Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2018, 05:22 PM

7,103 posts, read 6,002,296 times

Advertisements

What Kanye wanted to talk about, even though it was a bit discombobulated, he made several points that everyone should take notice of. I would even say that most of these issues are issues the Democrats could support, if they can stop screaming "uncle tom" for a few moments and get over being butt hurt.

1) Prison Reform - Kanye feels that prisons are cheap labor and that if we can bring those jobs back to factories, this will keep inner city poor black from returning to prison. He wants to break the cycle with more factory jobs/training.

2) Use less fossil fuels. Isn't that a huge sticking point for the left? He even said the pres should ride in a Hydrogen powered Air Force One.

3) America needs to be the best at everything. Nothing wrong with wanting to be successful. If you do something do it to the fullest and the best that you can do.

4) He feels that the US needs to support everyone and that we are caught up in racism. He would like help for everyone, not just blacks/whites. It's not about race.

5) Kanye wants to end stop and frisk to improve relations with police.

So my question is this.. Why do democrats suddenly hate Kanye? They were his best friend when he criticized the handling of the Hurricane Katrina aftermath.

Is their hatred purely political?

Old 10-11-2018, 05:25 PM

5,752 posts, read 2,790,081 times
If those are truly his positions, why does the right love him?

Old 10-11-2018, 05:26 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,575,673 times
I've never spent much time thinking about Kanye .

I neither love nor hate him.

I think our president has access to the finest minds in the world. And he chooses Kanye. I don't find that necessarily smart.

BUT - there was a good photo op and Trump can pretend he likes black people.

Old 10-11-2018, 05:27 PM

10,038 posts, read 9,526,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novadhd5150 View Post
If this was a white panel they would all be fired.

https://www.thewrap.com/don-lemon-la...n-negro-video/
Those bunch of fools call Kanye a dumb negro? Isn’t that the pot calling the kettle black?

Old 10-11-2018, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
Because, I feel that there's a desire on the right to fix this broken country. As Americans, they are trying to help all people. Not all topics can or will be addressed, but I don't see the country as left and right. I see it as hand-in-hand. It takes a village after-all.

Old 10-11-2018, 05:29 PM

17,738 posts, read 6,983,323 times
There were three dumb negroes on the Don Lemon show. Kanye wasn't one of them.

17,843 posts, read 13,758,305 times
Quote:
Not a single word about blacks getting off the democrat plantation.

3,458 posts, read 1,459,508 times
Quote:
Well, for starters, part of today's right is the left that left. Trump included.

Old 10-11-2018, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post
Well, for starters, part of today's right is the left that left. Trump included.
Thank goodness for that. We need a more centered America.

Old 10-11-2018, 05:35 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,778,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
What Kanye wanted to talk about, even though it was a bit discombobulated, he made several points that everyone should take notice of. I would even say that most of these issues are issues the Democrats could support, if they can stop screaming "uncle tom" for a few moments and get over being butt hurt.

1) Prison Reform - Kanye feels that prisons are cheap labor and that if we can bring those jobs back to factories, this will keep inner city poor black from returning to prison. He wants to break the cycle with more factory jobs/training.

2) Use less fossil fuels. Isn't that a huge sticking point for the left? He even said the pres should ride in a Hydrogen powered Air Force One.

3) America needs to be the best at everything. Nothing wrong with wanting to be successful. If you do something do it to the fullest and the best that you can do.

4) He feels that the US needs to support everyone and that we are caught up in racism. He would like help for everyone, not just blacks/whites. It's not about race.

5) Kanye wants to end stop and frisk to improve relations with police.

So my question is this.. Why do democrats suddenly hate Kanye? They were his best friend when he criticized the handling of the Hurricane Katrina aftermath.

Is their hatred purely political?
It isn't that odd that Democrats would criticize a Trump supporter. More insidious is major media presenting his remarks as "bizarre", taking them out of context and making no attempt at a fair summary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.