Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2018, 01:42 PM

18,739 posts, read 7,613,748 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicDrifter View Post
America should put a referendum out there if the citizens of that country want to accept all these "asylum" seekers and migrants.
Excellent idea. Along with a section for each YES voter to fill in his name and address, and an indication of how many of the migrants he is willing to take into his own house, and support until they get legal jobs so that the rest of us don't have to turn over ever more tax money to support them ourselves.

Thank you SO much for volunteering!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2018, 01:57 PM

4,921 posts, read 7,691,766 times
The sad thing is that the US has been trying to destabilize many of the countries that these people are trying to escape from. No country in the world can compete with US crops because of the farm subsidies especially central and south America. As a result the US creates unstable governments that cannot afford law and order allowing criminals to dominate. Top that off with pricing America crops so low local farmers cannot compete and you have a recipe for hell. Then blame the people for trying to find a better life. That's Trump logic; a sick and perverted way of thinking otherwise known as greed.

Be careful, I have it on go authority that there are refugees from the Klingon-Cardassian War hiding in the caravan who are planning to enter the US and breed with American women producing aliens who will overthrow the government.

Old 11-06-2018, 02:02 PM

62,961 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Found this post on a different site.

comment 1:
If they intend to enter the US though the correct channels then I wouldn't be posting this, but I highly doubt that is (most) of their intents.

They do intend to enter the US through the correct channels. To apply for asylum, you have to present yourself to US authorities. To do so you have to be physically present. This is the correct channel for them to present their asylum claims.

Response: You seem to have made the assumption that none of these people have legitimate asylum claims. Some might. The fact that Mexico offered them asylum might be irrelevant for some if the violence they are fleeing is able to follow them to Mexico. Some might not have legitimate claims. But it's a process, and we have trained Judges who evaluate these claims on a case-by-case basis. I'm not sure why you think they don't deserve that process, and that your cursory judgement from thousands of miles away is a enough.

Realistically what is going to happen with this caravan is that many of the people in it will end their journey in mexico somewhere, some will continue to the US border. Some will cross the border and apply for asylum; some of those will be rejected and deported and some will have their asylum claims granted and be allowed to settle in the US. That's it.

Do you think that 7,000 people are really going to change anything? Over 500,000 people overstayed visas in the US last year. 7,000 in a caravan of which some might end up entering the US, of which a further subset might be legally allowed to stay... that's nothing. There's an estimated 100,000 Canadians in the US illegally. Do you feel the invasion of Canadian migrants? No? Well it's 10x larger than the caravan.

Yes, we should enforce our nation's laws. Yes, people who don't have a legitimate asylum claim should be turned away. But put everything in perspective - this is a relatively small number of people, of whom, some may have legitimate claims. It's a non-issue.
Only 20% of those asking for asylum have been approved in the past. Nothing in your post above changes that nor the fact that they know they can't claim asylum based on poverty. Why waste our time?

Canadians here illegally nor visa over stayers has anything to do with the topic at hand. If you want to discuss them then I suggest you start another topic.

Old 11-06-2018, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I have no fear at all. I'm not worried about the boogeyman migrants coming to take over my home. Trump on the other hand can't talk about anything but fear.

Did you not read the DHS site that I provided? Many of them are not the innocents you portray them to be. Out of the 11 million here already many are criminals. It's common sense to protect our border not fear. Funny how you're fearful of these militias when they have been patrolling the border for years and I have never heard of one incident where they instigated any violence. The violence was always on the part of the illegals throwing rocks, etc.

Old 11-06-2018, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Here's a dose of logic then: there is no evidence any member of the caravan is attempting to cross illegally. In fact, there is plenty of evidence they are not. A person who is trying to do something illegal hides their actions. They don't display what they are doing for all the world to see.

The evidence is based on the past. There were several in the April caravan that entered illegally why in the world would you think this one would be any different? Based on what??? You're logic fails miserably.

Old 11-06-2018, 02:22 PM
exm

3,722 posts, read 1,781,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
The sad thing is that the US has been trying to destabilize many of the countries that these people are trying to escape from. No country in the world can compete with US crops because of the farm subsidies especially central and south America. As a result the US creates unstable governments that cannot afford law and order allowing criminals to dominate. Top that off with pricing America crops so low local farmers cannot compete and you have a recipe for hell. Then blame the people for trying to find a better life. That's Trump logic; a sick and perverted way of thinking otherwise known as greed.

Be careful, I have it on go authority that there are refugees from the Klingon-Cardassian War hiding in the caravan who are planning to enter the US and breed with American women producing aliens who will overthrow the government.

Ok, so now it's our fault that we are successful and they are not?

Old 11-06-2018, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
I responded to you three pages ago and attempted to answer the question that you keep asking and insisting that nobody is answering. Now here you are three pages later, having refused to even acknowledge my reply, spouting off the same uneducated emotionally-driven garbage all over again.

Fine. Be a foolish loudmouth. It’s on you.

I have also answered his/hers questions over and over in here yet as you said he/she keeps asking the same ones all over again throughout this topic.

Old 11-06-2018, 02:27 PM

17,155 posts, read 12,965,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Did you not read the DHS site that I provided? Many of them are not the innocents you portray them to be. Out of the 11 million here already many are criminals. It's common sense to protect our border not fear. Funny how you're fearful of these militias when they have been patrolling the border for years and I have never heard of one incident where they instigated any violence. The violence was always on the part of the illegals throwing rocks, etc.
I seem to remember two guys named named Cesar Sayoc Jr. and Gregory Bush who were here 100% legally. Both were fans of Donald Trump and one of them killed two people. These stories of real violence faded into the background amidst the fearmongering from the supposed brown alien threat on foot 600 miles away.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/25/u...-shooting.html

Old 11-06-2018, 02:32 PM

2,486 posts, read 825,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
How telling is it that hysterical liberals who are trying to fool people into believing that militia members are loose cannons, can't even spell it?

OMG, that was funny!

I'm still trying to figure out - how did the party of resisting and "kick them when their down" become the party of civility again?

Did it happen in just the last week?

They really believe everyone believes them.

They did nothing for the last two years and now they want to tear up all the good that has happened. If they're given power back it'll be the dumbest thing this country has done collectively for decades.

Old 11-06-2018, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Do these idiots really think they have some kind of authority?

Like, if the caravan makes it to the border...what are these militia men going to do? Shoot them?

And a bigger, more important question -- Do any of those 100s of right-wing Texas Minutemen have jobs they should be at right now?

They are going to do just what they have been doing in the past for several years now just offer support to the Border Patrol and protect private property. Did you not read what one poster said about being a member of one and how they even give water, medical aid, etc. to illegals that have needed it? They've never instigated any violence at the border.

Most of these people are retired cops and military men so no they don't have jobs. Those who do have offered their services on the weekends. Instead of the hysteria why don't you inform yourself about these patriotic Americans?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies