Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2019, 08:06 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
However, you still have a choice, on the distribution of labor.

The law was made everyone must carry car insurance (great for insurance companies revenue stream) but the law does not say, everyone must own a car ... there, there is a choice.

The law was made everyone must have health insurance (again, great for insurance companies revenue stream) however, one can not opt out from owning their bodies ... there is no choice.
I'm for taking the insurance industry out of the equation. I agree it's wrong to force people to purchase something from a private entity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2019, 08:07 PM

5,302 posts, read 2,355,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
People have agreed. We have elections. Those who argue to totally get rid of taxes get results in the low single digits.
People have agreed on a lot of stuff, and not all of it is good.

Old 01-03-2019, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Not if it’s a privately owned toll road!
This was brought up before. What is your suggestion ? A toll booth every 5 miles? 10 miles? Every exit? Tell me how this would work.

Old 01-03-2019, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T0103E View Post
People have agreed on a lot of stuff, and not all of it is good.
I don't disagree but we are talking a specific item.

Old 01-03-2019, 08:10 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,569,031 times
Quote:
This was brought up before. What is your suggestion ? A toll booth every 5 miles? 10 miles? Every exit? Tell me how this would work.
Same way as how the internet works.

Old 01-03-2019, 08:10 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,596,932 times
Quote:
People are not going to willingly pay. I used to belong to a HOA responsible for the roads. It was near impossible to get people to pay. The roads were terrible and it was all gave up on and turned over to the county.
When roads were brought up in the thread I thought of

Story of Louisiana road, bridge problems: Millions in budget but billions in backlog

They want a gas hike to solve the problem.

Old 01-03-2019, 08:12 PM

2,186 posts, read 1,172,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodyfromnc View Post
When I think of a Libertarian, I think fiscally conservative and socially liberal with the exception of the Second Amendment, which they usually line up with conservatives on.

I don't think they're any smarter, or dumber than anyone else, nor do I think they're better or worse people. They just have a different viewpoint than I do.
Pegged me to a T. I’m likely more conservative concerning fiscal issues than most libertarians, but I have became much more liberal concerning issues like drugs, abortion, homosexuality(due to converting to atheist) and gay marriage(shouldn’t be a government issue). I’m against forced redistribution and SS/Medicare. I am ok with mandated private savings plans. And yes, I’m extremely pro 2A.

So, when I think of Libertarians, I see them as having more with me in common than either the libs or cons.

Old 01-03-2019, 08:12 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T0103E View Post
Because anything that gets in the way of expanding state power is funded by the evil Koch brothers, duh. We can't possibly have come to our conclusions using our own brains.
I use the brain of Tom Woods a lot. Don't worry, I get explicit consent from him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTqEePlZiqk

Old 01-03-2019, 08:21 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,596,932 times
Quote:
I'm for taking the insurance industry out of the equation. I agree it's wrong to force people to purchase something from a private entity.
You also took this out ... Income tax on labor ... working cash gigs can carry a person only so far, it can work, but if ever found out, there is no choice, but to pay the government for your labor.

I fixed it for you. Force is force.

PS: There are still people who will not give out their SSN to any one. Reason being that is how the fed tracks you and your earnings. Without that number, they have no power. I know someone who went up to the age of 33 on cash ... he's now a member of society.

Old 01-03-2019, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
You also took this out ... Income tax on labor ... working cash gigs can carry a person only so far, it can work, but if ever found out, there is no choice, but to pay the government for your labor.

I fixed it for you. Force is force.
We are not going to exist without some sort of force. It's just not going to happen. I'm not into solutions that do not work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies