Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2018, 05:27 AM

8,104 posts, read 3,963,035 times

Advertisements

It seems the narrative in the media is to sweep this under the carpet and get back to business as usual.
I made a $100 bet with a relative that we will continue to support the house of Saud no matter what happens.
911 was a bigger deal than this and we swept the house of Saud involvement under the carpet then.

Arm shipments will continue and there is even talk of American Corporations building a Nuclear Reactor in Saudi Arabia. What could possibly go wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2018, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Not a US citizen and only recently came to the US. Killed in a 3rd country.

The press brings it up because the press looks out for the press.

Not good but not our business unless we are going to go after every bad regime.
How about not supporting evil regimes?
We need not go after them but we should not support them either.
Cut off all trade relations with them.

Old 11-17-2018, 05:41 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,843,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchampagne232000 View Post
true "america first" pres we got here. Maybe its $$$$ first.

trump mulls letting turkey kill u.s. Resident to help saudis

if obama had done this they'd be talking about it in 2030 on fox. Shameful.
wth?

Old 11-17-2018, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
We are friends of mutual convenience...definitely not in the way we are with Canada or the UK. I worked in Saudi a couple of years and it was a very interesting experience but I'll never return there...I do respect the fact that they do mostly stay true to their beliefs.
What beliefs are those?
You mean the ones where they jail and kill the common person for various offenses while the Saudi Royals turn around and engage in the same offenses when visiting other countries?

Old 11-17-2018, 06:57 AM

30,384 posts, read 19,184,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
What beliefs are those?
You mean the ones where they jail and kill the common person for various offenses while the Saudi Royals turn around and engage in the same offenses when visiting other countries?
I was referring to the average Saudi practicing their religion.

Old 11-17-2018, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
I was referring to the average Saudi practicing their religion.
Because if they step out of line or fail to heed the call to prayer the religious police will be all over them.
You will never see them go against the narrative publicly because the consequences are harsh there.
100 lashes which many times is a death sentence, torture and beheadings is common in that country.

MBS is said to be a reformist, but he is just another business as usual Saudi Royal where it is support me or off with your head. Same as the previous rulers.

Before he became crown prince he brutally ruled over a province with an iron fist dissapearing people against him.

He supports terrorist Al Queda and Isis by delivering them weapons so he not against fanatics.

You can be a terrorist and support MBS and you are safe.
If you go against him, it does not matter your beliefs, it is off with your head.

Old 11-17-2018, 07:31 AM

3,221 posts, read 1,739,575 times
Quote:
True "America First" Pres we got here. Maybe its $$$$ first.

Trump Mulls Letting Turkey Kill U.S. Resident to Help Saudis

If Obama had done this they'd be talking about it in 2030 on Fox. Shameful.
Unbelievable. This man simply has no moral compass.

Old 11-17-2018, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhallian View Post
Unbelievable. This man simply has no moral compass.
There are some deepstate operatives that say, sure Saudi Arabia is evil, but they are useful for combating greater evils lol.

Give me another country more evil?

We should in that case be using Iran to take out Saudi Arabia since Saudi Arabia is the greater evil.

Old 11-17-2018, 07:53 AM

30,384 posts, read 19,184,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
Because if they step out of line or fail to heed the call to prayer the religious police will be all over them.
You will never see them go against the narrative publicly because the consequences are harsh there.
100 lashes which many times is a death sentence, torture and beheadings is common in that country.

MBS is said to be a reformist, but he is just another business as usual Saudi Royal where it is support me or off with your head. Same as the previous rulers.

Before he became crown prince he brutally ruled over a province with an iron fist dissapearing people against him.

He supports terrorist Al Queda and Isis by delivering them weapons so he not against fanatics.

You can be a terrorist and support MBS and you are safe.
If you go against him, it does not matter your beliefs, it is off with your head.
Yeah I never figured out how much they actually believed versus faked believed....I'm sure a fair number have their doubts.

Old 11-17-2018, 08:31 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,031,367 times
Quote:
True "America First" Pres we got here. Maybe its $$$$ first.

Trump Mulls Letting Turkey Kill U.S. Resident to Help Saudis

If Obama had done this they'd be talking about it in 2030 on Fox. Shameful.
Where do you get "letting" from?

Our concern should be US citizens in foreign countries. If we butted in every time a foreign government killed a non-US citizen, that's all we'd spend our time doing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies