Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2018, 08:28 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,275,187 times

Advertisements

Apple is expanding operations they already had in place before Trump. How's this a MAGA moment? Most of his supporters are not living in blue, blue Austin.

Even if Texas is a red state, Austin is pretty liberal.

Old 12-13-2018, 08:29 AM

3,221 posts, read 1,739,575 times
I'll admit -- this is nice. Credit to Trump where credit is due.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2018, 08:32 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,600,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Well, that's a big win for Texas and especially Austin.

Also noteworthy that Apple built there and not west coast, frankly I think that the cost of living in some of those areas is getting prohibitive over the long-term as well as taxation etc.

Will be an interesting trend to watch in the coming decades.
Austin isnt exactly cheap but there is big room to expand housing northward for the mere mortals working at Apple earning say 60K in TX.

Old 12-13-2018, 08:41 AM

6,454 posts, read 7,013,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Apple is expanding operations they already had in place before Trump. How's this a MAGA moment? Most of his supporters are not living in blue, blue Austin.

It only look 2 pages before someone would make this up and try to spin some credit to Democrat’s or liberals where there is none to be had.

Nowhere in the article does it say that Apple had this in its plans prior to Trump being elected President. It explicitly states that as a result of the tax cuts, Apple is creating a 1 billion dollar campus, creating 20 thousand jobs and returning most of the 252 billion in sheltered revenue back to the US.

Who cares how Austin votes? Most companies are located where they can retain and recruit their work force; it has absolutely nothing to do with anyone voting blue or red. Either way you try to spin it, Texas is a red state.

Trump delivered and you are simply wrong. Own up to it.

Old 12-13-2018, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
It only look 2 pages before someone would make this up and try to spin some credit to Democrat’s or liberals where there is none to be had.

Nowhere in the article does it say that Apple had this in its plans prior to Trump being elected President. It explicitly states that as a result of the tax cuts, Apple is creating a 1 billion dollar campus, creating 20 thousand jobs and returning most of the 252 billion in sheltered revenue back to the US.

Who cares how Austin votes? Most companies are located where they can retain and recruit their work force; it has absolutely nothing to do with anyone voting blue or red. Either way you try to spin it, Texas is a red state.
I'm crediting Apple for deciding to expand operations. Since, they are the ones who are actually doing it.

Trump isn't exactly tight with Tim Cook.

Old 12-13-2018, 08:48 AM

Quote:
I'm crediting Apple for deciding to expand operations. Since, they are the ones who are actually doing it.

Trump isn't exactly tight with Tim Cook.

Apple deserves credit, and Trump and the GOP deserve credit for providing them with the business friendly platform to do so. Like I said, it says that the move was planned due to the tax cuts that passed.

I’ll say it because it needs to be said: You are wrong, the Dems were wrong and Trump delivered. There’s no getting around it.

Old 12-13-2018, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
Apple deserves credit, and Trump and the GOP deserve credit for providing them with the business friendly platform to do so. Like I said, it says that the move was planned due to the tax cuts that passed.

I’ll say it because it needs to be said: You are wrong, the Dems were wrong and Trump delivered. There’s no getting around it.
What about those manufacturing jobs for the heartland? Since when are Trumpers excited about more liberal elites and H1B foreigners getting high-paying tech jobs?

I think the environment for Apple is worse now because they cannot keep holding money overseas. I will give Trump credit for prying that tax money out of Apple's hands, but that's really it.

Old 12-13-2018, 08:56 AM

7,732 posts, read 12,628,268 times
Quote:

It's clear you don't know much about Austin. Outside of the city, Austin is MOSTLY suburban and a family town. Tons of Republicans. Especially the wealthy suburban outliers.

Old 12-13-2018, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
It's clear you don't know much about Austin. Outside of the city, Austin is MOSTLY suburban and a family town. Tons of Republicans. Especially the wealthy suburban outliers.
Most of them won't be working at Apple, either.

I do know a lot about Austin and I'm aware it's surrounded by a sea of red.

Old 12-13-2018, 09:00 AM

Quote:
What about those manufacturing jobs for the heartland? Since when are Trumpers excited about more liberal elites and H1B foreigners getting high-paying tech jobs?

I think the environment for Apple is worse now because they cannot keep holding money overseas. I will give Trump credit for prying that tax money out of Apple's hands, but that's really it.
What about them? We aren’t talking about Stormy Daniels, The manufacturing jobs or coal mines.

You want to talk about everything other than what the article has clearly stated because you are programmed to find something wrong with Trump regardless of what good he is doing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies