Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2018, 01:27 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
We know that Trump hates reporters and the press, what's not to like about this candidate. The congressman was being harassed by a reporter asking questions.
Which is ironic because Trump loves the attention. Trump is an attention *****.

Old 10-20-2018, 01:33 PM

25,447 posts, read 9,813,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Her opening words...

https://www.snopes.com/news/2017/01/...on-background/

You do understand that99% of the time, trump is just stating to fight back after the left starts it, yes?

Just like the tomato incident, if you see someone ABOUT to throw a tomato, hit them.....
And she condoned murdering people? That is my question. And you are completely wrong about Trump. He's the bully here. He condones violence against those who disagree with him, namely the media. The man is sick.

Old 10-20-2018, 01:37 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,265,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Her opening words...
https://www.snopes.com/news/2017/01/...on-background/

You do understand that99% of the time, trump is just stating to fight back after the left starts it, yes?

Just like the tomato incident, if you see someone ABOUT to throw a tomato, hit them.....
No. That is simply not true--a Trump lie, in fact. Even the excuse that Trump, just like a 5 year-old, hits back and is never the aggressor, is not true.

Trump loves fighting--he always has. He has fought with the government of every city he has lived because they won't give him special favors. He fought with his wives if they didn't obey. He fought with people who worked for him and he refused to pay.

He has fought publicly with hundreds of people. He has sued thousands. Trump's lifeblood is fighting with people. He enjoys it. He doesn't 'punch back' which is the line of crap he and his family put out. He is bored if people get along. He likes dividing people and he loves offending and fighting with them. Loves it. He is a paranoid person who thinks everyone is out to get him, is always on the attack. He gets to use all his rude crude language and yell--his favorite thing. He has anger management issues.

Old 10-20-2018, 02:55 PM
Status: "Moldy Tater Gangrene, even before Moscow Marge." (set 3 days ago)

5,790 posts, read 3,601,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
I don’t know. I look at the guy’s smirk and I think, He looks like a poster child for the MSM’s contempt for flover America. So yeah — he deserved to be knocked on his ashcan. A real man would have fought back instead of whining about his broken glasses.

Real man? Thank you, Yel, for showing once again why I'd be embarrassed for myself if anyone ever non-mockingly and in all seriousness, considered me a "real man" (not just on matters of assault); nor would I go anywhere near that term to describe any male I like, admire, and respect - even if he were practically a card carrying member of the Alpha Male Club. And even that assumes there is an objective definition of "manliness" at all, let alone what a "real" one is.

A sensible man in that reporter's position would know not only the illegality of such an act, but that there were many things he could have said to a reporter getting on his nerves too much - not to mention how much stigma lands on interviewees assaulting a reporter. If the then-candidate didn't like it, he could have simply said "No Comment", "This interview is over", or (at worst) followed up some kind of verbal righteous indignation at the reporter. If worse comes to worse, he can always call on his security people.

Besides, how does a smirky look itself and/or contempt for flyover country merit initiating physical attacks? If the snowflake right (who hypocritically complains about leftist snowflakiness) were consistent, they would simply take the same advice they dispense to the left - simply handwave it away as just a bunch of squawking noise (or something to that effect).

Old 10-20-2018, 03:02 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,337,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
'Might Is Right'? 'Anything & everything is permitted' as long as he wins? Thought this belief system went out of style when Anton LaVey's The Satanic Bible did?
Just stating a fact, not staging a morality play. Your beef is with Montana’s voters, not me.

Old 10-20-2018, 03:04 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Which is ironic because Trump loves the attention. Trump is an attention *****.

Which politician out there doesn't love attention? Hillary? Do you fault her for it? Of course not.

You have no point.

Old 10-20-2018, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
And she condoned murdering people? That is my question. And you are completely wrong about Trump. He's the bully here. He condones violence against those who disagree with him, namely the media. The man is sick.

Opinion given as fact. You don't know what Trump "condones".

Old 10-20-2018, 03:07 PM

Trump does love to troll the NPC's.

Puts something out there that he knows will set them, and them alone, off like a firecracker.

And the NPCs take the bait hook line & sinker. Outraged MSM told them to be outraged.

Now they are still railing about it in this topic 2 days later. Has to be one of the funniest things ever.

The NPC meme is very very real. This topic keeps proving it over & over.

Old 10-20-2018, 03:16 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,337,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil75230 View Post
Real man? Thank you, Yel, for showing once again why I'd be embarrassed for myself if anyone ever non-mockingly and in all seriousness, considered me a "real man" (not just on matters of assault); nor would I go anywhere near that term to describe any male I like, admire, and respect - even if he were practically a card carrying member of the Alpha Male Club. And even that assumes there is an objective definition of "manliness" at all, let alone what a "real" one is.

A sensible man in that reporter's position would know not only the illegality of such an act, but that there were many things he could have said to a reporter getting on his nerves too much - not to mention how much stigma lands on interviewees assaulting a reporter. If the then-candidate didn't like it, he could have simply said "No Comment", "This interview is over", or (at worst) followed up some kind of verbal righteous indignation at the reporter. If worse comes to worse, he can always call on his security people.

Besides, how does a smirky look itself and/or contempt for flyover country merit initiating physical attacks? If the snowflake right (who hypocritically complains about leftist snowflakiness) were consistent, they would simply take the same advice they dispense to the left - simply handwave it away as just a bunch of squawking noise (or something to that effect).
Apparently, a majority of the electorate in Montana either feel that Gianforte’s response to the reporter’s provocation — which went way beyond his juvenile smirk — was appropriate, or not worthy of a contemptuous dismissal like yours. Their life, cultural, and history is not like that of the coastal elite, and applying the standards of the feminized chattering class to Big Sky folks is an exercise in incongruity.

Old 10-20-2018, 04:02 PM

1,316 posts, read 748,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Opinion given as fact. You don't know what Trump "condones".

Yes, we do. He said, 'Any guy that can do a body slam — he's my guy.' He said that about Gianforte's assualt. So, he's condoning it. He's said worse. He's encouraged this idea that punching someone in the face or roughing someone up is the appropriate way to deal with people who disagree with him. He's condoning it by praising Gianforte in this respect. It's really low class. Seriously.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies