Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2018, 04:39 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,611,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Forget it.

We totally disagree regarding the military--both official military and unofficial vigilantes. I find these vigilante militia guys to be ridiculous. That is my opinion, which you seek to deny as valid, by claiming I am demonizing people.

You have your opinion and I have mine. Let's just leave it at that.
So we totally disagree regarding the military in ANOTHER thread, (even in that thread, I've never demonized you, by the way) and you have to use THIS thread to say "forget about it"

You are right, forget about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2018, 04:45 PM

3,698 posts, read 1,363,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
It may be legal to carry arms but these militiamen with too much time on their hands could not do anything to an asylum seeker except shout slogans. In effect, they are just Rightwing/Trumpian fanboys.
These people were offered asylum in mexico and refused it. By international law they cannot possibly be legitimate asylum seekers.
If they are on private land with the blessing of the property owners and its posted I believe they can shoot them for trespassing.

Old 11-06-2018, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabronie View Post
And WTF is "well regulated" about a group of armed mouth breathers in camo thinking they are Rambo?

I don't want or need their protection from whatever BS threat they think they are protecting me from.
Do you own property on the border?

Old 11-06-2018, 04:54 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phinneas j. whoopee View Post
These people were offered asylum in mexico and refused it. By international law they cannot possibly be legitimate asylum seekers.
If they are on private land with the blessing of the property owners and its posted I believe they can shoot them for trespassing.
Actually almost 3,000 people with the caravan have applied for asylum in Mexico.

Quote:
Nearly 3,000 migrants have accepted offers to apply for asylum in Mexico, authorities there say, and another 500 have given up, asking authorities for help returning home to Central America. https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.8d1e0dcedbfb

Old 11-06-2018, 04:56 PM

17,155 posts, read 12,965,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
What does them being Trump supporters have to do with anything? There is plenty of violence by Democrat supporters also and yes they are all reported equally. Why should we not discuss the violence and potential danger of illegal aliens also?

Brown threat? I wondered how long it would take you to play the skin color/race card. Are you asking the same question for the umpteenth time again as to why we are preparing for these people now, that many of us have answered already in here?

Again, did you read the DHS site that I posted? How can you claim that all of these people are innocents? They aren't all just walking here all the way either. They are getting some rides along the way and those pictures have been all over the news. I suggest you give it up unless you want to continue to be made a fool of yourself by many of the posters in here.
You mean the baloney site you posted whose info is not backed up anywhere else at all? Show us another website to actually backup your nonsense claim and we might believe it. There is zero evidence these people are dangerous and I already told you the very definition of a caravan is a band of unified travelers. Look it up. Since they are not all in vehicles (in fact, few are), they can only move at walking speed or they would not be a caravan and they would have gotten to the US long before now.

Old 11-06-2018, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Actually almost 3,000 people with the caravan have applied for asylum in Mexico.
I know that, I am not oblivious to the news. These are obviously not now amongst the people who might reach the border, refusing the asylum offer and continuing.

Why did I have to explain this...

Old 11-06-2018, 05:26 PM

25,751 posts, read 18,818,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
About 200 members of the Militia groups are currently guarding the Texas border. Militia groups, heavily armed organizations that train members in paramilitary techniques ― often are right-wing extremist organizations. 100 members of the Texas Minutemen are headed to the Rio Grande now. They traveled to the border, stoked by fears that dangerous illegal immigrants are coming to invade the country. With the caravan, large numbers of trained military, and untrained armed militia combined with a powder keg of explosive emotions, what can possibly go wrong?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/armed-mil...kk9fowQb7r3gY4
Well at least somebody down there has to balls to try to stop the invasion.

Mexico should be to blame. They never should have been allowed to cross their southern border. They have a military. USE IT, compadres.

Old 11-06-2018, 05:29 PM

Quote:
I seem to remember two guys named named Cesar Sayoc Jr. and Gregory Bush who were here 100% legally. Both were fans of Donald Trump and one of them killed two people. These stories of real violence faded into the background amidst the fearmongering from the supposed brown alien threat on foot 600 miles away.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/25/u...-shooting.html

What the hell does this have to do with the topic other than your position is wrong so you offer irrelevant diversion?

Old 11-06-2018, 05:31 PM

Quote:
You mean the baloney site you posted whose info is not backed up anywhere else at all? Show us another website to actually backup your nonsense claim and we might believe it. There is zero evidence these people are dangerous and I already told you the very definition of a caravan is a band of unified travelers. Look it up. Since they are not all in vehicles (in fact, few are), they can only move at walking speed or they would not be a caravan and they would have gotten to the US long before now.
DHS is now baloney? Where do you get your info from?
Since media gets their info on immigration from the government, who could possibly "back it up"? What source would they use?
Your argument reveals how far out of touch with reality you are. You expect someone other than DHS would have more accurate data on criminal status of immigrants.
Lets just let this sink in how dumb that is. What database does this mythical board of fact checkers you want to see back up from use to find their criminal records? The records are held by the DHS.

Duh.... oh but Trump is president so its all right wing propaganda right? Nobody at DHS was there when obama was president.

I bet you are one of those geniuses who said Bush lied us into the war in Iraq.... oblivious to the fact that none of the intelligence he relied upon was collected by our agencies under his administration and was compiled by clintons chosen DCI.

If the left ever got facts behind their silly opinions.... they would be right.

Last edited by phinneas j. whoopee; 11-06-2018 at 05:46 PM..

Old 11-06-2018, 05:44 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
I know that, I am not oblivious to the news. These are obviously not now amongst the people who might reach the border, refusing the asylum offer and continuing.
Why did I have to explain this...
Oh I dunno, maybe because you said this:

Quote:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies