Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2019, 06:51 PM

15,905 posts, read 21,539,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Another Democrat media lie you have been brainwashed into believing. All of a sudden, there are all these mothers that are going to die if their baby isn't killed in the last trimester? Please. This is all political.
Where is your medical degree from, Grlzrl? Where did you do your residency?

I'm just curious because I'd love to share your insights with my medical team. Pretty sure they're not part of the "Democrat media" but who knows?

There aren't "all of these mothers." That's the point. It's rare and, as most laws stand, it is ONLY in life or death situations which leaves out situations like a fetus who is incompatible with life late-term.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2019, 06:54 PM

15,905 posts, read 21,539,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
What if the woman really did initially want a child, and was going to carry it to term and is now late in her third trimester, but then was offered a promotion in her career she wasn't expecting and decides that was more important than having the child. I can easily see a liberal yuppie Democrat voting woman being like this.
Except there's not a doctor who will perform the operation.

Are you saying that women are discriminated against professionally because of their reproductive choices? You don't say!

Old 01-30-2019, 06:59 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,625,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
Does the mother get to hold the baby before piercing the skull?
Straight into the incinerator my good sir. Baptism by fire!

Old 01-30-2019, 07:00 PM

1,789 posts, read 965,235 times
As a mother of 4 I would take a bullet for any of my children and had it come down to my life or my unborn child’s life I would have done anything to save my baby’s life even if it meant I would lose mine. So yes, some of us do think that if only one life can be saved it should be the baby’s and not the mother’s. Shocking to some I am sure.

Old 01-30-2019, 07:05 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,625,868 times
Look here. Nothing in these awful "abortion bills" makes anyone get an abortion. If you do not think it is morally sound judgment to terminate a pregnancy (very shaky ground in my personal opinion as well...), then raise your kids right and don't worry about what the rest of the world does.

Old 01-30-2019, 07:24 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,620,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinaggie View Post
As a mother of 4 I would take a bullet for any of my children and had it come down to my life or my unborn child’s life I would have done anything to save my baby’s life even if it meant I would lose mine. So yes, some of us do think that if only one life can be saved it should be the baby’s and not the mother’s. Shocking to some I am sure.
I don't find it shocking, but I do find it to be your decision, and not one that should be mandated for others. You may consider a woman who would choose to save her own life selfish, but keep in mind that she may also be thinking of her other children, if any, who would be heartbroken over the loss of their mother.

Old 01-30-2019, 08:14 PM

1,789 posts, read 965,235 times
Well that’s very true Catgirl64 but again, as a mother, I could never kill my unborn child and I would rather my other children be “heartbroken” than dead but that’s just me. And btw, if it came down to abortion vs. adoption I’d rather live my life feeling guilty about giving up my child for adoption than feeling guilty about killing him or her. Again, that’s just me.

Old 01-30-2019, 08:39 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,065,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinaggie View Post
dying and leaving your children without a mother would be your choice. It's not better or worse than anyone else's choice to save their own life.

Old 01-30-2019, 08:58 PM

21,531 posts, read 10,659,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Late-term abortions are almost always done for the health of the mother or due to fetal abnormalities. I say "almost" because just about the only late-term abortion I've heard of that wasn't in that category was a 13 year old girl whose parents wouldn't approve an abortion after she was raped by her brother. It took months for her to get emancipated from her parents and at that point it was late term.

They cost ~$25,000. Do you really, REALLY think women just sit around until 6, 7, 8+ months and then decide to have a very expensive, invasive procedure for funsies? Or do you think they've developed some awful health condition or their fetus has severe abnormalities that are incompatible with life that result in a tragic medical decision being made for the family?
Jeez, by that time they should have made her have it and give it up for adoption. Late term abortion under any circumstance that is not health related is wrong. It’s horrible to make her do it, but there has to be a limit before it’s flat out murder.

Old 01-30-2019, 09:27 PM

230 posts, read 95,504 times
I wish leftist women who are pro abortion would lead by example! I mean do we REALLY want more leftists born? Nope! I don't. Virginia is a lost state...sad though because its NoVa holding Virginia hostage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies