Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2019, 05:25 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,534,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. In-between View Post
this is like telling a 6-year old boy that for his birthday, he can pick a special meal at any restaurant in town. And he drags the whole family to chuck e. Cheese's for hot dogs and root beer, because what could be more special than that?
ROTFLMAO

8,382 posts, read 4,369,703 times
A consistent diet of junk food is probably one of the reasons Trump is brain dead.

Relationship Between Fast Food & the Brain

https://healthyeating.sfgate.com/rel...ain-12203.html

It might explain a lot of other things in politics lately as well.

7,982 posts, read 4,288,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
The sad thing is, it probably wasn't that cheap. That looked like a lot of food. I suspect he could have gotten a local outfit to cater for about the same price, or maybe even approached a culinary school about having the students prepare a meal.
There is so much he could’ve done—and yes, some would be for lots more money—but, I’m sure he is stinging from the massive criticism and teasing he’s getting right now.

Crazy thing? I think he’d do it again.

Old 01-15-2019, 05:27 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
IIRC, earlier in the thread someone posted that such staff have been furloughed/are part of the government shutdown.
I understand the switchboard operators are furloughed as well. Apparently, WH staff is not considered essential to national security.

In any case, the POTUS and his family always pay for their own food. They get a bill every month for the cost of the ingredients.

Old 01-15-2019, 05:28 AM

8,382 posts, read 4,369,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
There is so much he could’ve done—and yes, some would be for lots more money—but, I’m sure he is stinging from the massive criticism and teasing he’s getting right now.

He is using his office to make so much money, he could have fed them Kobe Beef and Lobster and never missed the chump change.

Old 01-15-2019, 05:30 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,288,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
The sad thing is, it probably wasn't that cheap. That looked like a lot of food. I suspect he could have gotten a local outfit to cater for about the same price, or maybe even approached a culinary school about having the students prepare a meal.

For that matter, isn't there a Trump hotel in Washington? I bet it has a kitchen, too.
It’s right around the corner!

Old 01-15-2019, 05:30 AM

46,307 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Did the players complain? Or is this another I'll be mad about this even if they are not mad?

Quote:
Some players "whooped" when they saw the spread, according a pool report.

Quote:
"What a fun day it's been," Swinney said. "It's an honor to be a part of this tradition, and to be honest with you, it's really cool that football can create an opportunity like this."

http://www.espn.com/college-football...ip-celebration

Old 01-15-2019, 05:32 AM

8,851 posts, read 5,876,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
A local caterer would have been at least triple the cost.

But Trump's a billionaire. What's a thousand or so for a photo op with a bunch of grinning college football players?
Embarrassing....he's made plenty of people look like fools, which is why they should have known to be careful to accept the invitation in the first place.....

But I agree with you; my first thought with all of the restaurant options in DC, is why he didn't choose one of them to cater. That wouldn't have been awkward or made headlines. He claimed he paid for the food out of pocket, so as a billionaire, he could have spent a few more bucks for something nice. He made some sort of comment that "they like this stuff," referring to the fast food

Old 01-15-2019, 05:35 AM

2,646 posts, read 1,846,727 times
Quote:

What is really weird to me, he was just in New Orleans.......hello, some of the best cuisine in the world. I am sure he could have ordered and brought the food back to D.C. on our beautiful Air force One.

Well, to each his own. That was a missed deal. Does he even know where he was????

Old 01-15-2019, 05:35 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
There has never been a more perfect display of just how awful this current administration is. Cold fries, anyone?!

https://twitter.com/robertarampton/s...47012003471361

The best part? Individual 1 paid for it out of his own pocket. It kind of makes sense now, doesn’t it?

I would actually prefer such a "feast" over a formal dinner. If it were not so high fat, I would eat fast food over dining at a nice restaurant any day.

Trump is making a point. Don't you think he could have catered in a formal dinner?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies