Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you happy with Trump’s deal to reopen the Federal government for 3 weeks?
I’m happy with the deal 41 36.61%
It’s ok 50 44.64%
I’m unhappy with this deal 21 18.75%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2019, 08:59 AM

3,100 posts, read 3,308,214 times

Advertisements

I kinda feel this shutdown was a necessary evil because all those folks who were on the fence about 2020 that are feeling the sting of it will get swayed pretty easily against the GOP now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2019, 09:01 AM

4,437 posts, read 7,685,036 times
LGA just got shutdown! And Super Bowl ATL is next weekend.....!

Old 01-25-2019, 09:09 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,610,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
You got me there! I did...I'm guilty as charged because in 2008 and 2012 I didn't vote and that allowed Obammy to double whammy the country.
Do you realize how you make yourself sound when you use commentary like "Obammy"or "peelosy" sound? I know you are trying to emulate Trump, but just like it doesn't look good on him, neither does it on you. In fact, it takes away from any point you want to make, and slots you into a class of people most would not want to associate with. As such, it diminishes you and your statement.

I bet you can do better.

Old 01-25-2019, 09:13 AM

63,074 posts, read 29,269,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC23 View Post
You keep coming back Old Glory, at this point we need our daily laugh.

Figures that you liberal leftists find the facts funny when you can't refute them. Typical though. I note that you didn't address a single fact in my lost post either.

Old 01-25-2019, 09:14 AM

3,321 posts, read 1,105,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC23 View Post
You keep coming back Old Glory, at this point we need our daily laugh.
Bonus points for keeping a tally on how frequently “you and yours” gets used in said posts.

Old 01-25-2019, 09:18 AM

5,479 posts, read 2,129,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Do you realize how you make yourself sound when you use commentary like "Obammy"or "peelosy" sound? I know you are trying to emulate Trump, but just like it doesn't look good on him, neither does it on you. In fact, it takes away from any point you want to make, and slots you into a class of people most would not want to associate with. As such, it diminishes you and your statement.

I bet you can do better.
That's all you have? A pablum filled, thinly veiled insult? Maybe you should do better!

Old 01-25-2019, 09:19 AM

560 posts, read 1,550,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
"As for the costs of illegal aliens BOZ pointed out the many ways they do cost us and there is no denying that's the truth. Are you also denying that they take American jobs, reduce wages, overcrowd our schools, jail, hospitals, roads and neighborhoods?
This is the absolute truth. Very well said! Illegal/undocumented workers are the BIGGEST reason wages have been stagnant for a while now. Because they are here illegally, they will work for next to nothing so why would an employer be motivated to pay an American more when he can get these illegals who are eager to work for a lower wage? These workers are good for the company's bottom line but bad for me and you and the economy in general.

That was why I suggested in another post to say something to the higher ups when we are at a hotel or country club for a social or business function since that's where many of them work under the table, meaning without paying taxes. Yet many times, we just go to these places, eat, drink, dance and leave!

Old 01-25-2019, 09:23 AM

47,021 posts, read 26,097,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Yes, they did both fail.

But guess what - the D plan got more votes in the Republican-controlled Senate than the R plan did!
That right there is roundly entertaining.

Old 01-25-2019, 09:26 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,940,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Great! Is the shutdown over? No, then she's not doing a good job. The truth is that Ms. Pelosi cares about party power above all.
Ahhhh, you think Pelosi can end the shut-down. That's so cute!

Old 01-25-2019, 09:31 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,940,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
You are not looking at the timeline OR what each of the Letters said.

Nancy's first letter was dated January 3 and it was an Invitation to Trump to speak at the State of the Union.
I don't know if Trump formally accepted, but expect that he did as that is the protocol.

Nancy's second letter was NOT a refusal - it was a suggestion and she blamed it on a fake Security issue. The press asked her daily if Trump had replied to her letter.

Trump's (January 23) response was - We have established there is no Security issue and I formally accept your invitation.
Nancy's reply was - I take back the invitation and you will not be welcome.

Trump's reply was OK - it's your prerogative and I understand that and will respect that.
I'm well aware of the timeline. Trump's letter on the 23rd was to ignore her second letter, it was essentially a dare. She took it up. And then Trump said some things on the record when he found out. His reply was to insult and berate Democrats, then to accede that she had the upper hand (it's her prerogative).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies