Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2019, 10:18 AM

39,336 posts, read 27,722,689 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Funny how it puts a different spin on things when we hear "the rest of the story".
The requirements she proposes to be lifted sound reasonable to me. The bill really isnt to allow abortions up until birth now is it.
sounds pretty reasonable to me.

Have to say, my sister's own pregnancy traumatized me. Without going into great details, man, I don't blame the women, it must be a tough choice getting an abortion late term!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2019, 10:32 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,613,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It seems you'd rather kill the mother.

That is the way pro-lifers are. The only care for the fetus not the mother nor the child after birth. Plus they outright lie about the bill in NY and now they are lying about the one in VA too.

Old 01-30-2019, 10:33 AM

13,717 posts, read 9,047,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Funny how it puts a different spin on things when we hear "the rest of the story".
The requirements she proposes to be lifted sound reasonable to me. The bill really isnt to allow abortions up until birth now is it.

Hence my earlier link to the bill in question. Nothing like going to the source, and making up one's own mind.

However, I guess for some it is easier to have someone tell them what to think.

Old 01-30-2019, 10:41 AM

18,473 posts, read 7,123,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
I knew there would be some people defending this.

Isn't it funny how Democrats are now endorsing policies that just a few short years ago they were calling Conservatives crazy for predicting Democrats would soon be endorsing?

That's why we don't trust them when they call for "common sense gun laws" and say "no one wants to take your guns"..........(yet)

What's next?

Retroactive abortion?

""Sorry Billy, but motherhood's just not working out for me like I planned"......

Old 01-30-2019, 10:51 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,054,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Isn't it funny how Democrats are now endorsing policies that just a few short years ago they were calling Conservatives crazy for predicting Democrats would soon be endorsing?

That's why we don't trust them when they call for "common sense gun laws" and say "no one wants to take your guns"..........(yet)

What's next?

Retroactive abortion?

""Sorry Billy, but motherhood's just not working out for me like I planned"......
Yes, this is the ultimate goal of millions of Americans. I heard they are calling it The Handmaid's Revenge and it's totally real and totally happening. Cover your heads, the sky is falling!

Old 01-30-2019, 10:54 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,395,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post

What's next?

Retroactive abortion?

Absolutely spot on! I would be in favor of a consensus on gun laws just as I'm in favor of a consensus on common sense abortion laws.

The problem is, these nuts don't want common sense. They want to ban guns completely and they wan abortion up until dilation.

Old 01-30-2019, 10:58 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,591,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I have a friend who aborted her baby when she was almost 8 month pregnant. Why? She and her husband had a divorce. She had her abortion in China, and she is a Chinese woman with a green card in the United States.

I don't judge ANY women who choose to have an abortion and I have a mixed feeling about the topic of abortion. I don't think there is an easy or simple answer to every situation, but I think choosing abortion late term when the baby and the woman herself are perfectly healthy is just sad.

All these blah blah being said, I still don't want to make the decision for that woman. Her body, her choice. She needs to suffer from the consequences of her action, it is not for me to say or judge.
Ok, I'm pro-choice but even I think aborting at 8 months . . just because . . is awful. By that time, the baby has moved inside of you; kicked you; you've felt and heard the hearbeat; the nursery is usually in the process of being complete . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
No doctor in the US would do what she wanted, then or now. Right?

No, it would not.

Old 01-30-2019, 11:03 AM

15,885 posts, read 21,497,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
I think some of them would do exactly that, if this law is passed. People are irresponsible and selfish.

So... let me get this straight. You really think that it is more convenient for a woman to wait 30 weeks, suddenly decide, "Nope, not for me!", and pay $25,000 to abort a healthy fetus? You think doctors will be beating down the door to pay that operation?

What is irresponsible about planning a child, going through most of pregnancy, and then making a heartbreaking decision that is right for your health and your family?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
According to this representative. If it effects the mental health of the mother. Then they can perform an abortion even if she is giving birth.

You know what impacts the mental health of a mother? Being 26 weeks pregnant, the fetus measuring at 18 weeks because of your high blood pressure and developmental issues with the pregnancy, knowing that the fetus will either be stillborn or die shortly after birth, and having people come up to you full of smiles at work, in line at the grocery store, at your place of worship, and on the street with big smiles asking when the baby is due.

Current laws in many states make it so that women in that position are required to carry the fetus to term despite extreme emotional distress in those situations. Previously in New York, they would have to go to three different doctors to get sign off for the procedure, delaying the process even longer.

Old 01-30-2019, 11:04 AM

15,885 posts, read 21,497,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
Absolutely spot on! I would be in favor of a consensus on gun laws just as I'm in favor of a consensus on common sense abortion laws.

The problem is, these nuts don't want common sense. They want to ban guns completely and they wan abortion up until dilation.

This is a move for common-sense abortion laws. That lack of common sense is coming from opponents who think that women wait 6 or 7 months, wake up one morning and decide to abort a healthy fetus, pony up $25,000, and have no trouble finding a doctor to perform the operation.

Old 01-30-2019, 11:12 AM

36,727 posts, read 31,015,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Hence my earlier link to the bill in question. Nothing like going to the source, and making up one's own mind.

However, I guess for some it is easier to have someone tell them what to think.
Yes, thank you. I read that as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies