Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you happy with Trump’s deal to reopen the Federal government for 3 weeks?
I’m happy with the deal 41 36.61%
It’s ok 50 44.64%
I’m unhappy with this deal 21 18.75%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2019, 05:36 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,024,812 times

Advertisements

It's fine by me. The shutdown is a massive waste of money since all the federal workers who have been sitting at home will get paid anyway. But I do believe that Trump should get his wall money. The posturing by the Dems is equally petty and ridiculous.

My only qualm is that if this is being done for the Super Bowl, as many have suggested, then that is a crock too. To hell with the NFL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2019, 05:38 PM

672 posts, read 257,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
The word of the day is CAVE. Trump caved. There is no other way to put it. He got absolutely nothing. Idiot.
HaHa...He's a big orange loser right now. Such Biggly Losing!

Old 01-25-2019, 05:39 PM

2,361 posts, read 2,547,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
This nation is doomed if we have to cater to you thin skinned morons for much longer.
Sore loserman numero two-o.

Old 01-25-2019, 05:41 PM

34,190 posts, read 17,265,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
The dems will sit on their hands for 3 weeks. We all know that. And nothing will get accomplished. You have to be tough to motivate that party

They don’t care about America’s security. Just themselves and they’re still pitching hissy fits they lost the presidency
That gives him the opening to either use Emergency Act or let it shut down again.

Old 01-25-2019, 05:41 PM

672 posts, read 257,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
Most of you are doing nothing more here than showing just how sick and divided this country is right now. You have allowed your dislike or outright hatred of the president to cloud your judgement, leading you to believe that ridiculous "wins" like this for your party are a good thing. How are so many Democrats able to sweep away the fact that many of the same representatives from your party who are so adamantly against a wall at this point were more than on board with the concept just a few short years ago? The fact that the only reason they are now against physical barriers at our border is because a Republican president wants to build them doesn't bother you at all? I know, as long as your team gets the win, everything is cool I suppose. I can only hope that one day we'll stop seeing things in terms of MySide vs. YouRsIde! But then again, that was the whole purpose of a two party system in the first place. Divide and subdue. Works like a charm.
Nah..I just don't like a lying, fraud committing, no contractor paying, woman molesting criminal as a president.

Old 01-25-2019, 05:43 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,589,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
This nation is doomed if we have to cater to you thin skinned morons for much longer.
This ^^^ made me laugh so hard

Trump did cave and Trump is weak.

I'm glad that some of his "poorly educated" supporters are finally starting to get it.

Old 01-25-2019, 05:43 PM

3,611 posts, read 1,807,616 times
The democrat talking point was that they are willing to discuss border security only after government has been “reopened”, let’s see if they were telling the truth(they weren’t).

Old 01-25-2019, 05:45 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,396,402 times
Those ignorant right wing folks here on this board who repeatedly claimed that even if folks like the Border Patrol, Air Traffic Controllers etc refused to come in to work there would be little impact and that Trump would just stand firm are now pretty obviously clueless. Today, air travel in even just a handful of airports ground slowly to a halt due to insufficient air traffic controllers - and sure enough Trump immediately CAVED.

My guess is Trump is done trying to shut down the government to get his way. In 3 weeks time - assuming he doesn't get his wall money (which is probably an accurate assessment) he'll try and declare a National Emergency and the issue will end up in court for an extended period of time before it's shot down.

Ken

Old 01-25-2019, 05:46 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,558,643 times
Oooooopsy!

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/newsp...5Vq?li=AAggv0m

Biggly thread fail.

Old 01-25-2019, 05:47 PM

34,190 posts, read 17,265,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I hate that it is only temporary. We will right back to square one again soon because Trump wants his wall and nothing but. .
I think that's awesome.

And we are not back to square one if the House compromises.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies