Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2018, 05:06 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebeemi View Post
And when the right makes calls for civility, it's laughable.

That wasn't a joke, you know. He may have meant it in a "lighthearted" way, I guess, but it wasn't a joke. This idea that you can say something truly awful and then defend it by saying it's a joke is the territory of bullies and idiots.

Yes it was. Trump told it. People laughed.

Absolutely no violence has ensued as the result of that rally. (no enraged leftists)

case closed.

Old 10-20-2018, 05:28 PM

1,316 posts, read 748,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Yes it was. Trump told it. People laughed.

Absolutely no violence has ensued as the result of that rally. (no enraged leftists)

case closed.

He didn't tell a joke. He made what he thought was a pithy statement.

Let me ask this. Do you think it's true, that he likes a guy who can body slam someone? Or did he say something he didn't actually mean?

See, I think he means it, and he's hiding behind that old, "It's just a joke! I didn't mean it!" trope. Because if he didn't mean it, why say it at all? He has said things like this so many times, and it always that the left has no sense of humor, he's just yanking our chains, blah, blah, blah.

But he used an incident where a politician assaulted a reporter to rile up a crowd. So, either he meant it, or he's using the lowest hanging fruit to appeal to the lowest common denominator.

Old 10-20-2018, 05:46 PM
Status: "Moldy Tater Gangrene, even before Moscow Marge." (set 2 days ago)

5,790 posts, read 3,599,675 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil75230 View Post
"It's all a joke". Apparently you have a great deal of difficulty distinguishing between legitimate humor and demeaning behavior. Next time the coastal elites make a joke at your expense, even if its based on "non-branching family trees" and such stuff, I'll just howl in knee-slapping delight. "Those dumb hicks deserved it". Right?

No? Well, you yourself admit that not all humor is legitimate (then there's the matter of whether having no sense of humor is as horrible a trait as demeaning the dignity of others, which I don't even agree with that much).
Coastal elites? hahahahahahahahaahahahahaha

Dear, I live in the very blue city of Charlotte and drive a $120K Mercedes. But if it helps you to think I'm a "hee haw dumb hick" then that only speaks to the NPC meme. Stop casting hate on so many millions of Americans too.

Here's a tip. Drop the false outrage. Nobody believes that either, when you can completely ignore far far worse when it suits your needs.
How about YOU drop your twisted interpretation of what I just said. I was speaking of coastal elites (some of them) who do engage in derogatory caricatures. I never said I did, and I challenge you to find ONE instance in my entire posting history where I *did* slur white, rural, blue-collar Americans. If you sincerely think I'm personally slurring such people, then you get a big F for reading comprehension.

As for coastal elites, that's what conservatives call them, not me.

BTW, as for claiming what kind of vehicle you drive (along with just about anything else that would make people envy and/or admire you). Just...Don't! It's tasteless bragging at best, and make people think you're just b.s.'ing at worst. Even if you are being honest your car, there's no way for you to prove it.

Old 10-20-2018, 05:50 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leebeemi View Post
He didn't tell a joke.
I suspect the permanently outraged probably hold this opinion. Goes with the territory.

I respect your right hold it.

But absolutely no violence ensued from Trump telling that joke. Just some good hearted laughter from the many 1000s there who understand the difference between a joke and real violence such as those leftist mobs violently attacking everyone.

Old 10-20-2018, 06:32 PM
Status: "Moldy Tater Gangrene, even before Moscow Marge." (set 2 days ago)

5,790 posts, read 3,599,675 times
Quote:
I suspect the permanently outraged probably hold this opinion. Goes with the territory.

But absolutely no violence ensued from Trump telling that joke. Just some good hearted laughter from the many 1000s there who understand the difference between a joke and real violence such as those leftist mobs violently attacking everyone.
No, just that Trump's creating a climate that invites people to assault those he doesn't like, whether at his rallies, in Charlottesville, in Montana, or … after the midterms if he loses
. He's like a mafia godfather - he simply inspires to commit violence on his behalf.

Old 10-20-2018, 06:36 PM

57,294 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:

So that's the standard, a president makes a joke regarding an assault on a reporter by a congressman and no violence ensued. How about the president take it down a notch and act like he is a leader rather than behaving like its 3AM and he is in a bar full of drunken patrons.

Old 10-20-2018, 07:10 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,436,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Describe for us in detail how asking a question is 'assaulting' a congressman.
The same way women and children on the steps of the capitol are a threat to the rule of law.

Old 10-20-2018, 07:16 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
The same way women and children on the steps of the capitol are a threat to the rule of law.
Why are they a threat to the rule of law? That's the place you should be protesting if you're going to protest. Isn't there a law protecting protests?

Old 10-20-2018, 07:24 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,436,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Why are they a threat to the rule of law? That's the place you should be protesting if you're going to protest. Isn't there a law protecting protests?
Correct. Mitch McConnel stepped out from behind his seating of an alleged sexual predator to the supreme court and immediately went for the throats of the women and children on the capitol steps protesting Kavenaugh without a full investigation. He called them " mob rule" of the democrats. He must have said " mob rule" a hundred times that weekend.
And for sweetener, Trump asked for a new law to prohibit these women and children from assembling on the capitol steps or in front of the white house.

Old 10-20-2018, 08:27 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,323,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
Correct. Mitch McConnel stepped out from behind his seating of an alleged sexual predator to the supreme court and immediately went for the throats of the women and children on the capitol steps protesting Kavenaugh without a full investigation. He called them " mob rule" of the democrats. He must have said " mob rule" a hundred times that weekend.
And for sweetener, Trump asked for a new law to prohibit these women and children from assembling on the capitol steps or in front of the white house.
Authoritarians hate the media and freedom of speech
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies