Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2018, 02:23 PM

2,198 posts, read 1,395,719 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casor-Greener View Post
Racist people will defend this woman. People who are extremely "anti-racist" or seeking an agenda will attack her.

Luckily the guy had a camera. She got fired. He dude got in. Move along.

Exactly. The same clique of usual suspects. Most of them are on the way out though so no worries. They win a couple battles but are losing the war big time. Acting more prejudiced will only accelerate their demise. The writing is on the wall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2018, 02:24 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,973,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
But...the obvious answer would be for the woman to close the door and the man to rekey.

Either should have suggested that at the very first, but neither did.

Why did the woman never say, "Let me close the door and you can key in yourself?"

Why did the man never say, "Just close the door and I'll key in myself?"

That's what makes me think something else had happened before the video began rather than the man simply attempting to tailgate.
Whatever happened at the door, I would have happily written off as a woman being extremely cautious. And in St Louis, I would excuse it. It's that she rode with him up the elevator, followed him to his apartment, watched as he let himself into the apartment with his key, and then she still called the police. Whatever was running through her head, to call the police goes beyond reason.

Old 10-16-2018, 02:26 PM

28,715 posts, read 18,929,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
Because she was nothing but a tenant and it was no need for him to do all that
Well, I would have done that as a tenant.

Unless I positively recognized the person behind me as another tenant, I'd have said, "Please let me close the door, and key in yourself."

In fact, I'd expect everyone to know that rule, and I'd come to alert if someone I didn't recognize rush up behind me to tailgate.

Old 10-16-2018, 02:27 PM

12,951 posts, read 13,739,717 times
I wonder if she will move now that she knows black people live there too?

Old 10-16-2018, 02:28 PM

28,715 posts, read 18,929,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
It's that she rode with him up the elevator, followed him to his apartment, watched as he let himself into the apartment with his key, and then she still called the police. Whatever was running through her head, to call the police goes beyond reason.
That would have been resolved right off the bat with, "Let me close the door and you can key in."

And I'd consider the man obnoxious if he had not agreed with that simple request.

Old 10-16-2018, 02:29 PM

5,051 posts, read 3,599,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Whatever happened at the door, I would have happily written off as a woman being extremely cautious. And in St Louis, I would excuse it. It's that she rode with him up the elevator, followed him to his apartment, watched as he let himself into the apartment with his key, and then she still called the police. Whatever was running through her head, to call the police goes beyond reason.

This women was did not think this through on several levels.

A small blonde with a toy dog confronting a man much stronger than her - and then continuing the confrontation after being told to stop - and then following him into a enclosed space to keep pressing what small leverage his politeness granted her. S

Old 10-16-2018, 02:40 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,973,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
That would have been resolved right off the bat with, "Let me close the door and you can key in."

And I'd consider the man obnoxious if he had not agreed with that simple request.
The problem being that the man had already keyed in.

I don't think she was coming in. I think she was leaving. To take her dog out to do its business. As she opened the door to exit, this guy was coming in. She had been handling her dog, so she hadn't seen him key in. He went to enter, she blocked his way. He told her he had used his entry card or fob or whatever, she decided not to believe him. And even after showing his card/fob/keys, she refused to believe him. Even after he named the building's managers, she refused to believe him. Finally, he pushed through.

And even at this point I would have excused her as just being extremely cautious. But she proceeds to get in the elevator with him, she proceeds to follow him to his apartment, she proceeds to watch him let himself into his apartment with his key, and she proceeds to call the police. She went way beyond reasonable.

Old 10-16-2018, 02:42 PM

19,811 posts, read 12,360,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
I wonder if she will move now that she knows black people live there too?
There is absolutely nothing in this that points to race as a factor - at all.

Makes one wonder about people who do see that.

Old 10-16-2018, 02:45 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,897,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Or he could have been a gentleman and showed his key fob and introduced himself. He was a stereotypical idiot who thinks the world is out to get him.
Why did she call 911 after she saw his key and him using it to open the door to his apartment?

Old 10-16-2018, 02:47 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,897,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I hope she sues her gutless employer. I would have promoted her and given her more responsibilities.
She has no case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies