Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2019, 09:06 PM

7,276 posts, read 5,288,966 times

Advertisements

At this point, if a wall is to be built, it might as well be around Washington D.C. to fend off any future revolt by the people towards government.

Old 01-16-2019, 10:07 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,231,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Bolded says FENCES not walls. Get it right. I am sure if Trump had campaigned on fences, we wouldn't be in this situation right now. The Senate had already approved $1.3 billion for border security so stop lying about Dems not wanting border security.

Explicitly define the difference between a wall and a fence, please.

Old 01-17-2019, 04:53 AM

5,717 posts, read 3,148,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Bolded says FENCES not walls. Get it right. I am sure if Trump had campaigned on fences, we wouldn't be in this situation right now. The Senate had already approved $1.3 billion for border security so stop lying about Dems not wanting border security.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
Explicitly define the difference between a wall and a fence, please.
Turns out, there isn't a difference.

Definition of fence
1 archaic : a means of protection : DEFENSE
2a : a barrier intended to prevent escape or intrusion or to mark a boundary
especially : such a barrier made of posts and wire or boards

Synonyms: Noun
barricade, barrier, hedge, wall

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/fence

Old 01-17-2019, 06:58 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,912,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
wonder if this shut down will go for 2 years more.. till Trump ends his 1st year in office. Government workers cant just wait for a paycheck forever indefinitely.. if that were me, i'd have to quit.

i don't know what i would do if that were me furloughed with my paycheck in the Twilight Zone never knowing when it would get here.

They should have dinged the Congresspeople's paycheck for them to really feel it.
If this goes into February, Trump will likely lose in 2020. If this goes into March, Trump will lose in 2020. The Trump administration says that the shutdown has caused 0.5% economic decrease due to the 10,00 contractor companies along with the federal workers. The shutdown has effected 0.15% each week so far. This isn't some spin by some left leaning think tank or a government employee union, this is the Trump administration doing it.

Old 01-17-2019, 08:02 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,835,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post

Definition of fence

LOL!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFhTXL5QADQ

Old 01-17-2019, 08:36 AM

6,738 posts, read 4,423,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
If this goes into February, Trump will likely lose in 2020. If this goes into March, Trump will lose in 2020. The Trump administration says that the shutdown has caused 0.5% economic decrease due to the 10,00 contractor companies along with the federal workers. The shutdown has effected 0.15% each week so far. This isn't some spin by some left leaning think tank or a government employee union, this is the Trump administration doing it.

Narcissist types will take you down with them to get what they want.

Old 01-17-2019, 09:06 AM

62,993 posts, read 29,170,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post

Definition of fence

Actually it's just arguing semantics. The Secure Fence Act was actually for double barriers on the 700 miles of the most porous areas of the border that's more than a fence even though it was called the Fence Act. The lefties knit pick everything to make some lame point when they have none. Typical of them.

Old 01-17-2019, 09:39 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,835,417 times
Look at the video of the topography of our southern border and pray tell me how in the world would we build a wall or fence in the middle of the Rio Grande or on those mountains made of rock?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTQDwSVMdNg

Old 01-17-2019, 09:42 AM

46,307 posts, read 27,124,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Look at the video of the topography of our southern border and pray tell me how in the world would we build a wall or fence in the middle of the Rio Grande or on those mountains made of rock?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTQDwSVMdNg

Provide a link, from anyone...that said the entire border would have a wall?

Old 01-17-2019, 09:45 AM

5,110 posts, read 3,074,213 times
It seems that a lot of people think the idea of this wall is ridiculous and a waste of money and it sounded that way to me as well.

But when talking about this with some of my relatives, a couple of them think the wall is a good idea and worth paying for to keep whoever out from entering. But is it though?

Also, I don't see how Trump could ever finish it in time, even if he re-elected, he just won't have time before the next president comes in and decides most likely not to continue building it, unless I am wrong?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies