Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2019, 10:21 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Sorry but the AR-15 is very much a common firearm.

And there is no Constructional right for a citizen of another country to cross the border illegaly.

WHAT's a "Constructional right" ? Is that how Trump brings in his illegals?

Old 01-10-2019, 10:27 AM

42,845 posts, read 26,259,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
And I'm saying that from your own "reliable source" that these prototypes are nothing like the original prototypes..... And your reliable source even says it was a design from the last administration? You did read that, yes? Because it was built during trumps administration, does not it was his design. .
And from that same article:
"As a candidate, Trump promised to build an "impenetrable, physical, tall, powerful, beautiful" wall on the border that would be paid for by Mexico. Before the Oval Office address, the White House's Office of Management and Budget sent a letter to Congress requesting $5.7 billion for the construction of 234 miles of steel barrier."

And now he decides that as long as he gets a wall, impenetrable is no longer important, what a flipping joke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
How much money did president Obama give solyndra? It was not billions but a lot of money that he did not even know what he was getting or how much it would cost...and here they are, bankrupt....along with 4 other companies...
529 million dollars, or to put it another way about 10% of what Trump wants as a downpayment on his big beautiful impenetrable wall. The decision to give Solyndra that loan lies with Obama, but the program that allowed those loans to be made was started during the Bush administration and opposed by Democrats who didn't think that we should be paying private companies to build things that benefit all of us.
https://money.cnn.com/2012/06/06/tec...ndra/index.htm

Old 01-10-2019, 10:28 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,698,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
This is part of the reason why it's hard to take the Emergency! Wall! Need! as the main focus right now seriously.

-Most drugs come through legal ports, airplanes, etc.
-Majority these days coming in are a result of visa overstays
-It will not do anything about those already here, except perhaps make it harder for them to leave.
-and so on.

Instead of trying to truly tackle any of the aforementioned first, they're honed in on a costly solution to only a minor part of the problem.
Exactly.
And as was evident in the quote provided about the "bigger, faster" vehicles, there are clearly solutions that can and should be applied that haven't even been tried.

Honestly, the president should be embarrassed making statements like that. They do nothing to explain why a wall is needed and everything to illustrate how little he actually cares about finding solutions that don't involve destroying private property, historical sites, etc.

This about broke my heart:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-...o-get-his-wall

Old 01-10-2019, 10:31 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,698,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
Just from this morning as the Dear Leader departs for his staged photo op at the southern border;

https://thehill.com/latino/424726-tr...k-for-the-wall

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/10/polit...all/index.html

What a bold faced lie he promised his 'base' as he ginned up support for his campaign.
Huh?

He literally said this?

"“When during the campaign, I would say 'Mexico is going to pay for it.' Obviously, I never said this and I never meant they are going to write out a check,” Trump said.

In one breath he says "during the campaign I would say..." and then says "obviously, I never said this..."

There is seriously something wrong with this man.

Old 01-10-2019, 10:44 AM

46,267 posts, read 27,088,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
And from that same article:
"As a candidate, Trump promised to build an "impenetrable, physical, tall, powerful, beautiful" wall on the border that would be paid for by Mexico. Before the Oval Office address, the White House's Office of Management and Budget sent a letter to Congress requesting $5.7 billion for the construction of 234 miles of steel barrier."

And now he decides that as long as he gets a wall, impenetrable is no longer important, what a flipping joke.

People change their minds....I think the left called it "evolving" yea...that's it, evolving...

Quote:
529 million dollars, or to put it another way about 10% of what Trump wants as a downpayment on his big beautiful impenetrable wall. The decision to give Solyndra that loan lies with Obama, but the program that allowed those loans to be made was started during the Bush administration
https://money.cnn.com/2012/06/06/tec...ndra/index.htm

Obama did not have to sign it....the money is gone....

Quote:
and opposed by Democrats who didn't think that we should be paying private companies to build things that benefit all of us.
And you even lied:

The quote below is from your link:

Quote:
To Democrats it represents government support for a private enterprise that was supposed to create something that made us all better off -- clean energy and jobs.

Old 01-10-2019, 10:44 AM

18,454 posts, read 7,086,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
IF that's the case you'll surely have no problem providing links showing the majority of those actually living near and working to secure the border believe we need and would benefit from a continuous wall along the border.

Go for it!

What makes you think that it's up to them?

Old 01-10-2019, 10:48 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
What makes you think that it's up to them?

I expect more knowledge from those who LIVE in a situation than from those 1,000s of miles away.

And just WHOM do you believe it should be up to?

Old 01-10-2019, 10:50 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
Back to the drawing board.

. . . testing by DHS in late 2017 showed all eight prototypes, including the steel slats, were vulnerable to breaching, according to an internal February 2018 U.S. Customs and Border Protection report.

Photos of the breaches were not included in a redacted version of the CBP report, which was first obtained in a Freedom of Information Act Request by San Diego public radio station KPBS.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/imm...-sawed-n956856

. . . results of the test after military and Border Patrol experts were instructed to attempt to destroy the barriers with common tools.

I carry a blow torch in my backpack everywhere I go!

Old 01-10-2019, 10:51 AM

9,742 posts, read 4,493,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
You just don't deal in reality at all. A plasma cutter also requires a generator to power it. The common illegal alien attempting to violate our border doesn't have $300 to spend on a plasma cutter nor $700 for the generator to power it. Maybe you think they'll get the mini micro backpack version, eh?

Please entertain us with more of your crazy talk....
Like the poster said. Most illegals crossings use coyotes. And coyotes can afford that and much more.

Old 01-10-2019, 10:53 AM

8,496 posts, read 4,557,552 times
All walls are ultimately breached and made ineffective - The Hadrian's Wall, the Great Wall, Berlin Wall, etc...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies