Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 14 6.25%
58-60 7 3.13%
55-57 13 5.80%
50-54 144 64.29%
49 or less 46 20.54%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2018, 11:12 PM

37,213 posts, read 19,210,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Reportedly, dr ford had 30+ sexual partners....I feel for her husband, not knowing this....maybe that's why they are still married, they may have a disease?

See how easy that is?
At least hers were consensual.

Old 10-03-2018, 11:13 PM

37,213 posts, read 19,210,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
The man reacted as a human who has had unsubstantiated horrific claims made against him. You were implying that his wife is unsafe.
How do you know she isn't...?

Old 10-03-2018, 11:23 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,414,967 times
Lol, you all scream for an FBI investigation, one is done, now crying over the results, along with all the excuses about it (all of this was predicted of course, that is what you regressive leftists do).

The investigation was to be over the accusation from Ford and others for sexual assault, not what he wrote in yearbook, or when he threw ice in college or whatever idiotic things you all think of.

He did not lie about drinking, this has been debunked over and over again, obtuse we are. Certainly not to the extent he was misleading, he fully admitted he drank and sometimes too much, not sure what you want more. Since he has not been in any trouble for drinking, ever, it is a non-issue anyway.

Old 10-03-2018, 11:25 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,414,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
I think the non partisans tend to understand that the president's power is limited and don't buy his claims of being solely or mainly responsible for a good economy, plus the economy is still not good for many Americans and that's not changing, corporatism is alive and well and busy ensuring the opposite of a free market. Walmart and others can throw some bones with $11/hr or whatever but a great many people aren't keeping up with inflation. Independents are generally not those who fall for the "other" as enemy that Trump thrives on.

For a lot of people Trump seemed like a real difference. I know a couple of people like that and they are not happy with him. I totally understand why they would put hope in a non politicia?n but a wealthy, egotistical, reality star, developer form NYC was only ever going to care about himself and his rich friends. The cult is hopeless but a good number who voted for him won't do it again. Not that we are likely to get a decent D either but I think the best we can hope for is divided power, so DC can do as little damage as possible.
What in the hell does that have to do with this?

At what point in history was the economy ever good for every single person? Name that magical time please.

Old 10-04-2018, 12:09 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,273,201 times
Summary of New Yorker stories: Ramirez thinks someone showed her their penis at a college party. She wasn't sure if it was BK until last week. No one who was there is corroborating. They found 1 guy who said he heard about it, but the person he says he heard it from denies it.

Ramirez should go to a mental health institution.....either she needs attention bad or she is a nut job. My bet, she will find a job at the DNC for her story.

If I say, 35 years ago a woman showed me her breasts in a college party but I'm not sure and I make a big deal about it 35 years later with the media, please guys just shoot my brains out.

Old 10-04-2018, 12:58 AM

6,790 posts, read 8,199,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
I read it all. Have a nice night.
Then you understand, great. Have a nice night.

Old 10-04-2018, 01:09 AM

13,264 posts, read 7,316,697 times
This guy seems very creditable

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQGrTMLYTCI

Old 10-04-2018, 01:44 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,273,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
This guy seems very creditable

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQGrTMLYTCI

so what's the crime again? it seems this roommate didn't get along with Kavanaugh and the other roommate. I had people that I didn't get along in high school and college. They are not going to talk nice about me or I won't say nice things about them. That's high school and college, not everybody is going to like you.

he says he didn't have a relationship with the 3rd roommate but he put his furniture on the grass as a joke? no wonder they didn't get along and he says that was it.... I have a feeling more things happened and he doesn't want to get into it. I hope the 3rd roommate comes forward and exposes this rat.

he says he believes Ford and Ramirez's stories but he wasn't there. He is not friends of Ford's and Ramirez. So why he would say that? that just kicking the guy when he is down.

this guy is a joke and a backstabber roommate.....I would never do this to any of my ex-roommates even if I didn't get along with them. I wouldn't pile on when the guy is down.

if Kavanaugh was so drunk all the time in college like this rat alleges, how was Kavanaugh on top of his class with high grades in a very tough university?......... so Kavanaugh did all that by being a drunk most of the time in college? LOL

Last edited by Oldhag1; 10-04-2018 at 05:49 AM.. Reason: Fixed formatting

Old 10-04-2018, 01:50 AM

4,488 posts, read 1,643,904 times
Look, Kavanaugh is a pathetic, lying, crybaby that wanted to actually rape a young woman back in the day. He doesn’t belong anywhere near the Supreme Court!

Old 10-04-2018, 01:53 AM

6,790 posts, read 8,199,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
I give Kavanaugh a pass this time only.......no SC nominee has been crucified like he has and the Democrats planned this.

Before that he has conducted himself fine as a federal judge and during the hearings.....so I will give him the benefit of the doubt when he goes to the SC and hope this NEVER happens again in the future.
That's fair, people have a right to differ. I hope you are right about the bolded and it goes for all of them. I want the SC to rise above the partisan. They can have their viewpoints but they should be based on the law and their true consideration of the issues, not partisan politics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies