Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2019, 07:58 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,386,025 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
OMG! Pelosi and Schumer are bots!

NOTHING Trump said was unfactual. They are so disconnected and have no message, just a meme.
I can't believe Trump was so stupid as to try to spout "facts" and "figures" that can be easily checked for their veracity rather than just spewing emotion - like he did for the last half. I look forward to learning how many Pinocchios he gets!

Old 01-08-2019, 07:58 PM

4,195 posts, read 1,601,623 times
mr trumps speech and democratic rebuttal were mostly boring stuff..i would say mr trump restrained himself somewhat

he still put out the 90% claim about smuggled drugs ...that was not factual no matter how many time one repeats it

and i question the validity of the claim about illegals taking jobs as well as the economy supposedly booming concurrently

Old 01-08-2019, 07:59 PM

8,505 posts, read 4,565,672 times
It was if Bozo the Clown was given prime airtime. All we got was a fool reiterating things he has been saying for three years while never before drawing a line in the sand. Nothing new came out of this show and not a whole lot has really changed at the border in the last few years. In words the simple minds will understand, this was a big nothing burger.

Old 01-08-2019, 08:00 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,630,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
No-Democrats don't care about Americans being killed. If they were foreign criminals-it's another story.

As usual Trump nailed it in the speech. The left are flapping their lips-but just making themselves look stupider by the second by not countering a word of it.
Exactly!

As another poster rightly pointed out, Trump pleaded for the safety of American citizens, Chuck and Nancy only cared about the shutdown

987 posts, read 780,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
This is a straw man argument.

You can't kick American citizens out.

And the ratio of crimes committed by illegals is irrelevant......

Because if we didn't allow the illegals in, that number would be zero.

It's not like Americans would start killing more people and committing more crimes to make up the difference.

Even if the borders became so secure that All illegal drugs ceased to get smuggled across?

I am all for border security. The higher tech the better, but a wall is also necessary.

20,722 posts, read 16,386,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by settled00 View Post
just looked at the "We the People Will Fund the Wall" at gofundme and it's nearly 20M (about $300,000 away from that figure), so I guess that's a few of us anyway who support the president in protecting our innocent citizens from illegals. I do hope he visits the border, then declares a national emergency to fund the wall. In fact, I prefer it to be concrete please. I'll gladly pay extra.
Why are Americans spending THEIR money? MEXICO was supposed to pick up the tab - that was TRUMP'S PROMISE! Sorry - he's a lying liar and I'll not give a penny for the wall. Not that he can even figure out if it'll be concrete, steel, or something that can be seen through!

Old 01-08-2019, 08:01 PM

62,974 posts, read 29,170,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
I just heard the speech. He spoke of compromise but he keeps the government shut down while he doesn't get his way. What a sad excuse for a President.

The Democrats don't really want to compromise and if Trump allows the government to re-open without a deal that he can live with then he will never get one from the Democrats and he knows it. It's all the leverage he has. The Democrats are requesting that Trump re-open the government and they'll talk about the wall later with Trump. Right.......

Old 01-08-2019, 08:01 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,199,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
I can't believe Trump was so stupid as to try to spout "facts" and "figures" that can be easily checked for their veracity rather than just spewing emotion - like he did for the last half. I look forward to learning how many Pinocchios he gets!

LOL yeah MSM controlled/manipulated propaganda'd data. NEXT!

Old 01-08-2019, 08:02 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,115,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atgss View Post
So so so sad.

There's a disease called TDS.

If this was Obama delivering that exact speech and exact words Trump did, they'd be "partying in the streets" in agreement.
Wall would still be an impractical and inefficient way to work on this no matter who was President. Nothing really new tonight from either side.

Old 01-08-2019, 08:03 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,340,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
Illegals can't kill Americans if they can't get in. That's the point. Your comment is idiotic.
No, it's ACCURATE.

Illegal aliens commit a TINY FRACTION of U.S. murders - TINY.
Americans armed with guns however, commit a HUGE PROPORTION of U.S. murders.
Aside from that, Trump's wall wouldn't help much. We have a "wall" (a slatted barrier - such as Trump now says he'd accept) here in Cochise County. It doesn't stop illegal immigration.
Trump's wall would be a huge waste of money.

Ken
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies