Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2019, 12:21 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,540,890 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
Doesn't serve it to guests at formal meals, I bet. I have no quarrel with anyone's food preferences for themselves, but it is unseemly to serve fast food to guests at formal meals - particularly by the president, in the White House.

....and Buffett is too smart to have ever have decided to run for President .....and his ego doesn't need that 'shot in the arm'.

Old 01-15-2019, 12:31 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,290,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Lol...WENDY'S?? I have not had such a good laugh for a while.

Wow, serious, please someone make a comedy movie about this administration.
I’m here for SNL’s take on this.

Seriously, I thought Individual 1 was joking when, on the WH lawn, he mentioned the menu for tonight. And, he is so incredibly proud! It’s beyond words.

Old 01-15-2019, 12:37 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,589,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
There's no accounting for taste.

Warren Buffett is anti-Trump, has at least twenty five times the net worth of Trump, yet he shares Trump's penchant for McDonalds, etc.
I can't stand McDonald's, but I do like Burger King, Arby's, and the chili at Wendy's. I would not, however, serve them to guests in my home, particularly guests I had invited as recognition for a special accomplishment.

Old 01-15-2019, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodyfromnc View Post
Most of them are furloughed because of the shutdown. President Trump had to pay for the fast food that was served out of his own pocket. I believe he's also paying for his own meals until the government reopens.
Oh, the horror!

Old 01-15-2019, 12:41 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,517,565 times
And just what is wrong with fast food? I bet most of us eat at one of these restaurants at least once a week or do you dine on lobster and steaks?

Good American food, even found in other countries. When I was in Italy people ran to the nearest McDonald's for the freshest, like home, food.

Old 01-15-2019, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
And just what is wrong with fast food? I bet most of us eat at one of these restaurants at least once a week or do you dine on lobster and steaks?

Good American food, even found in other countries. When I was in Italy people ran to the nearest McDonald's for the freshest, like home, food.
At the White House, Janelle? Come on! You guys can’t, in good conscience, defend this.

The Tigers were invited to the White House to celebrate their championship. What Individual 1 did here is beyond tacky. He’s getting panned for it, too...deservedly so.

Old 01-15-2019, 12:49 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,133,586 times
Quote:

That is what is considered good American food? Really? I would have thought a barbecue with free range chicken and grass fed beef or buffalo with all American potato salad and coleslaw made with organically gown vegetables. A Cajun seafood jambalaya would have been cool too. For dessert maybe a tropical fruit salad and freshly made apple pie, pecan pie and key lime pie. Trump has no class.

Old 01-15-2019, 12:52 AM

Quote:

I dine on something a bit more elegant than stuff from a drive-up window when I have invited guests to my house for a special event.

What's "wrong" with fast food is not the point.

Old 01-15-2019, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
That is what is considered good American food? Really? I would have though a barbecue with free range chicken and grass fed beef or buffalo with all American potato salad and coleslaw made with organically gown vegetables. Maybe a tropical fruit salad and freshly made apple pie and key lime pie. Trump has no class.
That’d have been great. Honestly, those boys got a very bad deal. They probably got sick, too. I hope someone steps up and gives them a better celebratory meal. They deserve better than old burgers with coagulated grease and room-temperature fries. Think how long that food has been out of the McDonald’s kitchen.

Old 01-15-2019, 12:53 AM

15,546 posts, read 12,027,723 times
Quote:
How did McDonalds or lobster become my only 2 food options?

Sure, fast food is fine for an occasional lunch when out running errands or driving long distance. I would never invite people over for dinner to serve them cold fast food burgers and fries.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies