Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2018, 11:50 AM

41,109 posts, read 25,806,888 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Many doctors don't accept Medicaid and Medicaid patients have higher death rates than privately insured patients.
Listen to yourself... Think about what you just said. And you want gov't to have more control over our healthcare? Are you nuts!

I was in healthcare before Hillary tried to push Hillarycare and I will admit after that, even though she failed, healthcare went down hill. So maybe you have a point after all. Before Hillarycare healthcare was patient centric. After hillarycare healthcare became insurance centric.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2018, 11:52 AM

19,760 posts, read 12,326,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
People work too hard ^^^ to justify their handout.

It cracks me up when someone points out red state and blue state as if everyone in the state votes the same.
Well it has been republican run states grumbling and holding off, so there is a distinction. But now they are coming around to it. They have reasons to do this - it is better economically to have a healthier population. Some people are too selfish, jealous and insular to even consider it is beneficial to all of us for everyone to have access to basic health care.

Old 12-04-2018, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Listen to yourself... Think about what you just said. And you want gov't to have more control over our healthcare? Are you nuts!

I was in healthcare before Hillary tried to push Hillarycare and I will admit after that, even though she failed, healthcare went down hill. So maybe you have a point after all. Before Hillarycare healthcare was patient centric. After hillarycare healthcare became insurance centric.
What exactly is Hillarycare? She tried to push universal health care and failed, that had nothing to do with insurance companies getting greedy. It was just that they could, there was no legislation to stop them.

Medicaid is basic healthcare, although some states have quite good comprehensive systems. Let's look at the good ones and avoid the pitfalls of the not so good ones. It is worthy of examination as it seems we are moving toward some kind of medical safety nets. It doesn't mean totally get rid of private insurance.

Old 12-04-2018, 12:13 PM

5,886 posts, read 3,238,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicDrifter View Post
Nobody is robbing anyone. You live in the USA, you need to pay taxes. You don't like, you can leave. The USA government needs money to function and organize, and you as a resident and citizen need to pay those taxes. You don't get to decide how much taxes you pay or what those taxes go towards. Have you ever owned a condo? Consider it like a HOA. You have to pay (or they put a lien on your condo). You can't decide what you pay or what your HOA goes towards but you do have a say, a voice. That's it.

You made your voice clear and loud that you don't want your taxpayer dollars keeping other Americans healthy. While I find your voice to be horrific and morally disgusting, you have right to your voice. Other Americans also gave their voice and therefore you now have ObamaCare (ACA). Now some of your taxes go to the ACA. This is not theft, this is not being robbed. This is part of your dues, responsibilities as an American. Aren't Republicans and the Right-Wing all about duty to one's country and personal responsibility?
So your position is shut up and let ourselves all be robbed to fund a commie scheme to redistribute wealth. Do you even understand that such a thing is not within the charter of this nation? You point out that the government needs revenue to operate and this is true, and that would indeed be a legitimate justification for taxation. However, supporting moochers is NOT.

NO AMERICAN ever voted for ObamaCare. In fact it was opposed by more than 90% of Americans, and was rammed through Congress by a radical band of leftists. Again, no American citizen ever voted for this commie scheme.

I suspect you're not an American at all, with these commie beliefs and attitudes that you evince. I don't want my tax dollars used for purposes for which tax has never been authorized and was never contemplated to be within the taxing powers of Congress, which were limited to, as you note, operating the federal government itself so that it could carry out its Constitutionally chartered activities, which do NOT include "keeping other Americans healthy".

And yet YOU have the nerve, the unmitigated GALL, to call my opinion "horrific and morally disgusting"?? I am not a thief and an aggressor, as you apparently are. You have no right to be horrified or disgusted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Oh, she was not gloating and what she posted wasn't rude. Stop pointing at her to justify bad behavior on your part.

But speaking of rude posts, if you have so much trouble identifying them, see your responses to JAMS14.
She was not gloating, but she was essentially celebrating being the recipient of welfare, with not a care for the harms this inflicts on her fellow citizens. Very selfish and thoughtlessly rude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
You keep your money because the government is subsidizing your healthcare, so you don't have to lay it out to begin with. You could never afford your employer-based health insurance without that lucrative government benefit.

But you got yours, so you are more than happy to pull the ladder up behind you and make sure anybody who doesn't have employer-based insurance doesn't get the same lucrative government benefit you have been enjoying for years.

That's really what it comes down to.
Again, how is the government subsidizing my healthcare? A subsidy is when the government GIVES MONEY to someone - as in giving money to a person getting "free" or $1 premiums for healthcare.

Its money taken from someone else. In the case of employer sponsored health insurance, the government is not taking money from anyone and giving it to someone else. The company has the money, its never taken and redistributed, so there IS NO SUBSIDY. Again, learn how to use words properly. It just makes you look like an idiot that you can't communicate by using common simple words properly.

Old 12-04-2018, 12:21 PM

18,982 posts, read 9,110,776 times
Quote:
What exactly is Hillarycare? She tried to push universal health care and failed, that had nothing to do with insurance companies getting greedy. It was just that they could, there was no legislation to stop them.

Medicaid is basic healthcare, although some states have quite good comprehensive systems. Let's look at the good ones and avoid the pitfalls of the not so good ones. It is worthy of examination as it seems we are moving toward some kind of medical safety nets. It doesn't mean totally get rid of private insurance.
I'd be perfectly happy letting the private insurance companies stick around. Anyone who wants to hand a huge chunk of their healthcare dollars to a pointless money-sucking middle man is free to do so. Just give the rest of us the opportunity to opt out of the greedy stranglehold they have on us now.

The thing is, most people will leave private insurance pretty quickly if they have another option. And they know it. Which is why the bought and paid for politicians are working so hard to make sure it never happens.

Old 12-04-2018, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
Again, how is the government subsidizing my healthcare? A subsidy is when the government GIVES MONEY to someone - as in giving money to a person getting "free" or $1 premiums for healthcare.

Its money taken from someone else. In the case of employer sponsored health insurance, the government is not taking money from anyone and giving it to someone else. The company has the money, its never taken and redistributed, so there IS NO SUBSIDY. Again, learn how to use words properly. It just makes you look like an idiot that you can't communicate by using common simple words properly.
Employees get income in the form of employer paid premiums, which is not taxed. Freebie.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/07/h...deduction.html

Quote:
But economists on the left and the right argue that to really rein in health costs, Congress should scale back or eliminate the tax exclusion on what employers pay toward employees’ health insurance premiums. Under current law, those premiums are not subject to the payroll or income taxes that are taken out of employees’ wages, an arrangement that vastly benefits middle- and upper-income people.

Old 12-04-2018, 12:55 PM

18,982 posts, read 9,110,776 times
Quote:
Employees get income in the form of employer paid premiums, which is not taxed. Freebie.

They don't want to hear how they've been getting big help paying for their health insurance for decades now. Much easier for them to pretend they are all pulling their own weight, and the rest of us are moochers.

I'd like to see them rescind those tax subsidies for employer-based insurance. Then we'd get a single payer really quick, because NO ONE can afford un-subsidized health insurance.

Old 12-04-2018, 01:16 PM

2,362 posts, read 781,874 times
Quote:
However, supporting moochers is NOT.
Point to me somewhere in the constitution where it says raising taxes for social welfare programs is not allowed by the federal government.

And then tell me where you went to school k-highschool.

Old 12-04-2018, 01:20 PM

5,886 posts, read 3,238,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicDrifter View Post
Point to me somewhere in the constitution where it says raising taxes for social welfare programs is not allowed by the federal government.

And then tell me where you went to school k-highschool.
Article I Sections 8/9, it is not within any of the powers delegated to the Federal Government. That which is not expressly authorized to the federal govt is NOT ALLOWED. Why do you not know this? Not an American? Skipped "Government" class? What's your excuse for not understanding how our federal govt was chartered?

Quote:

Keeping your OWN MONEY is not GETTING anything , and its certainly not a "freebie". Its compensation for your WORK. Are you really this dense?

Old 12-04-2018, 01:22 PM

2,362 posts, read 781,874 times
Quote:
Article I Sections 8/9, it is not within any of the powers delegated to the Federal Government. That which is not expressly authorized to the federal govt is NOT ALLOWED.
Quote:
Article I, Section 8, Clause 1:

The Congress shall have Power to lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States.
Not that anyone believes you read the constitution.

But tell us, where you went to school?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies