Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2018, 10:02 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,330,379 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
He was found guilty....he did it.

It wasn't a plea bargain...he didn't settle.

He was guilty. It happened.

And the President of the USA celebrated the attack.

All you folks citing liberals as being violent...have to add your President to this group.

Don't forget he encouraged his followers to go after protesters.
Trump supporters are as hypocritical as trump himself on a range of issues. This is just another example

Old 10-20-2018, 10:03 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,330,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
LAWL.

Trump puts the bait out there. NPCs bite it hook like & sinker. Go on for days with their programmed "outrage". They hate Trump. They hate the Deplorables. Why? Their programming from the MSM.

It's the funniest thing to see. Trump plays them like a fiddle.
Another trump voter parroting the alt right NPC meme. Color me surprised.

How often do you get back to Russia?

Old 10-20-2018, 10:34 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,927,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leebeemi View Post
A joke...a JOKE? Really. This is all one big joke to Trump, to you? If that isn't the very definition of infantile, what is it? This is about the Constitutional ideals of this country, not some stupid frat boy prank. Is he not able to take the job seriously?

And, yes, I'm a lib; and I have concerns about our government. When our president vilifies the press to the point of praising violence toward them, it bothers me. That is not how someone who has the honor of representing our country should behave. I expect better because we are better than that. That's what all of you don't understand. I love my country and it hurts to see this behavior.

So, a joke, huh? Is it worth the joke to further split us apart, to make us the laughingstock of the world? You all take glee in the possibility that something bothers those you don't agree with politically, and that's just pathetic. Pathetic, sad, childish. It's like Trump stuck everyone in puberty.
Wholeheartedly agree with the spirit of your response.

This is the thing: Mr. Trump has been 'joking' around since day 1 of his self-serving campaign.

Quote:
Orlando, Florida (CNN)President-elect Donald Trump said Friday his supporters were "violent" during the 2016 campaign.

Trump made the admission Friday night during a rally here on the Florida leg of his "Thank You" tour. During the campaign, he repeatedly downplayed violent outbursts his supporters displayed at times toward protesters and insisted that paid activists were instead responsible for inciting violence at his rallies.

"You people were vicious, violent, screaming, 'Where's the wall? We want the wall!' Screaming, 'Prison! Prison! Lock her up!' I mean you are going crazy. I mean, you were nasty and mean and vicious and you wanted to win, right?" Trump said Friday. "But now, you're mellow and you're cool and you're not nearly as vicious or violent, right? Because we won, right?"
Trump says his supporters were 'violent'

https://www.cnn.com/2016/12/16/polit...cious-violent/

Apparently 'anything & everything is permitted' because he (they) won?

Quote:
...Whatever happened to the deplorables, right? They’re not so deplorable,” he said Friday. “They’re not so deplorable anymore.”
Donald Trump Says His Supporters Were 'Vicious, Violent' | Time

No longer 'deplorable' because they won?

Seriously ridiculousness.

Old 10-20-2018, 10:46 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 3 days ago)

27,182 posts, read 13,469,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
More FAKE NEWS!
There was no video of the altercation. There were a number of people in the room at the time, including a Fox news crew. Those two actors are alone in that room! FAKE!!
The fact that the Guardian and the British Government defends the actions of the reporter who instigated the incident after trespassing on Gianforte's press conference, claiming "Freedom of the Press", IMO shows the true character of the newspaper and the government official(s).
Perhaps their LACK of character would be more accurate.
Pot, meet Kettle...
Fox News reporter Alicia Acuna, stated that "Gianforte grabbed Jacobs by the neck with both hands and slammed him into the ground," then "began punching the man" and "yelling something to the effect of 'I'm sick and tired of this!'"; Acuna added that Jacobs was not showing who witnessed the incident,
"physical aggression" before the altercation.

Jacobs went to the hospital for x-rays and Gianforte was cited for misdemeanor assault by the Gallatin County Sheriff and was ordered to appear in court regarding his actions.

On the June 12, 2017, Gianforte pleaded guilty and was originally sentenced to four days in jail, to be completed in part through a work program, however he later recived 40 hours of community service, 20 hours of anger management, 180-day deferred sentence, and a $300 fine along with an $85 court fee.

Gianforte was later forced to apologise through pressure from the media and the Republican Party themselves incluiding Speaker Paul Ryan and made a donation to charity.

This was all factual and documented, and was all done and susted until Trump started praising Gianforte for the incident he was convicted of and apologised for.

In terms of the British Government, and most other Governments they do not condone attacks on members of the press and there was no reason for Mr Gianforte to assault a journalist.

So much for fake news, the truth is America is far from making America Great Again, Trump and his ilk are making the country embarassment in the eyes of the world, and this is very sad as someone who lives in a country which is close alllies with the US.

Old 10-20-2018, 10:51 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,334,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
Fox News reporter Alicia Acuna, stated that "Gianforte grabbed Jacobs by the neck with both hands and slammed him into the ground," then "began punching the man" and "yelling something to the effect of 'I'm sick and tired of this!'"; Acuna added that Jacobs was not showing who witnessed the incident,
"physical aggression" before the altercation.

Jacobs went to the hospital for x-rays and Gianforte was cited for misdemeanor assault by the Gallatin County Sheriff and was ordered to appear in court regarding his actions.

On the June 12, 2017, Gianforte pleaded guilty and was originally sentenced to four days in jail, to be completed in part through a work program, however he later recived 40 hours of community service, 20 hours of anger management, 180-day deferred sentence, and a $300 fine along with an $85 court fee.

Gianforte was later forced to apologise through pressure from the media and the Republican Party themselves incluiding Speaker Paul Ryan and made a donation to charity.

This was all factual and documented, and was all done and susted until Trump started praising Gianforte for the incident he was convicted of and apologised for.

In terms of the British Government, and most other Governments they do not condone attacks on members of the press and there was no reason for Mr Gianforte to assault a journalist.

So much for fake news, the truth is America is far from making America Great Again, Trump and his ilk are making the country embarassment in the eyes of the world, and this is very sad as someone who lives in a country which is close alllies with the US.
I’m sure Mr. Gianforte will reflect on this as he is sworn in for his second term next January.

Old 10-20-2018, 10:57 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 3 days ago)

27,182 posts, read 13,469,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
I’m sure Mr. Gianforte will reflect on this as he is sworn in for his second term next January.
He may reflect on it next time he applies for a visa, because continual violent assault of journalists will mean he may be refused entry in to many countries.

Old 10-20-2018, 11:00 AM

16,569 posts, read 15,278,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Another trump voter parroting the alt right NPC meme. Color me surprised.

How often do you get back to Russia?
Yo didn't get the memo I see. Today's talking point is Khashoggi. This should last you a week. Stay tuned for the next broadcast.

Old 10-20-2018, 11:01 AM

8,498 posts, read 4,563,867 times
It is astonishing how people on the right refuse to accept reality even when the facts back it up. They are truly incapable of reasonable thought.

Old 10-20-2018, 11:29 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,744,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
It is astonishing how people on the right refuse to accept reality even when the facts back it up. They are truly incapable of reasonable thought.
It is astonishing how people on the left refuse to accept reality even when the facts back it up. They are truly incapable of reasonable thought.

See how easy it is to mimic your juvenile post?

Old 10-20-2018, 11:34 AM

4,559 posts, read 1,437,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
He may reflect on it next time he applies for a visa, because continual violent assault of journalists will mean he may be refused entry in to many countries.
Wow thats awesome! Thats a real law? Very cool.
Can I come live there. ? You sound very sympathetic and wise to whats going on in America. I hope if things turn around we will be forgiven in the eyes of our former friends.
Send help in the meantime.😀
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies