Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2018, 08:22 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,882,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
There was a time when physical violence perpetuated by a candidate would be disqualifying.

But, in the age of Trump, assaulting a member of the press is reason to celebrate.

A deliberate set-up, LOL. All criminal Gianforte had to do was say - no comment.

It kind of puts a damper on Dump accusing Democrats advocating violence when HE goes out and advocates violence and his lemmings agree.
Was that during the time where sexual assaults were disqualifying issues? Hmmmmm What democrat candidate had to pay off women that he assaulted?

Or was it during the age of like when Ted Kennedy allowed a girl to drown while he walked away?
I can go on and on .

I dont know what the reporter said or did before that night or during. Reporters are not saints nor are they especially known for their integrity . In short just because they are a reporter doesn't make them immune to a beat down if they push someones buttons to hard.

Old 10-20-2018, 08:23 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,845,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
Journalists expressed disgust with Donald Trump’s remarks at a rally Thursday night in Montana, where he praised and joked about the unprovoked assault on a Guardian U.S. journalist by the state’s congressman, Greg Gianforte.
Related: 'He's my guy': Donald Trump praises Gianforte for assault on Guardian reporter
“Gianforte is a criminal. He pled guilty to [assault]. The president is congratulating a criminal on committing a crime,” said New York Times correspondent Binyamin Appelbaum.
Dismayed journalists condemn Trump for praising assault on Guardian reporter

You know he is loving what happened to Khashoggi. Trump is an EVIL,VILE SUBHUMAN, and all the press should boycott him and refuse to cover him. Then we would all be free of the NUT-JOB, because he would have a MELTDOWN!
I watched the rally and Trump was supportive of the congressman defending himself from the aggressive reporter. I never seem to see any links of proof of President Trump saying the things you say he does. Can't you post links to him actually saying these things you accuse him of or do you consider yourself a mind and heart discerner?

As for journalists being dismayed. Cry me a river. They were hysterical when he won the Presidency.

Old 10-20-2018, 08:23 AM

8,499 posts, read 4,563,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
At least he didn't wish to have them dismembered.

How do you really know that?

Old 10-20-2018, 08:26 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,537,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
But isn't it true that the reporter harassed and antagonized the guy until he snapped?

I don't find this to be an interesting story.

Perhaps the reporter will use better interpersonal skills in the future so as not to provoke subjects into physical assaults?
Whilst snowflake Trumplings scream about the left wing 'mob' - they are simultaneously praising actual, physical violence on a journalist because it's ok if THEIR congresscritter 'snapped'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Since most “journalists” must be masochists — having chosen such a universally despised profession — they probably long to be assaulted by a large heterosexual male.
Are you a reporter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
Yes, that IS true!
The reporter was trespassing (entered a room uninvited and unwanted: Trespass!).
The reporter shoved a recorder into the candidate's face, and demanded that his question be answered.
The candidate told the reporter to come back later, he was busy at the moment.
the reporter continued to demand that the candidate answer the question.
the candidate told the reporter to talk to a staffer about the issue.
the reporter continued to badger the candidate.
the candidate told the reporter "Get the hell out of here!"
the reporter apparently touched the candidate, at which time the candidate shoved the reporter away, and again shouted at him "Get the hell out of here!"
The reporter fell down, pulling the candidate with him, while screaming "You body slammed me, and broke my glasses!"
The candidate did not file trespassing or assault charges against the reporter (I think he should have), but instead plead guilty to assaulting the reporter and accepted the judgement of the court, to make the incident go away. He even apologized in public to the reporter for an incident that the reporter caused!
I believe that the candidate showed a great deal of strength of character, and the reporter showed an amazing lack of strength of character.
I also believe the candidate reacted in a wrong manner. He should have grabbed the reporter by the collar and the seat of the pants and thrown him out of the room, then slammed the door!
Trump supporters have weird fantasies about physical violence against people they don't like.

Hey! Sounds like an angry mob. The very apt definition of trump supporters.

68,330 posts, read 54,411,082 times
Quote:
You have TDS dear. Seek help.

In theory Trump wants to keep Muslims from the US. In practice he welcomes the wealthy ones, radical western hating Muslims though they may be, with open arms and shows a willingness to look the other way should they commit criminal acts just as long as they spend $$$ and HE profits from their business.

It's those who believe Trump has anyone's interests but his own at heart who should seek help immediately before they're permanently lost in FantasyLand!

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
LAWL.

Trump puts the bait out there. NPCs bite it hook like & sinker. Go on for days with their programmed "outrage". They hate Trump. They hate the Deplorables. Why? Their programming from the MSM.

It's the funniest thing to see. Trump plays them like a fiddle.

Old 10-20-2018, 08:30 AM

8,499 posts, read 4,563,867 times
The candidate that body slammed a reporter, Rep. Greg Gianforte, initially denied the circumstances. It was only when others such as Fox news disputed his version that he finally came clean and admitted the truth. He only later apologized when forced and actually plead guilty to assault charges.

It should therefore be no surprise that Gianforte is Trump's kind of guy. He first denied/lied, later only admitted when confronted with real evidence, and abused a member of the press. That is the classic Trump M.O.

Old 10-20-2018, 08:34 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,882,675 times
Quote:
Whilst snowflake Trumplings scream about the left wing 'mob' - they are simultaneously praising actual, physical violence on a journalist because it's ok if THEIR congresscritter 'snapped'.

Are you a reporter?

Trump supporters have weird fantasies about physical violence against people they don't like.

Hey! Sounds like an angry mob. The very apt definition of trump supporters.
How should one respond to a person trespassing? After the trespasser was told to leave? Just because you are an alleged reporter doesn't mean that you get to trespass.
I disagree with the using the body slam, but I really disagree with that reporter badgering the congressman.

I wonder would you be so supportive if a reporter actually told Shiela Jackson Lee how stupid she really is, and Lee flipped out and assaulted him for it?

Old 10-20-2018, 08:34 AM

9,884 posts, read 10,980,100 times
Quote:
Yes, and they filmed it.

Really? Why wasn't the film ever shown? I never saw it on any of the Montana news programs in the days following the incident. I'm sure local and national news would have paid big money for that film or tape, yet it never appeared. I wonder why? Perhaps because it didn't exist, ya think?
I watched Channel Two news, both CBS and local, every day during that time (as I nearly always do); and also read the Billings Gazette every morning (as I always do). I don't remember any mention of any recording other than that of the guardian reporter (audio only).
I have wondered ever since why the Fox News crew didn't film the altercation, or if they did, why they didn't release it.
One of the many reasons I still believe the incident was a deliberate set-up!

Old 10-20-2018, 08:35 AM

3,346 posts, read 1,269,360 times
Quote:
You have TDS dear. Seek help.
I remember seeing the exact type responses to Obama and accusations of ODS. Are we going to play this game every time a new President comes to power? It's getting old.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies