Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2018, 12:51 PM

20,872 posts, read 9,550,882 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
A religion that acts like the world is ending because some football player kneels for the national anthem yet is apathetic towards or even supportive of brown-skinned CHILDREN being imprisoned at the border is a morally bankrupt religion.
That is not Christianity doing that. That is Donald Trump doing that. Donald Trump is not a Christian.

Old 10-08-2018, 01:09 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,854,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
That is not Christianity doing that. That is Donald Trump doing that. Donald Trump is not a Christian.

Oh, I don't know, I saw him dancing in a church service one time !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjz-ByF0HIo

I'm amazed lightning didn't come down and hit him !

Old 10-08-2018, 01:15 PM

4,710 posts, read 7,106,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
That and liberals are against any thing traditionally for whites. Liberals like Islam because it's a religion of non-Europeans.
Liberals do not "like" Islam. Liberals believe in religious freedom, no matter what your beliefs. Liberals are not against "anything traditionally for whites." In fact, we believe that all races, traditions, ethnicity should share in the blessings of our society. Liberalism is not against whites, it is for EVERYONE. Your racial supremacy is showing.

White men will eventually be dragged, kicking and screaming, into the reality that the world is changing. Your desire to always be the top dog, and in control of everyone else, is outdated. White supremacy will eventually be drown out by demographics, and as far as I am concerned, good riddance. Humanity are all one family, and regarded as equals by God.

Old 10-08-2018, 01:24 PM

301 posts, read 189,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FluidFreedom View Post
How about Christians who try to force their beliefs on everyone else by pushing those beliefs into politics. How about Christians who stand on street corners at pride events with their hate speech and “god hates ****” signs.
Yep. To name a few. Also, "Christianity" encouraged me to hide the fact that I was raped, rather than speak about it and include it in my "testimony" because if any of the single men in the church found out, they wouldn't want to marry me.

Old 10-08-2018, 01:30 PM

4,800 posts, read 2,804,486 times
Default I don't think Christiantiy would have tried to limit itself in the World

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
And [Christians] that led the abolitionist movement and sparked the Enlightenment.
I don't think so. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of...nment#Religion

"Religion[edit]

"Enlightenment era religious commentary was a response to the preceding century of religious conflict in Europe, especially the Thirty Years' War.[61] Theologians of the Enlightenment wanted to reform their faith to its generally non-confrontational roots and to limit the capacity for religious controversy to spill over into politics and warfare while still maintaining a true faith in God. For moderate Christians, this meant a return to simple Scripture. John Locke abandoned the corpus of theological commentary in favor of an "unprejudiced examination" of the Word of God alone. He determined the essence of Christianity to be a belief in Christ the redeemer and recommended avoiding more detailed debate.[62] In the Jefferson Bible, Thomas Jefferson went further and dropped any passages dealing with miracles, visitations of angels and the resurrection of Jesus after his death, as he tried to extract the practical Christian moral code of the New Testament.[63]

"Enlightenment scholars sought to curtail the political power of organized religion and thereby prevent another age of intolerant religious war.[64] Spinoza determined to remove politics from contemporary and historical theology (e.g., disregarding Judaic law).[65] Moses Mendelssohn advised affording no political weight to any organized religion, but instead recommended that each person follow what they found most convincing.[66] They believed a good religion based in instinctive morals and a belief in God should not theoretically need force to maintain order in its believers, and both Mendelssohn and Spinoza judged religion on its moral fruits, not the logic of its theology.[67]"

(My emphasis - more @ the URL)

Possibly abolition, but not the Enlightenment (which seemed to be about limiting the political impact of religion, from what I see.)

Old 10-08-2018, 01:35 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,881,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Grasshopper View Post
Liberals do not "like" Islam. Liberals believe in religious freedom, no matter what your beliefs. Liberals are not against "anything traditionally for whites." In fact, we believe that all races, traditions, ethnicity should share in the blessings of our society. Liberalism is not against whites, it is for EVERYONE. Your racial supremacy is showing.

White men will eventually be dragged, kicking and screaming, into the reality that the world is changing. Your desire to always be the top dog, and in control of everyone else, is outdated. White supremacy will eventually be drown out by demographics, and as far as I am concerned, good riddance. Humanity are all one family, and regarded as equals by God.
Why do you want to Latin Americanize America and Europe? You liberals are for no one. You just want power and want to overtax and overregulate literally everything.

Old 10-08-2018, 01:36 PM

4,800 posts, read 2,804,486 times
Default Count them, Alice

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
That and liberals are against any thing traditionally for whites. Liberals like Islam because it's a religion of non-Europeans.
Now there's an interesting question. How many world religions originated in Europe?

Old 10-08-2018, 01:39 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,427,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunalvr View Post
Yep. To name a few. Also, "Christianity" encouraged me to hide the fact that I was raped, rather than speak about it and include it in my "testimony" because if any of the single men in the church found out, they wouldn't want to marry me.
That was mankind. Mankind is flawed in every way. That was not in the name of Jesus even though some Christians will use Christianity for their own flawed agenda just as humans use many things to their agenda including politics and abuse. Christians have a personal relationship with their maker. They don't define ALL human interaction on the bases of Christianity. If we did, none of us would have any hope or promise that is found in his word.

Old 10-08-2018, 01:39 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,881,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southwest88 View Post
Now there's an interesting question. How many world religions originated in Europe?
European people have their own take on the Christian religion, Protestantism and Catholicism basically originated in Europe. Technically even Jesus was under the Roman empire.

Old 10-08-2018, 01:41 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,121,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southwest88 View Post
Not Christianity, that's for sure.

Jesus was a middle eastern Jew. Not a white European.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies