Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2018, 12:15 PM

13,240 posts, read 4,927,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
I’m sure Mr. Gianforte will reflect on this as he is sworn in for his second term next January.
'Might Is Right'? 'Anything & everything is permitted' as long as he wins? Thought this belief system went out of style when Anton LaVey's The Satanic Bible did?

Old 10-20-2018, 12:22 PM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 4 days ago)

27,185 posts, read 13,469,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
So you're saying countries can refuse entry to anyone for reasons they wish to.

Cool thanks.
Anyone with a conviction for violent or sexual offences can be banned, as can any one who has committed fraud and indeed any one who may constitute a threat to public safety or national security or anyone who makes threats or engages in activity likely to cause fear or provocation or violence or alarm or distress can be banned.

The Home Office will look at each case on an individual basis but do not think you can go around attacking journalists and just expect to automatically be given a visa and entry in to other countries.

The US Visa Laws in terms of entry are also just as strict if not more so.

Old 10-20-2018, 12:30 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,437,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka1 View Post
He did, and Gianforte was convicted.
Exactly. Trump supports criminals. Violent preferred.
He is NOT a believer in
innocent until proven guilty before making judgement or opinion comments on the side of morality in America.
He does not support American morals.

Conviction doesn't matter. Corruption matters. The more corrupt or corruptible the better. It s the preferred trump employee, inner circle, business deal associate.

Trump is a fringe radical leader that fell backwards into power using an unfair advantage.
That is what all the kerfluffle is about....that he calls a fightening mob. He doesn't understand the majority of the country protesting HIM.
Honestly he doesn't act upon the difference between right and wrong beyond consequences he knows will apply to his actions. He s astute in that way. But not much further.

that's why he just flat out lies. Its quite a miracle to watch.

Old 10-20-2018, 12:39 PM
Status: "Moldy Tater Gangrene, even before Moscow Marge." (set 3 days ago)

5,790 posts, read 3,601,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
At least the cons/Repubs are being consistent in this thread. They are authoritarian, violent, anti-freedom sociopaths. In that sense I can see them defending Gianforte as well as Trump's decision to support him.

The lbs/Dems are being inconsistent in this thread. They are authoritarian, violent, anti-freedom sociopaths. In that sense why aren't they defending Gianforte as well as Trump's decision to support him?

Statism: a game with no principles

I'm declaring Team Red the winner of this round. I like my homicidal maniacs to be principled.

Speaking for myself (one of the "lbs/Dems"), at least...I see no contradiction at all on my part.

It's because unlimited freedom necessarily leads to what I call "the eternal riot" (or if you prefer classic terms, a pure Hobbesian existence "nasty, brutish, and short"). With apologies to Dostoyevsky, without government, everything is permissible - "every" means every. Out of good taste, I'll leave to your imagination about what follows from that claim. That is the only non-hypocritical, consistent way to believe IF you think freedom is the most important thing there is. If you don't believe we ought to allow people to commit any acts best left to the imagination, then you admit at least some things are more important than freedom.

Don't get me wrong. Freedom is important, but only to the extent that the person does not use their freedom to (yes, my favorite phrase again ) hurt, harm, or demean the dignity of others outside the scope of defense of self or others, or outside reasonable and proportionate levels of retaliation or punishment (meaning "do not dispense to the offender more pain than they inflict and/or do not do more than what it takes to make the offender think twice about repeating the act or expression in the future").

In short, freedom must take a back seat to defending human dignity
. In fact, Germany's Basic Law (its constitution) seems to suggest this its very first articles.

https://www.gesetze-im-internet.de/englisch_gg/

Addendum: BTW, The Vandals "Anarchy Burger" (1981) gets what unlimited freedom is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWxyNExKhHQ

Old 10-20-2018, 12:50 PM

5,463 posts, read 8,184,520 times
A congressman should never body slam reporters. He should put them in an arm-trap half nelson sleeper hold, and when they lose consciousness, have security carry them away.

Old 10-20-2018, 12:56 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,265,578 times
The facts here are simple. Trump praised and promoted violence toward journalists. Period. He and the Saudis are peas in a pod.

The president praises violence against others then has the total and complete gall to accuse the Dems of being violent and angry--as if cannot see the angry scowls or hear angry shouts from his rally audiences.

Trump is dangerous, not just due to his mental state, ignorance and incompetence, but due to his love of violence and authoritarianism.

Old 10-20-2018, 01:05 PM
Status: "Moldy Tater Gangrene, even before Moscow Marge." (set 3 days ago)

5,790 posts, read 3,601,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
The facts here are simple. Trump praised and promoted violence toward journalists. Period. He and the Saudis are peas in a pod.

The president praises violence against others then has the total and complete gall to accuse the Dems of being violent and angry--as if cannot see the angry scowls or hear angry shouts from his rally audiences.

Trump is dangerous, not just due to his mental state, ignorance and incompetence, but due to his love of violence and authoritarianism.

It's as if Trump and his fanboys and fangirls think that at least personal forcefulness is the main yardstick to measure a person's (especially a male's) worthiness to escape humiliating disrespect. Better yet, he should have both personal forcefulness and have the mental wherewithal to commit physical battery with his fists or a blunt object to be worthy of elevation to a high place in the informal everyday social pecking order - and actually deserves formal authority over others besides. Everything about the fanboy/fangirl attitude, tone, spirit, and words betrays that belief.

Old 10-20-2018, 01:06 PM

46,307 posts, read 27,117,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
Exactly. Trump supports criminals. Violent preferred.
He is NOT a believer in
innocent until proven guilty before making judgement or opinion comments on the side of morality in America.
He does not support American morals.

Conviction doesn't matter. Corruption matters. The more corrupt or corruptible the better. It s the preferred trump employee, inner circle, business deal associate.

Trump is a fringe radical leader that fell backwards into power using an unfair advantage.
That is what all the kerfluffle is about....that he calls a fightening mob. He doesn't understand the majority of the country protesting HIM.
Honestly he doesn't act upon the difference between right and wrong beyond consequences he knows will apply to his actions. He s astute in that way. But not much further.

that's why he just flat out lies. Its quite a miracle to watch.

And dems have donna hylton as their speakers....

Quote:
Women’s March Speaker Donna Hylton Served Time for Murdering a Man

Old 10-20-2018, 01:19 PM

25,447 posts, read 9,813,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
And dems have donna hylton as their speakers....
I don't condone what she did (I haven't read the article though), but she's not the president. Did she actually get up and speak about condoning murdering a man? Just curious. Since Trump is absolutely condoning assault. And if murder was part of her speech, then shame on her. Somehow I think not.

Old 10-20-2018, 01:25 PM

46,307 posts, read 27,117,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I don't condone what she did (I haven't read the article though), but she's not the president. Did she actually get up and speak about condoning murdering a man? Just curious. Since Trump is absolutely condoning assault. And if murder was part of her speech, then shame on her. Somehow I think not.

Quote:
In 1986 I was sentenced to 25 years-to-life for kidnapping and second-degree murder. I served the time at Bedford Hills Correctional Facility, the only maximum-security prison for women in New York State, and was released in 2012.

Her opening words...

https://www.snopes.com/news/2017/01/...on-background/

You do understand that99% of the time, trump is just stating to fight back after the left starts it, yes?

Just like the tomato incident, if you see someone ABOUT to throw a tomato, hit them.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies