Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Megyn Kelly keep her show?
Yes 162 66.67%
No 81 33.33%
Voters: 243. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2018, 06:52 PM

4,921 posts, read 7,710,166 times

Advertisements

I am not a fan of Kelly's, but her comment was not offensive. For those that find it offensive I ask how it is that several tv shows are allowed to be openly hostile towards white people. Blackish, the Neighborhood, are just two shows that slams white's and other races. Then we have Trump who loves to address Senator Warren as Pocahontas. Trump also said, "I love all people, rich or poor. But in those particular positions, I just don't want a poor person," Trump said. "Does that make sense? Does that make sense? If you insist, I'll do it. But I like it better this way, right?" Trump is saying he likes poor people he just doesn't want them around him. Who are the poor people? I think we would find all races in the poor group of Americans. Isn't it amazing that Americans tolerate a presidential bigot but will crush a tv host for a minor comment that was not intended to offensive in any way?
If Americans were truly politically correct the next time Trump refers to Sen. Warren as Pocahontas they would boo him off the stage or walk out.

Old 10-26-2018, 07:00 PM

3,698 posts, read 1,374,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Hey.....has anyone ever thought to consider that blacks were severely traumatized as a people by virtue of 300 years of racial oppression.....to the degree that even if the oppression is gone that they will still feel it? Instead of people thinking "Dam....racism must have really done a job on the minds of black people for black people to be so sensitive to seemingly innocent things", they think its some defective gene trait or something.

Say you have two people. One person is seen as a responsible, thoughtful hard working person of integrity, while the other person is seen as an irresponsible, careless and lacking honesty and integrity. Both are given a job to do and neither gets their job done. Which one are people going to likely believe if they say it could not be done? If people do not respect you, they are not going to respect the reasons you give. They are always going to see your flaws as the root of your failures and problems, regardless of how legitimately hard and challenging your situation was or is.

The bottom line is that black people are not respected in America. If we say something bothers us, America says "it shouldn't". If America respected black people, when we say something bothers us, America would say "that must have really been a problem for you".

People will say you have to earn respect. I will say when did whites ever feel we earned it? You did not respect how we lived in Africa, seeing it as a primitive land full of savages. You don't respect us now. You have NEVER respected black people, but rather, have ALWAYS seen blacks as inferior, lazy, less intelligent, less hard working, wanting something for nothing. Hence, when we say something bothers us, you totally dismiss it because you don't respect black people, yet, you don't consider that lack of respect and never having that respect, as racism.
Do I need to provide a link to one of the hundreds of videos showing black mobs in africa beating someone then pouring gasoline on them and burning them to death for petty theft?
Africa is STILL rife with savages.

Old 10-26-2018, 07:06 PM

4,023 posts, read 1,450,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Were white people hunted down and forced into slavery in the numbers black people were? Were white people hung for looking a a black woman, or daring to vote?

Study your history of why blackface is racist.
Your argument does not apply. I agree that historical blackface and the minstrel shows are not appropriate. But why is it so hard to understand that she was taking about people “honoring” someone of another color. Maybe a white kid wants to dress up like their favorite black football player. There is no racists intent there at all. She never used the term blackface. It was obsessed-with-race leftists who did.

Get over your racists obsessed self and realize that not everyone not black is a racist.

Old 10-26-2018, 07:18 PM

2,068 posts, read 1,005,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
neither is Megyn Kelly. Is Jimmy Kimmel racist?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aPbefau2Zc

Of course not. He was just making a joke by imitating a basketball player.

Jimmy Kimmel can't be racist! He hates Mr Trump. Besides, he's a progressive.

Old 10-26-2018, 07:20 PM

48,628 posts, read 35,093,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
I am not a fan of Kelly's, but her comment was not offensive. For those that find it offensive I ask how it is that several tv shows are allowed to be openly hostile towards white people. Blackish, the Neighborhood, are just two shows that slams white's and other races. Then we have Trump who loves to address Senator Warren as Pocahontas. Trump also said, "I love all people, rich or poor. But in those particular positions, I just don't want a poor person," Trump said. "Does that make sense? Does that make sense? If you insist, I'll do it. But I like it better this way, right?" Trump is saying he likes poor people he just doesn't want them around him. Who are the poor people? I think we would find all races in the poor group of Americans. Isn't it amazing that Americans tolerate a presidential bigot but will crush a tv host for a minor comment that was not intended to offensive in any way?
If Americans were truly politically correct the next time Trump refers to Sen. Warren as Pocahontas they would boo him off the stage or walk out.

I watch Blackish every week. How in the heck do you find that hostile to white people?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-26-2018, 07:21 PM

9,545 posts, read 16,589,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
You don't have to be a millionaire with a tv show to be set up or knocked down by the left's PC gotcha scheme. You could be working hard at McDonald's to feed yourself and your child. All that is required is to say something they decide is not leftist enough and be a white person when saying it.

Your right

Old 10-26-2018, 07:24 PM

48,628 posts, read 35,093,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
Your right
No he's not.

What does discussing race have anything to do with the job description at McDonalds?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-26-2018, 07:35 PM

73,203 posts, read 62,905,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Can we just get rid of the offended instead?
Sorry, not happening. If you have a problem with me being offended by blackface, you are the problem.

Old 10-26-2018, 07:39 PM

2,486 posts, read 829,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Kelly's ratings have not been as expected. Then she gives NBC a pretty strong reason to can her. Blackface is never OK - period. People seem to have lost that important filter between the brain and the mouth.

I used to like her before she became exactly the same as all the rest by falling in line.

Funny how a fat paycheck turns established ideals backwards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine
Can we just get rid of the offended instead?

That would be 1/2 the country! Offended any time, every time, and all the time.

The other half is wondering how the hell that happened.

Old 10-26-2018, 07:40 PM

73,203 posts, read 62,905,446 times
I've known about blackface since I was a teenager. I read about it in a textbook. I learned about it in history books. This is something that I know alot about, and for that reason, I understand how offensive it is. This is why I have a disgust towards those who would try blackface. If you know it's offensive and you still wear blackface, that is disgusting. It shows you have a bigoted mentality deep down. If you really don't know that blackface really is offensive, I wonder
1) Did you pay attention in history class?
2) What were you taught in school?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies