Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2019, 03:07 PM

7,779 posts, read 6,392,491 times
I will just keep on using my Schick razor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2019, 03:09 PM

21,945 posts, read 9,513,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
They believe if they can paint us as Racist, Sexist, Homophobic, Insecure, etc then they invalidate us, and our opinion. It is the main tactic of the Left. The problem for them is that we, and now much of society are seeing through this tactic, and viewing empty emotion with no logical, nor rational arguments.
I think more people are seeing the light. I know I used to fall for all this nonsense. I will never, EVER vote for another Democrat after what I saw in the Kavanaugh hearings. I don't know how anyone can trust one thing they say.

Old 01-15-2019, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
What does "the left" have to do with a TV ad?

If you're talking about Procter & Gamble, that's a corporation that is about as far left as Mitch McConnell.

I quit buying P&G products decades ago - their advertising has been insulting women's intelligence for years. P&G has been telling us that laundry detergent is the key to happiness, and encourages us to "have a happy period".

But now that men feel their intelligence is insulted, P&G is the devil. It is to laugh.

You seem threatened.

And there you have it. Men feel threatened, so they insult women. It must be the fault of all those evill wimmen.

I'm amused how anyone would think that P&G is "left wing" anything. Talk about clueless.
All ads tell you that their product is the key to happiness. For you to assume you are being patronized is just idiotic. Or snowflakey.

Old 01-15-2019, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Many big corporations today are extremely PC, Democrat controlled, and yes very Leftist. They are SJW, Virtue Signalers of the highest order.
True.

Old 01-15-2019, 03:14 PM

41,967 posts, read 75,229,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCHouseHunter View Post
The only reason this ad exists is because they think it will bring in more business than it will lose
Um ... hello? That's the reason all ads exist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
If there was a commercial like this schooling women on how to be better women, implying they need to be told how to behave so as not to be toxic, it would not go over well.
You can't be serious. Where have you been for the last 100 years?

Advertising has been telling women how to live their lives probably since advertising began. Your husband will love you more if you wash his shirts with Wisk. Men will be attracted to you because you're blonde. Your kids will love you more if you buy Jif. You'll be on his mind if you drink Tab. You'll feel more feminine if you use Tampax.

Have a happy period!

Old 01-15-2019, 03:51 PM

5,111 posts, read 2,053,602 times
Someone on another forum, posted a screenshot of a Youtube commenter about the director's past who did the commercial. Take it with a pinch of salt since it's hard to know if there's any truth to this.

Old 01-15-2019, 04:02 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,969,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
I thought they used Nair for Men.
If there is such a thing as “toxic masculinity”... this ^^^^ is the epitome of it. Men de-masculating other men.

Old 01-15-2019, 04:04 PM

2,448 posts, read 894,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
What’s your issue with the guy in this picture?
In interviews, he turned out to be completely obnoxious and emblematic of what Democratic Party has become: one that looks down at poor people and the working class, though they will never acknowledge this.

Beyond this, a guy who dresses and acts like that is always going to evoke a visceral reaction from a large portion of the population, men, women and myself included. When I first saw that photo, I assumed it was a right-wing meme or something. The stereotypical, effeminate-looking millennial-hipster guy, sipping a latte in his pajamas, hocking Obamacare. Had to be a joke. It wasn't.

Much criticism has been lobbed at the GOP for its losses in terms of women among the party faithful. That's probably earned. It is, increasingly, the party of men. What you hear very little about is how the Dems have lost men. The Democratic Party is, increasingly, the party of women. Now, forget those dreadful, deplorable white men, put yourselves in the shoes of working-class Hispanic men and you look at an ad like that. You come from a culture with strong, traditional gender roles and you see a real fancy boy like that. Think that's appealing to most men? It probably wasn't even appealing to most men who voted for Hillary. Ever see those poor sods at her rallies who most likely got dragged their by their wives? They have that look of resignation and an "I'd rather be be getting a root canal" expression on their faces. Pajama Boy is probably acceptable to them.

Old 01-15-2019, 04:07 PM

17,626 posts, read 17,690,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
If there is such a thing as “toxic masculinity”... this ^^^^ is the epitome of it. Men de-masculating other men.
It’s a real product line. Not a “de-masculating of other men”.
Men's Hair Removal Products | Nair

Old 01-15-2019, 04:19 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,029,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
there ya go. tell me how good your product is and why i should buy it.
Except dollar shave club razors have really gone down in quality. They're only "f-ing great" (as the ad says) if you enjoy razor burn, having hairs ripped from your skin, cut up skin, and razors that need to be replaced more often.

Any ad can tell you their product is amazing, the best on the market, will change your life... Doesn't make it true.

Oh, and they also send you emails on how to be a better man... So there's that too for those who were offended by the P&G ad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies