Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2018, 09:06 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,275,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
What about them? We aren’t talking about Stormy Daniels, The manufacturing jobs or coal mines.

You want to talk about everything other than what the article has clearly stated because you are programmed to find something wrong with Trump regardless of what good he is doing.
Nah... I just don't see this as some sort of "Trump Win," but if you do, that's totally your prerogative.

Old 12-13-2018, 09:09 AM

1,199 posts, read 639,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I am not a trumper or GOP but lots of media outlets simply find the worst story about Trump and beat the story to death all day long like CNN. To pretend Trump gets a fair shake just because the NYT's mentions Trump a few times in this story is disingenuous. This story does not fit the narrative of the left that Trump is 100% bad for the country so I would believe any positive thing Trump has to do with it will be downplayed.
Again, this thread is a poor platform for conservatives to whine about the unfair treatment of Trump, because the first article discussing Apple's announcement links it to tax cuts that were passed on Trump's watch. And this comes from the much-maligned, "failing" New York Times.

Maybe you folks should keep your "biased media" powder dry until the situation actually calls for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2018, 09:10 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcattwood View Post
The thread's title is incorrect. Apple isn't paying $250 billion in taxes. It's bringing $250 billion in overseas profits to the U.S.

Which prompts the question: What if anything are they paying on that $250B that's been stashed overseas?

Old 12-13-2018, 09:17 AM

6,454 posts, read 7,013,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Nah... I just don't see this as some sort of "Trump Win," but if you do, that's totally your prerogative.
Well I already knew what my “prerogatives” were. I just wanted to highlight the inaccuracies in what you stated earlier in addition to your attempt to detract from the good news provided by Trump’s policies. That’s all.

Old 12-13-2018, 09:18 AM

1,239 posts, read 511,020 times
Quote:
It only look 2 pages before someone would make this up and try to spin some credit to Democrat’s or liberals where there is none to be had.

Nowhere in the article does it say that Apple had this in its plans prior to Trump being elected President. It explicitly states that as a result of the tax cuts, Apple is creating a 1 billion dollar campus, creating 20 thousand jobs and returning most of the 252 billion in sheltered revenue back to the US.

Who cares how Austin votes? Most companies are located where they can retain and recruit their work force; it has absolutely nothing to do with anyone voting blue or red. Either way you try to spin it, Texas is a red state.

Trump delivered and you are simply wrong. Own up to it.
A few things.

1. Change our settings so that you get more posts per page.

2. What Redzin said was correct, and you misunderstood it.

3. They already have offices in Austin. They are expanding them, and almost doubling the workforce there.

4. It's a good thing, Redzin is saying that. He's just pointing out that it'll mainly benefit Liberals.

Old 12-13-2018, 09:18 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,630,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partial Observer View Post
Your reading comprehension must be terrible, because Trump is mentioned several times in that very article. But by all means, keep playing the conservative victim card.
Perhaps you failed to comprehend that the poster said "WILL BE" downplayed, and not "WAS". That means, that based on the article mentioning Trump..people will downplay Trumps involvement AFTER they read the article..

lets deign to be a full observer in the future, that way you wont have to play the liberal victim card

Old 12-13-2018, 09:37 AM

6,454 posts, read 7,013,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sactown4 View Post
A few things.

1. Change our settings so that you get more posts per page.

2. What Redzin said was correct, and you misunderstood it.

3. They already have offices in Austin. They are expanding them, and almost doubling the workforce there.

4. It's a good thing, Redzin is saying that. He's just pointing out that it'll mainly benefit Liberals.
1. Nope, you’re simply wrong, Redzin tried leverage the “good news” as a gain and take away issue based on the workers political allegiances which has absolutely nothing to do with what he article is about nor does it mention anything about what’s being insinuated. There is no “misunderstanding” of anything. Redzin is simply trying to spin this and/or minimize it. nothing more nothing less

2.Who said anything about anything about “already having offices in Austin?”, it’s irrelevant to the fact that Apple is adding 20k jobs and transferring 252 billion in revenue back to the US along with a 1 billion dollar campus as a direct result of the Trump tax cuts. No one denied that Apple had offices in Austin to begin with, stating that is as important as noting that the sky in Texas is blue too.

3. Redzin didn’t say it was a “good thing” Redzin specifically stated that this wasn’t a win for Trump”, I simply stated that it was due to the fact that the change is a direct result of a policy that Trump supported and advocated for and one that Democrats were against.

I’m addition, you forgot to mention that Redzin made up this notion that Apple had planned this before Trump was elected—which isn’t true either.

3. Where in the article does it say that it will”mainly benefit liberals”?

Old 12-13-2018, 09:52 AM

1,199 posts, read 639,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Perhaps you failed to comprehend that the poster said "WILL BE" downplayed, and not "WAS". That means, that based on the article mentioning Trump..people will downplay Trumps involvement AFTER they read the article..

lets deign to be a full observer in the future, that way you wont have to play the liberal victim card
Sorry, comrade, I stand by my point. When a liberal media outlet writes something positive about the Trump-backed tax cut, it's a silly time to whine about how the liberal media will not give Trump any credit.

It makes you guys look pathetic, as if you can't process a sliver of good news without parlaying it into another opportunity to complain about "the libs."

Old 12-13-2018, 10:01 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,630,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partial Observer View Post
Sorry, comrade, I stand by my point. When a liberal media outlet writes something positive about the Trump-backed tax cut, it's a silly time to whine about how the liberal media will not give Trump any credit.

It makes you guys look pathetic, as if you can't process a sliver of good news without parlaying it into another opportunity to complain about "the libs."
Uh huh..and what is it you are doing? Oh, thats right, proving the point completely..BY DOWNPLAYING TRUMP'S ROLE IN THIS.

Fascinating...

Old 12-13-2018, 10:07 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,275,187 times
Quote:
Well I already knew what my “prerogatives” were. I just wanted to highlight the inaccuracies in what you stated earlier in addition to your attempt to detract from the good news provided by Trump’s policies. That’s all.
And, I disagree with your assessment entirely.

But, you do you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies