Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you happy with Trump’s deal to reopen the Federal government for 3 weeks?
I’m happy with the deal 41 36.61%
It’s ok 50 44.64%
I’m unhappy with this deal 21 18.75%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2019, 08:31 AM

3,661 posts, read 3,808,636 times

Advertisements

I'm waiting to see if Pelosi can actually get Dems to work on border security. And the even bigger problem of our broken immigration process.

If not, she's no more effective than anyone else in DC. Ever.

Both sides need to compromise. We'll see if the leadership on both sides can actually do anything useful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2019, 08:33 AM

3,997 posts, read 4,159,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
Sooo... We democrat federal government employees don’t matter at all? We are American citizens just like you.
Hate to break it to you, but your not like us. When we lose our jobs through no fault of our own either, we don't get the mainstream media pleading for us to get paid, don't have politicians begging for us and don't get the pity of the left. Instead we're told it's for our own good since it's the lefts ideas that have put us there.

Old 01-26-2019, 08:34 AM

4,630 posts, read 3,350,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcairngorm View Post
I heard something last night about legislation being put forward that would make it much tougher to shut down the government over budget issues. Anyone know anything about that (real facts, not opinions)
I found one link:

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...ment-shutdowns

Old 01-26-2019, 08:34 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,909,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branDcalf View Post
I'm waiting to see if Pelosi can actually get Dems to work on border security. And the even bigger problem of our broken immigration process.

If not, she's no more effective than anyone else in DC. Ever.

Both sides need to compromise. We'll see if the leadership on both sides can actually do anything useful.
This country needs to get McConnell's butt off off of his thumbs and trump off of right wing media where trump gets his orders.

Old 01-26-2019, 08:35 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,627,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
There was never a Muslim ban...that fiction was promoted by the MSM and repeated by the NPC's....like you!
He did put extra constraints on a very few countries that sponsor terrorism that happened to be mostly Muslim...out of many more muslim countries not on the ban list.. but that fact is inconvenient to your fake news.
Yeah. Except for Saudi where the actual terrorists came from. That's how we know the 'Muslim Ban' that Trump called for in his own words - is nothing but a big bunch of BS.

Old 01-26-2019, 08:37 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,196,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
This country needs to get McConnell's butt off off of his thumbs and trump off of right wing media where trump gets his orders.
No, this country needs to give its turncoats the boot.

Old 01-26-2019, 08:38 AM

5,480 posts, read 2,139,646 times
FWIW, we did just fine before the TSA...the 9/11 incident happened because Cheny had several parallel operations going on at the same time that brought down and confused ALL of our hijack failsafes simultaneously....completely unprecedented.

Old 01-26-2019, 08:42 AM

560 posts, read 1,551,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
"It's not up to the public to check the credentials of any worker. That's the responsibility of those who hire them".
It's like asking a thief where he hid the gold that he stole. He will not tell us since the gold will make him rich after selling it. I think there should be an independent body who shows up randomly at businesses where these tax evadors work (hotels/country clubs, construction sites, farms, landscaping companies, meat processing plants, etc) and do a random check on ALL the workers. Right now, nobody checks.

Last Spring, I was on my lunch break and decided to get a sub so I headed to a Subway Restaurant. There, a guy by the name of Michael, made my sandwich but he could barely speak English so I had to use a translator. Several months later, I was attending a classmate's wedding @ a Country Club here in town. The SAME guy who made my sandwich @ the Subway was assigned to our section, except this time, his name says "Edward"! So I asked him "isn't your name Michael"? He recognized me immediately and headed to the back of the banquet hall and never saw him again that night. They had to assign a new server for our section.

They go to different businesses under different names but are highly desired by them since they work hard without asking for raises. If wages in those industries do not rise, wages in other industries won't rise either since everything starts @ the bottom. But I agree, since these workers blend very well, it's hard for the general public to know who is legal and who is not..

Old 01-26-2019, 08:43 AM

25,845 posts, read 20,783,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Just what was being offered to Trump? Almost nothing of what he has asked for. He chose to end the shutdown temporarily. I disagree with it but let's wait and see what happens between now and Feb. 15th. Watch the Democrats renege on their promise to discuss it between now and then and not making any compromises as usual. IMO, Pelosi and Schumer were being the stubborn a**es in all of this and that's why they wouldn't "blink". Is that somehow a good thing? You guys criticized Trump for not ending the shutdown and now that he has you demonize him for that to. Make up your minds! The end.
More trouble parsing sentences.

I’m not “demonizing him” for blinking.

I’m laughing at his inability to move his agenda forward.

Reminds me of that time another older lady got the better of him.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifes...=.fc1106d5d5b2

Old 01-26-2019, 08:43 AM

16,242 posts, read 7,188,631 times
Default Did Trum lose or did he win?

I am confused. So did he win? Or did Pelosi wipe the floor with him? What just happened?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies