Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you happy with Trump’s deal to reopen the Federal government for 3 weeks?
I’m happy with the deal 41 36.61%
It’s ok 50 44.64%
I’m unhappy with this deal 21 18.75%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2019, 01:22 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
I couldn't disagree more.

I don't think McConnell believes that the Dems are in the right on this one. He realizes he has nothing to gain by siding with the opposing party who intends on obstructing the President at all costs...it didn't work with Kavanaugh and I doubt it'll work with anything else. He doesn't get brownie points from Dems for doing what they want, and he stands to lose confidence with the GOP and it's voters by doing it. Just my opinion though..

Pelosi is a terrible negotiator...she didn't get anything out of this. All she did was say "no." Staunchly saying "no" is not a negotiating strategy nor is it brilliant or a winning one. After all, she just lost the possibility of paving a way for protection for Dreamers and possibly other goodies that would have appeased her base.

AS for Trump, it was reported that his administration has already fished out 7 billion in emergency funds for the wall--I think he is more than likely to use that option, than to fold with Pelosi. At that point the Dems get little to nothing. Dems will critisize her in the suture for not taking the deal from the jump.
Well, we'll see won't we? And pretty quickly too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

850 posts, read 796,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
It's doomed anyway. It's doomed because the media is completely dishonest and is not reporting what is really going on, which is that one political side has done something really horrible to win and when the lost, they are weaponizing the government to bring down the opponent instead of fighting fair. I am not going to go into it all. The people who know my posts know what I am talking about. I am not going to argue with these leftist idiots anymore on here.
And in other news Roger Stone 6th person to get indicted.

Trumps should rewrite his book to 'Art of the plea deal'.

14,888 posts, read 10,037,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru5555 View Post
Speak for yourself.
I always speak for myself, I'm still laughing at you BTW. 3 weeks.

Old 01-25-2019, 01:23 PM

554 posts, read 684,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMBGBlueCanary View Post
I am glad he agreed to open the government and think he deserves kudos for doing so. It was the right thing to do. I still don't care for him as president overall, but I have a slightly better opinion of him now.

Now that it's open, the wall/border security can hopefully be discussed and settled in the next three weeks. I am kind of hoping he and the Democrats will be open to something like 10 billion for "border security" which could include shoring up old parts of the wall (but no huge new wall in places it's not needed or wanted) but will also include more modern features such as electronic surveillance and more money for the tools border guards use to do their jobs safely.
First, I should say that this is a very civil, charitable post and kuddos to you for your open mind and restraint. I get stuck on the fact that he caused the shut down because he didn't get his way and now his polling numbers are so bad that he has little choice but to cave and reopen...but my cynical nature probably only escalates debate between the extremes, which Lord knows we don't need any more of these days...

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachcomber11 View Post
Unfortunately, I'm thinking Cheeto had an ulterior motive in re-opening today, indictment of Roger Stone.

Look at the shiny object, to distract.
Well yeah, that’s a no brainer.

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Lol, Trump gets blasted and shamed daily for keeping the government closed and now you criticize him for "caving"? What the flip could he ever do to please the haters?

Trump needs to make remind the American people on a daily basis that we will not have border security and our problems here will never get fixed because of Pelosi and Chuck.
Problem with the President is that one day he is telling you this country is in the best position it ever has been..Everything is great.

But to sell the wall he then has to tell us that things are horribly horribly wrong.

You are right -- we have some serious issues to address in this country.

Mass shootings, fentanyl, health care being more affordable, etc.......

Let's fix e-verify and make it work and start making employers accountable.

Let's make sure that we do deport the violent criminals we find.

And let's shore up the ports of entry.

Every local official from along the southern border that was interviewed agreed that there needed to be better funding of the legal ports of entry -- those that supported the wall and those that didn't.

Let's start with all of that.

Tracking visas.....so much more that needs to be addressed ......

The wall is a simple tangible symbol for folks -- that doesn't mean it's the most important part of a comprehensive security strategy.

2,745 posts, read 3,017,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
McConnell has been clear that he does not think much of Trump's shutdowns.

"There's no education the second time you're kicked by a mule."

So perhaps Trump won't put himself in this humiliating position again.
Did he really say that? That's actually pretty profound!

3,321 posts, read 1,100,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
I always speak for myself, I'm still laughing at you BTW. 3 weeks.
“Pelosi hurt Trump’s fee-fees, therefore I must spin for him”.

We’re all laughing at you, not with you. I wouldn’t expect you to know the difference.

17,717 posts, read 13,539,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post

Just goes to show that he cares more about those out of work than spoiled Pelosi does....politically it's a win for Trump, although I'd rather see all those bearocratsfired and just pay the security services except the bloated unnecessary TSA.
If he cared so damn much this would of never happened in the first place. Same goes for Nancy and company.

Old 01-25-2019, 01:24 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times
Coulter is not happy.

https://twitter.com/AnnCoulter/statu...88030901882880
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies