Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2018, 05:53 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,890,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
What we've been hearing all day is that it wasn't sent through the mail, but delivered by courier.

I don't know who took a picture of it. Did CNN open it? I don't know that either.
ABC evening news showed X-rays of the pipe bombs and discussed their construction - didn't catch their source, though.

Old 10-24-2018, 05:54 PM

8,496 posts, read 3,336,502 times
I've just now turned on the television to see exactly who was on the list. The Obamas and Clinton, I'd grasped. And Soros. And Holder. But also Waters (so she came up in this thread not only as a loudmouth?). And Brennan. Then CNN.

Some are generic rightwing "enemies" (Obama, Clinton, Soros, Holder) but Brennan is more closely tied to a specific Trump-controversy and didn't Trump just recently throw off another Maxine-based tweet storm?

How ironic that at the very time Trump is warning of possible Islam-influenced terrorists among the Caravan that the immediate danger might be bona fide Americans influenced (at least in part) by Trump's very own mouth.

Old 10-24-2018, 06:00 PM

25,702 posts, read 18,777,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
You left out a few:

Entrepreneurs
Capitalists
Free-traders
Gun owners
Fans of due process
Fans of personal privacy

Well, you know, as Shaky said, all the world's a stage... On the other side of the coin, we could have had Hitlery. Unfortunately, we tend to have a choice between two bad flavors. That's what happens when (almost) everyone is cool with collective authoritarianism.

Old 10-24-2018, 06:00 PM

25,436 posts, read 9,795,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJoe View Post
Really? Have you seen and heard what is said at many of the leftist protests in the last several years? A lot of them don’t seem to be advocating a lot of love.

Example... at one of the early BLM marches, the chant was, ‘ What do we want, DEAD COPS! When do we want it? NOW!!

Yea, a whole lotta love coming from that bunch.
What does BLM have to do with Dems? It wasn't the Dems marching and saying that.

Old 10-24-2018, 06:02 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,379,222 times
Trump handling the mailed bombs well. The so called MSM will play this out as far as they can, meanwhile ignoring the caravan and the economy.

Old 10-24-2018, 06:02 PM

17,156 posts, read 12,953,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueMom View Post
Terrorist? There is none. This has "something fishy" written all over it.

I firmly believe this is a calculated fake ploy by the Democrats to take attention OFF of the massive migrant CARAVAN of Hondurans (enroute and flying THEIR Nation's flag by the way) and heading to our border to DEMAND entry.

If you notice there is very little front page photo coverage of the massive caravan of "migrants" on the liberal news online websites like MSNBC and CNN, even though this is a huge happening.

I think the caravan thing is unexpected and happening at the WRONG time for the liberal left. The issue is causing problems for them here prior to the mid-terms. They want to distract away from it, and drum up sympathy for themselves, and this is what they came up with.

Let the "conspiracy theory" accusations fly. That's my belief, and I'm sticking to it.
Of course. This is (yet another) Democrat conspiracy. There are so many of them these days. For the past two years, it seems like Democrats spend all their time framing the Republican party in different ways, making them look bad

Old 10-24-2018, 06:04 PM

8,036 posts, read 10,628,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Funny, the other of your conspiracy partners have been telling us that the caravan is a left-wing conspiracy designed to make Trump look bad by splitting up families right around mid-terms!
I know they are, and I believe they are absolutely dead wrong about that!

Donald Trump won in part because of the illegal immigration issue. Most Americans WANT our borders secured and our country's immigration laws enforced and most of all, RESPECTED. This caravan only reinforces the need for that security and the application of the rule of law. It is a boon for Trump, NOT for the Democrats.

If the Democrats thought it would HELP them in the upcoming mid-terms to organize this huge onslaught of "refugees", then they are guilty of gross misjudgement. If that were true, why isn't there more coverage and photos of the "poor and tattered" Hondurans (mostly healthy looking, and mostly young men) marching defiantly towards our border on MSNBC, CNN, and NBC? I'm not kidding, go check out their main opening news pages. Very little coverage, and a BLATANT avoidance of many, if any photos of the mass of people coming. What I do see is that they are trying to bury it on the "back pages" somewhere.

Now, suddenly, we have "bombs" going to major Democratic political players. I'm not buying it. It's an attempt at distraction. That's my conclusion. Everyone else is entitled to theirs.

Old 10-24-2018, 06:04 PM

17,616 posts, read 6,898,231 times
The same people who on a daily basis call Trump and his supporters Nazis, racists, bigots, and xenophobes are the same people asking for civility.

Go for it, libs. You first.

Old 10-24-2018, 06:05 PM

3,072 posts, read 1,300,195 times
I don’t think we will need to speculate for long. The belief is they’ll have down who did this within a few days

Old 10-24-2018, 06:08 PM

17,377 posts, read 14,618,966 times
This is interesting ...

http://i.4cdn.org/pol/1540402866352.jpg

Last edited by Oldhag1; 10-24-2018 at 06:27 PM.. Reason: Hotlinking
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies