of American Industry, they see communities falling into decay and they see the damage it has done to young people. Reagan's act of taking funds from State Universities and causing its cost to skyrocket, and Devastating the Community College stature.
Those things damage poor white society, they damaged minority society and they damaged women in society... and now... reality is showing the extent of that damage.

People are learning that any act that has intent to damage minorities and women in general, also damages poor whites, and any act that seeks to diminish anything for minorities and women in general, also diminishes things for poor whites.

The Era of the White Male Dominance is coming to the conclusion it should have net a century plus decades ago.

The world functions by Liberal Democracy, not by the Autocratic premise of what is White Male Dominance.

The sooner America comes to terms with that, the better for the future of America.

The fall of the "white male dominance" is not a discrimination against white men, it is the fall of a madness that promoted white men discriminating against all others.

This is the Era where "Equality Takes Center State" in a Multi-Cultural Society... and that Equality means "Opportunity" is open and will become available to "All"...

Its as Obama said... "everyone deserves equal opportunity" and success comes to those who prepare themselves and embrace that opportunity by being prepared to engage it. That is a premise of what is a "level playing field'... and on that level playing field, its up to "each" individual to prepare themselves for opportunity, and apply themselves within opportunity... Period.

No more nepotism, not more white male dominance and no more white male privilege... everyone comes to the same table and pursue the same opportunities on equal grounds.

Its still going to take work, because of the past imbalance that were systemic in white male privilege, so ... there will still need to be program and policies that work to stamp out the remains and remnants of white male dominance and white male privilege, and that may take a decade of so... but it is the pathway that America must take and it is the goal American must achieve.

Then, we get to the real premise of what Democracy is founded upon, which is the Equality of Person as Individual.

Wealth and Power will fight the process, because white men hold the wealth and power in those regard, and they will not willingly submit to equality premise... But it will be the people... who will demand the "equality premise" becomes the basis within this democracy.

We may well have to go to "Federal and State Campaign Financing" and abolish the Electoral College and this will be a move that Ban's the Financial Backed Lobbyist to Tamper with and Influence Our Political Elections. It will take our politics away from being "controlled by the wealthy" !!!! It will mean "anyone" has a chance at elected office, and they don't have to have $10's and $100's of millions of private campaign funds behind them.

Old 09-30-2018, 02:20 PM

3,082 posts, read 1,547,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mortpes View Post
The Democrats are doing so much damage to future young men.
But they are also doing tremendous damage to young women. They are teaching the girls that its ok to lie, its ok to drink to excess, its ok to be a victim. We will believe you all the time. Just play the victim card instead of taking responsibility for your actions and behavior. It also denigrates the women who have been abused, who have been raped and assaulted. These are partying teenagers who should have some sense. This is not Anita Hill.

Old 09-30-2018, 02:32 PM

34,058 posts, read 17,081,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Bawac stays at his strict preacher fathers house in the middle of Oklahoma and complains about his life. I've asked him a dozen times why he doesn't move to Dallas where he can be openly Gay and be accepted by just about everyone.

He never responds. He just stays in Oklahoma and complains about Christians, Trump and his small world.
Well if his father pays the bills (Mortgage, rent, utilities, etc), his father should set up all the rules.

If he wishes to set the rules, he should go rent a house elsewhere with money he earns on his own. That way, he can pick as liberal a location as he chooses to.

Old 09-30-2018, 02:43 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,716,760 times
So Democrats elect a black man and it’s a war on whites. They nominate a white woman and it’s a war on white men. Has it ever occurred to rabid Trump supporters that a white man could possibly be guilty? Ever?The definitions Kavanaugh have for words used in his yearbook were not remotely believable.But white men who have more power than anyone are victims? What next? Trump the thrice married self-claimed billionaire son of a rich man with a history of infidelity is a victim too?

Every Democratic president in history has been a man. Every Democratic president except one has been white. There has never been a woman president in over 200 years. But white men are being oppressed? What kind of ridiculous joke is this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies