Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2018, 04:10 PM

11,404 posts, read 4,082,533 times

Advertisements

No surprise, but the right-wing media started doing damage control just minutes after the bombs were made public

https://twitter.com/KFILE/status/1055195774370439182

Old 10-24-2018, 04:12 PM

39,073 posts, read 51,205,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Why? Didn't his father just call for unity less than two hours ago?

https://twitter.com/oneunderscore__/...55157699194881
The apple does not fall far from the tree. Daddy Trump raised a monster in his own image. Grandpa Trump too.

Old 10-24-2018, 04:13 PM

6,143 posts, read 5,249,100 times
I vote for Mentally Ill Loner.

Old 10-24-2018, 04:14 PM

500 posts, read 318,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spottednikes View Post
If a right winger did this, the bombs would have detonated. They grew up with guns and blew things up for fun. They know how to make an explosive.

The fact that the person that "found" the one in soros' mailbox, took it inside, opened it, picked it up, carried it to the back of the property, and put it down, then called police to report the "bomb" tells you they knew it wouldnt explode.
So soros, is somehow involved.
None were processed through post office...no stamp markings. Real bombers dont mail them in manila envelopes.
The cnn photo proves they knew it wouldnt detonate...no one finds a bomb, puts it on the table next to the envelope it came in, and takes photos...next to a container of clorox wipes, to remove fingerprints..
Yep! My money is on your theory here.

Many, far too many, dems think that we are as dim as they are.

Old 10-24-2018, 04:15 PM

2,083 posts, read 1,086,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
I appreciate that you are trying for rationality here - and that's a good start given the tenor of some other postings. So I apologize for being picky, but if you parse your wording ...

If the left did it this it's a "publicity stunt" but if the right did then it's someONE "who's tired of being attacked everywhere and finally had enough"?

When folks accuse the "left" I'm always curious about who this "left" is of whom they speak. The DNC, with the upcoming elections? Some faction, perhaps the few Clinton supporters left? Political operatives?

In contrast, the ONE right winger who could be responsible is an aggrieved individual, driven to an unwise action by these same leftists?

I know (or sure assume) that you don't mean to imply that the "finally had enough" would in any way justify his or her behavior. And why is Maxine and what her "followers" may or may not have done relevant? About her violent transgressions I'm clueless, but as far as I know she's not in jail.

What's so hard to simply denounce this as wrong. Fair enough to talk of heightened political rhetoric, but that's a trend that's been in play for many years although admittedly heightening by the day. No one, though, can express concern about the divide with a straight face and not look to multiple players - from all sides of the political spectrum.

Yes this incident is wrong but so are all the many other attacks on many citizens whose crime is being conservative. These crimes have been largely ignored by the media. Maxine and her followers are relevant in that she specifically has called out people to attack others and told them to push back and draw a crowd. Sounds like you may not have seen her video saying this exact thing among others.

Maxine is the biggest mouth in the Democrat Party and being in CA I’m more than aware of her diatribes. I believe both sides have members who are now a powder keg so it remains to be seen what’s next.

18,719 posts, read 7,599,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
Seriously folks. Have we officially become the Hatfields and McCoys?
Again?
Democrats were screaming that the Republicans were poisoning the air and water, starving children, pushing granny off a cliff in her wheelchair, and dispossessing Seniors, thirty years ago.

No, we didn't just become the Hatfields and McCoys. Democrats have been that way for decades.

Now in the last few years, Republicans have finally started fighting fire with fire... and winning. Naturally, the Democrats are yelling in outrage that the Repubicans are now doing what the Dems have done for decades.

8,496 posts, read 3,336,502 times
For those that think this is a false flag, what if one had gotten through security and actually injured someone like Obama? Is he not the hero? There's is a track of reasoning here that I do not get.

Quote:
Bryan Paamann, an FBI special agent in charge of the counterterrorism division in New York, said the devices appeared to be pipe bombs. A law enforcement official told CNN that the initial examination of all of the devices shows them to be constructed similarly. At least one of the devices appeared to contain projectiles, including shards of glass. The devices are rudimentary but functional.
Those who are sensible will recognize that whoever did this has a screw missing and not be politically influenced. Those on the political extremes won't be convinced either direction - no way. There still will be a reason to hate.

Old 10-24-2018, 04:16 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,316,716 times
Add Maxine waters to the list.

Right wing terrorism is boundless

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/24/polit...age/index.html

Old 10-24-2018, 04:19 PM

11,404 posts, read 4,082,533 times
If these terrorist attacks do end up being tied to a right-wing extremist, expect the Dems to surge in polls with less than two weeks before midterms.

Old 10-24-2018, 04:19 PM

8,378 posts, read 4,361,409 times
Some far right psycho encouraged by Trumps hateful rhetoric.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies