Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2019, 07:53 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,847,072 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
I'm sure it makes all those killed by "legal" Americans feel sooooooooo much better to know their killers were not "illegal".

Ken

Illegals can't kill Americans if they can't get in. That's the point. Your comment is idiotic.

7,685 posts, read 6,198,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC23 View Post
I was looking for something truthful from Trump that would get Americans calling their Representatives demanding that the Wall get built. I didn’t hear it. In the end it was his usual politics of fear over substance.

Truth sometimes and in this case IS fear and not pleasant. Ask Isreal how well their wall works for them, ask Pelosi and Obama how their walls around their homes are working for them.

987 posts, read 780,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixTheCat View Post
I like how Nancy said the people trying to cross the border are women and children. She's right. 1 out of 10 are women and children. The rest are young men that left the women and children at home to fend for themselves.

I like how Trump explained that the women and children are used as pawns, in many ways.

Old 01-08-2019, 07:54 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,542,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partial Observer View Post
But why are his numbers off? Is it because the President of the United States doesn’t have access to the correct numbers, or does he feel empowered to provide false data because his followers simply don’t care?

Old 01-08-2019, 07:55 PM

5,772 posts, read 3,225,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
No-Democrats don't care about Americans being killed. If they were foreign criminals-it's another story.

As usual Trump nailed it in the speech. The left are flapping their lips-but just making themselves look stupider by the second by not countering a word of it.

The President got off to a good start but then it became the same old crap. An impractical promise which will take years of litigation and eminent domain suits.

Old 01-08-2019, 07:56 PM

4,087 posts, read 3,246,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Notice Chuck and Nancy didn't talk about the people being harmed or working Americans. They talked about people being inconvenienced by missing a paycheck with absolutely no concern for lives lost and the impact on the families of the dead. They chose money as the more important issue over the lives of American citizens.
Corporate America loves to pay least it can to employees. If Latinos worked for less and still legal to hire illegal even .... You can bet they would not care about displaced American workers .....

Still TRUMP OWNS THE SHUTDOWN

Remember he he blamed the head f the last shutdown ...... I posted the interview he gave,

2,325 posts, read 2,653,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
That is because I feel that Pelosi and Schumer were right, there is NO REASON to hold 800k federal employees and their families and even more government contractors and their families hostage over the wall. Not border security, a stupid wall. Now Trump is trying to compromise with the slats and that it stops the drug trades (this comes at the ports of entry, by sea and by air.)
^^This. And I can't believe no one is questioning the cost of this wall (which keeps going up). There has got to be a more cost effective way to build some kind of wall - this seems ridiculous - a way to line the pockets of the contractors and who knows who else.

2,486 posts, read 825,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
The people don't want the wall.

NO! Your people don't want the wall!

You can believe just what you want, and you and the tribe do that quite well.

The pendulum is swinging back after just one week. You should be concerned, knowing that I and the majority in this thread are right.

If you can't get behind the truth, you are a liar.

Ignore the facts as you have done for years. It's what you do.

Old 01-08-2019, 07:57 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,198,631 times
So so so sad.

There's a disease called TDS.

If this was Obama delivering that exact speech and exact words Trump did, they'd be "partying in the streets" in agreement.

Old 01-08-2019, 07:58 PM

914 posts, read 643,579 times
just looked at the "We the People Will Fund the Wall" at gofundme and it's nearly 20M (about $300,000 away from that figure), so I guess that's a few of us anyway who support the president in protecting our innocent citizens from illegals. I do hope he visits the border, then declares a national emergency to fund the wall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies