Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2019, 01:28 PM

5,302 posts, read 2,356,621 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance and Change View Post
Geez... The subjugation of the individual for the benefit of the collective society.

Do you not understand anything of "Civil Society"? It's certainly evident you don't grasp the concept and/or the principle of Civic Society.
Using the threat of force to make individuals do whatever the majority wants is civil...

...and waiting to receive their consent is uncivil?

Old 01-13-2019, 01:45 PM

5,472 posts, read 3,227,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T0103E View Post
Using the threat of force to make individuals do whatever the majority wants is civil...

...and waiting to receive their consent is uncivil?
If its of such a grand difficulty to Understand American Democracy... this may help

Old 01-13-2019, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
That's not what collectivism is. Collectivism is the subjugation of the individual for the benefit of the collective society, and it always fails because too much is taken from some and too little is contributed by others.

Two 20th century examples:

1) Stalin starved 20 to 25 million people (some say 40 million) to death by confiscating their agricultural produce and wealth and redistributing it to others. The subjugation of the individual for the benefit of the collective society.

2) The Nazis confiscated the Jews' wealth to fund their government and subsequently executed them because they no longer had any means of support. The subjugation of the individual for the benefit of the collective society.
Rulers throughout history have done a good job selling collectivism, unfortunately. They convince otherwise good people to advocate and support things they’d never do on their own.

The key is to distract people from the fact that violent force is potentially involved, and then paint the people who object to their master plan as selfish, anti-society, troublemakers, etc.

I’m in Vegas right now, so let’s go with 10 friends at a hotel...

A: We should order some pizza.
8 others: Sure, let’s do it.
B: No thanks, I’m not that hungry. You guys go ahead though.
A: Hey everyone, B doesn’t want to contribute to our party...I thought we ALL decided we’re getting pizza, right?
Others: Yeah, we did...
A: Hey B, why are you being difficult? Do you WANT us all to pay more for pizza?
B: Well no, but...
Others: Yeah, why doesn’t B have to pay?
B: I mean, I could chip in a couple dollars for you guys but I’m not gonna be eating any...can I just go back to my room for awhile if you’re gonna be like this?
A: Alright folks, it’s clear that B is trying to screw us over. If they don’t want to pay their fair share for the party, they’re free to check out of the hotel early and fly home.

Then if B doesn’t comply to the group, they take money from B’s wallet or lock B in the closet. “What violence? I don’t see any violence. Stop crying and do whatever A says like an adult, and you’ll have no issues.”

Seems pretty civil to me, right? The common good is served. The greatest good for the greatest number of people. It’s what’s best for society as a whole.

Old 01-13-2019, 02:32 PM

5,472 posts, read 3,227,035 times
Quote:
Rulers throughout history have done a good job selling collectivism, unfortunately. They convince otherwise good people to advocate and support things they’d never do on their own.

The key is to distract people from the fact that violent force is potentially involved, and then paint the people who object to their master plan as selfish, anti-society, troublemakers, etc.

I’m in Vegas right now, so let’s go with 10 friends at a hotel...

A: We should order some pizza.
8 others: Sure, let’s do it.
B: No thanks, I’m not that hungry. You guys go ahead though.
A: Hey everyone, B doesn’t want to contribute to our party...I thought we ALL decided we’re getting pizza, right?
Others: Yeah, we did...
A: Hey B, why are you being difficult? Do you WANT us all to pay more for pizza?
B: Well no, but...
Others: Yeah, why doesn’t B have to pay?
B: I mean, I could chip in a couple dollars for you guys but I’m not gonna be eating any...can I just go back to my room for awhile if you’re gonna be like this?
A: Alright folks, it’s clear that B is trying to screw us over. If they don’t want to pay their fair share for the party, they’re free to check out of the hotel early and fly home.

Then if B doesn’t comply to the group, they take money from B’s wallet or lock B in the closet. “What violence? I don’t see any violence. Stop crying and do whatever A says like an adult, and you’ll have no issues.”

Seems pretty civil to me, right? The common good is served. The greatest good for the greatest number of people. It’s what’s best for society as a whole.
B.S. analogy - Ordering Pizza for a group in a hotel room, is not covered under American Governance. ... as I said,... you don't understand by willful choice not to understand, American Democracy and the Governance System of America.

It's OK, because at any time you are certainly free to leave American Soil and its Governance...

Old 01-13-2019, 02:59 PM

Quote:
B.S. analogy - Ordering Pizza for a group in a hotel room, is not covered under American Governance. ... as I said,... you don't understand by willful choice not to understand, American Democracy and the Governance System of America.

It's OK, because at any time you are certainly free to leave American Soil and its Governance...
The act doesn’t become any different just by calling it something else. It comes down to initiating force against the individual for the supposed good of the group.

Old 01-13-2019, 03:45 PM

89,037 posts, read 44,853,831 times
Quote:
Geez... The subjugation of the individual for the benefit of the collective society.

Do you not understand anything of "Civil Society"? It's certainly evident you don't grasp the concept and/or the principle of Civic Society.
Yes. A society can be a civil society without confiscating from only some to give to others who haven't earned it.

Old 01-13-2019, 03:47 PM

Quote:
If its of such a grand difficulty to Understand American Democracy... this may help
The US is not a democracy. The Founders avoided exactly such to prevent mob rule.

Old 01-13-2019, 03:50 PM

Quote:
The act doesn’t become any different just by calling it something else. It comes down to initiating force against the individual for the supposed good of the group.
Exactly.

Old 01-13-2019, 03:52 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,373,891 times
Quote:

What happens when the State hunts you down, kidnaps you, and imprisons you?

Happened to this poor SOB last summer...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...ise-nearly-30/

"Americans" are still subject to taxes after leaving or hell...never having lived here. Check this one out...

https://www.nbcnews.com/nightly-news...le-sam-n867711

Wherever you go, there you are.

I say hell no. More like...

Wherever you go, there the State is.

Old 01-13-2019, 04:13 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,615,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Yes. A society can be a civil society without confiscating from only some to give to others who haven't earned it.
How?.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies