Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think the Jussie Smollett Attack was a hoax ?
Yes 503 92.63%
No 41 7.55%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 543. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2019, 06:52 AM

11,185 posts, read 6,512,917 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraMoore66 View Post
I don’t see it that way. This is ALL on him and whoever else who helped him!
Don't be so naïve and holier than thou. Every fake allegation of a hate crime, especially a high profile one like this, hurts the credibility of real future victims. Smollett's description of the attack sounded strange to begin with, but he also had the many fake allegations in the past to contend with.

I saw Tawana Brawley mentioned; that was in 1987. The railroading of the Duke lacrosse players
was in 2006 and still comes up as a cautionary tale to believing rape allegations. 'Remember Jussie Smollett' will join those when black/gay hate crime allegations are made.

Old 02-19-2019, 06:54 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,628,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
You keep saying this. Got any links?

I think the first version I'd read worded it differently than this one, saying it had to be done by January 29th. I'll post a link if I find that again.

From this article:

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2019/02...staged-attack/

Quote:
The sources say the red hat was bought at an Uptown beauty supply store and that the attack was supposed to happen before Jan. 29. The brothers told detectives the three men rehearsed the attack days prior to it happening. Smollett paid the brothers $3,500.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merriman80 View Post
Interesting how nobody is talking about this on Liberal forums

Also interesting that some of the people who said they could see this happening because Chicago is a racist city, have disappeared from the thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merriman80 View Post
The funny thing is how lazy they were.

If they did their homework the fake attack takes place in real MAGA country like Oklahoma where every county voted Trump.

LOL downtown Chicago
Well, yes, but crime does happen in downtown Chicago. It's just that it's unlikely to be white on black crime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
How die he make anyone else look bad? Blacks are not to blame for his folly. Neither are gays. ??????
I'm with you. To me, it only makes the nuts who jumped on his cause look bad. Black and gay folks can't control what the nuts are doing any more than white and straight folks can.

Now, if the loons on the far left would see that, they'd stop doing and saying stupid things because they think all Trump supporters are evil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
He made the fawning media and certain opportunistic politicians look bad. More precisely, he gave them the opportunity to make themselves look bad, which many were quite eager to do.
They make themselves look bad. Consistently. Same with the press.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
...I mean reporters or "journalists". If I was a reporter, and someone told me, 'they said it had to be done before or by Jan 29", I would ask, "Oh, why is that?" But all of these reports of that just end it with "they said this had to be done by this date". Not one of those reporters or journalists asked why?
Ah....got it. I'm assuming they did ask and it's part of the information they're not yet making public.

Last edited by MPowering1; 02-19-2019 at 07:18 AM..

Old 02-19-2019, 06:59 AM

3,073 posts, read 1,303,818 times
I can’t believe how miserable of a job they did orchestrating this. They could have hired me and I would have done a better job

Old 02-19-2019, 07:01 AM

21,952 posts, read 9,522,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
What grinds my gears is the ineptitude of the news media these days. Any rational person hearing this story should have done some critical thinking before reporting it as fact.

Nothing the "victim" claims happened made any sense yet the reporters decided to run with it.
The liberal left media are now nothing more than salesman for the left agenda. I was watching about 1 minute each of MSN and CNN last night. Nothing about the attempted coup by members of the DOJ and FBI or Smollett. They were still talking about Trump and Russia which has been debunked a million times.

Old 02-19-2019, 07:02 AM

89,060 posts, read 44,877,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Not buying it. The odds are that he is responsible for the letter, too.
Alleged...

Smollett threat letter called "enormous mistake"; Purported attack location identified; Federal charges "certain"

Old 02-19-2019, 07:02 AM

13,652 posts, read 20,788,575 times
Well, I counseled that everyone take a deep breath and wait. And now it seems it was a scam from the get go.

Jussie and his minions would do well to read Aesop's, "The Boy Who Cried Wolf."

To the bigger picture, it is quite clear that the Left is lost in a storm of hysteria. Complete and utter hysteria mostly focusing on race. Salem, McCarthyism; history repeats itself.

They have to create racism in order to combat it.

Old 02-19-2019, 07:03 AM

7,293 posts, read 4,099,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
The liberal left media are now nothing more than salesman for the left agenda. I was watching about 1 minute each of MSN and CNN last night. Nothing about the attempted coup by members of the DOJ and FBI or Smollett. They were still talking about Trump and Russia which has been debunked a million times.
One minute?

Anderson Cooper discussed it at length during his show. Don't make me post a video!

Old 02-19-2019, 07:03 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,628,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
1.He made the press look bad. They jumped all over a story that was incredibly shaky from the start as 100% real without any tough questions etc. Ironically, even now with the facts coming out we have reporters being accused of racism, anti-gay blah blah blah for being tough on Jussie.

2. He made knee jerk support for him from some on the left willing to lay this all at Trumps feet, look bad.

I agree there is no monolithic black or gay etc. group so he did not make them look bad....but he does make the "you have to believe all people claiming victimhood or you're the problem" look bad.

It's not that hoaxes don't happen fairly often (as a relatively smaller % of actual crimes) but that this one was EXTREMELY HIGH PROFILE.

P.S. Black men commit about as many hate crimes against gay men as whites do annually despite having 6x less population. Just a little factoid left out of the discussion when "of course" it had to be white Trump supporters hatin' this gay guy. What that tells me is that people care about attacks on gays when they can squeeze some political mileage out of it but otherwise it's an inconvenient truth to be avoided by the media.
That would be considered racist, wouldn't it? It's just like it's okay for some to say they can see something like this happening, 'because Chicago is a racist city', but when you point out that white men aren't going after black folks in Chicago - you're considered a racist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
You'll have more credibility if, or when, you scold liberals for doing the same. If not, or when you don't, the above is just more blathering hypocrisy.
Amen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Screw the media, what about Nancy Pelosi's tweet that she deleted? MSM is one thing, we have a woman who is third in line for the Presidency in case something happens to Trump and Pence, and she has not once called out Jussie on this disgraceful act. Right now, the people in power have been silent, including people on the right.
Yes, I saw that, too. Good thing some folks kept a screenshot, but it's too bad her feet won't be held to the fire.

LMAO. And now we have victims in this thread.

Old 02-19-2019, 07:07 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,543,687 times
Thank God he was stupid enough to try this in a city with a real police force. Imagine the cops helping him in places like San Francisco.

Old 02-19-2019, 07:08 AM

21,952 posts, read 9,522,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Don't be so naïve and holier than thou. Every fake allegation of a hate crime, especially a high profile one like this, hurts the credibility of real future victims. Smollett's description of the attack sounded strange to begin with, but he also had the many fake allegations in the past to contend with.

I saw Tawana Brawley mentioned; that was in 1987. The railroading of the Duke lacrosse players
was in 2006 and still comes up as a cautionary tale to believing rape allegations. 'Remember Jussie Smollett' will join those when black/gay hate crime allegations are made.
Apparently, as told by the guest last night on Tucker who tracks this stuff, fake hate crime rates are quite high.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies