Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Megyn Kelly keep her show?
Yes 162 66.67%
No 81 33.33%
Voters: 243. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2018, 04:59 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,816,616 times

Advertisements

Throwing her in the trash where she belongs. It's hilarious she wants to go back to the propaganda machine Faux and got denied.

Old 10-30-2018, 07:14 PM

3,568 posts, read 1,347,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Throwing her in the trash where she belongs. It's hilarious she wants to go back to the propaganda machine Faux and got denied.
Yeah, heard about that.

Latest is that first MK & her lawyer demanded $69 million, now they want $50 million. She'll be lucky to get $25M...still too much but NBC's own fault.

Old 10-31-2018, 04:08 AM

12,964 posts, read 13,684,417 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnzU1t04sxA

Old 10-31-2018, 04:15 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,214,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdAilment View Post
What is your opinion? Should her show be canned? Or are people taking this too far?
Couldn't care less about her show, but I think she was right.

Old 10-31-2018, 06:45 AM

12,964 posts, read 13,684,417 times
She should have been told that blackface persist today as a convention from the origin of the American theater. It has been deemed acceptable only in theater and comedy and is not appropriate in social gatherings. Yul Brynner's entire career was done in what could be called blackface in " The King and I." And then they have should have moved on.

Old 10-31-2018, 07:03 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,796,960 times
Apparently it's ok for Jimmies Kimmel and Fallon to wear blackface. And for Lester Holt to wear whiteface.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...blackface-its/

But it isn't ok for Megyn Kelley to say blackface was ok when she was a kid, or to look like Dinnah Ross.

Old 10-31-2018, 10:08 AM

3,698 posts, read 1,364,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Yeah....but where did I lie? You don't believe the races are inately equal in their capacity for intelligence and temperment and you keep obfuscating that fact by characterizing my argument as scapegoating
Can you explain to me why the only part of the human anatomy not subject to the results of evolution is the brain?

Old 10-31-2018, 10:50 AM

3,698 posts, read 1,364,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by applej3 View Post
No, it is not true. It's a LIE. See post #430.
Read and try to learn something.
Blackface has NEVER been okay, except to whites who ridicule blacks.
Youre interpreting the point completely wrong. There IS a difference between going in "black face" as the minstrel shows, and darkening ones skin to portray a black character- usually a person of the current era long after the demise of minstrel shows.
Look at Jimmy Kimmel as Karl Malone. Do you see someone in a minstrel show? If thats the first thing that comes to mind then you are looking for racism everywhere and youre part of the problem.
Blacks would also have a lot more credibility over the race issue if a good number or even majority of them were not engaged in the following:

Buying products for skin lightening.
Buying products for hair straightening.
Dyeing their hair blonde and other colors naturally inherent to whites.
Systematic discrimination toward dark skinned blacks by lighter skinned blacks.

Why so quick to blame others when the issue is often being uncomfortable in your own skin?

Old 10-31-2018, 11:18 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,054,327 times
I don't think firing of Megyn Kelly was necessary. She just made a comment that was not a taboo from her childhood. Thanks to entertainment, media, publishing, journalism, social media, tech and academia being over ran by feminist and Social Justice in the past decade. What was insensitive in the past, has become sensitive now. The reason why? In the past decades, feminist and social justice schools of thought invaded and captured the following industries. Media, tech, social media, publishing, entertainment, academia, journalism. In these such industries, those that be can control the whole entire narraitive of the country, even though those people in such spheres of influence are in the minority vs the majority of Americans. Black face is offensive, but a decade ago Jimmy Falon, Jimmy Kimmel and Robert Downey Jr all did black face. Problem with Blackface is that it is part of Hollywood, TV and part of American entertainment history, and it will be hard to erase. If Megyn Kelly did make a comment like now, but ten years ago. I can guarantee her show would have never got canned, due to no fear of an SJW mob.

Old 10-31-2018, 12:02 PM

13,305 posts, read 7,875,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Yeah....but where did I lie? You don't believe the races are inately equal in their capacity for intelligence and temperment and you keep obfuscating that fact by characterizing my argument as scapegoating
Yeah, hey! I was scapegoated by Government use of scapecoating Government employees's wrongdoings.

Forget whitewashing. In my case the Government used whiteout on court testimony records.

Black words were whited out.

Just something to drink about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies