Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2019, 11:16 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,912,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
There is seriously something wrong with your inability to see that Trump is not eloquent and often trips over his words and you have to look at the whole message not parse words and diagram sentences to know what he is saying. The immediately following words were "I said they're going to pay for it. They are"

This is a great example of how liberals characterize clumsy wording as "lies".
So he never said Mexico would pay for the wall? He never said drugs come in through the border? Did he or did he not? I thought Trump was gonna be different... He is just another empty suit with empty promises...

Old 01-10-2019, 11:21 AM

18,462 posts, read 7,096,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noc View Post
The wall is a passive barrier that is breech-able on it's own. It needs some sort of active counter measure for it to be a real deterrent, like a guard tower ever so many meters (DMZ in N/S Korea), land mines, electrified perimeter, traps. If no one is watching every square mile it's useless, they'll cut it out as shown, dig under it or use it as a climbing wall for exercise.

How is it that Area 51 had no wall and it was so closely guarded. You walk close to the out perimeter and armed guards show up to turn you away. People had to climb nearby mountains to get a glimpse and when they found out about that they made the perimeter even wide to encompass said near by mountain.

Any wall on it's own is going to be less effective without counter measure such as cameras, security personnel, drones etc.....and conversely, electronic measures are less effective without a physical barrier as well.

This is common sense and exactly why the topic of the thread is a ridiculous straw man argument.

Old 01-10-2019, 11:26 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,713,235 times
Quote:
There is seriously something wrong with your inability to see that Trump is not eloquent and often trips over his words and you have to look at the whole message not parse words and diagram sentences to know what he is saying. The immediately following words were "I said they're going to pay for it. They are"

How on earth does one defend someone saying "I said" and "I never said" in the same sentence, particularly when, what, millions heard him say exactly that at his campaign rallies?

Seriously?

How/why do people keep making excuses for his BS?

He's not "eloquent" because he's a liar.
And he can't keep his lies straight, so he trips over his words trying to remember which lie he told on any given day.

And still people make excuses for him.
Unbelievable!

Further, someone else posted exactly how he said Mexico was going to pay for it and still you want to defend this?

ICYMI:

"On day 3 tell Mexico that if the Mexican government will contribute the funds
needed to the United States to pay for the wall, the Trump Administration will
not promulgate the final rule, and the regulation will not go into effect."

https://assets.donaldjtrump.com/Pay_for_the_Wall.pdf

The above post is a great example of how Trump supporters can rationalize even the most glaring examples of his falsehoods.

Sad.

Old 01-10-2019, 11:27 AM

18,462 posts, read 7,096,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
And how many run thru the hole before the BP arrives?
Considerably less than could just walk straight across the border if there was no barrier there.

Old 01-10-2019, 11:29 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,145,579 times

Old 01-10-2019, 11:32 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,301,017 times
Quote:

No, clumsy wording is not the same as lying and Trump lies constantly.

https://www.fastcompany.com/90289769...the-falsehoods

Old 01-10-2019, 11:34 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,231,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
How on earth does one defend someone saying "I said" and "I never said" in the same sentence, particularly when, what, millions heard him say exactly that at his campaign rallies?

How on earth does one hear "I said" and "I never said" in the same sentence and not realize it is a case of clumsy speech?

Old 01-10-2019, 11:40 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,289,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
Given that they haven't built a prototype of the proposed wall or tested its effectiveness, haven't conducted a feasibility study, haven't performed a cost-benefit analysis, and are still unable to provide a budget justification analysis, no I don't think they have determined what is being proposed much beyond the general idea of building a wall somewhere to the South.
Weren't we talking about geographical feasibility?

Old 01-10-2019, 11:40 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,713,235 times
Quote:
How on earth does one hear "I said" and "I never said" in the same sentence and not realize it is a case of clumsy speech?
Because he has a well-documented history of claiming that he never said things that he clearly said.

Old 01-10-2019, 11:42 AM
Noc

1,435 posts, read 2,070,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Any wall on it's own is going to be less effective without counter measure such as cameras, security personnel, drones etc.....and conversely, electronic measures are less effective without a physical barrier as well.

This is common sense and exactly why the topic of the thread is a ridiculous straw man argument.
You see one cannot make assumptions with this administrations. You'd have the damage control dept. out in full force saying this or that was or wasn't said and/or you know exactly what the President means. You have to be crystal clear or else the spin masters will strike and try to drown out your argument.

Great big wall and Mexico will pay for it. Who will pay for it? (crowd yells) Mexico. <-- I'm all for this deal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies