Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2019, 11:54 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,544,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
I agree. She could have easily referred the gay couples to others who worked in the office. They indicated they would be fine with issuing the licenses, but Davis would not allow anyone else in the office to do so. She forced her own religious beliefs on everyone who worked under her as well as everyone who walked through the door. That is arrogance as well as bigotry. Not to mention hypocrisy, as her sanctity of marriage crap falls flat when she herself has been married and divorced numerous times.

I sincerely hope she is forced to own the consequences. Let her be a lesson to others who think they can flaunt the law by hiding behind their religion.
Well said!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2019, 11:56 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,757,118 times
Quote:
Seeing as I've never tried to deny anyone their rights under the law, yes.

I'm glad the voters of Kentucky ousted this bigot. I doubt she'll ever hold elected office again. So that's one good thing that came out of her willful lawbreaking.
You get pleasure out of the thought of people suffering however.

If that's the moral high ground in this country, we're ****ed.

Old 02-01-2019, 12:01 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,879,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogue Mahone View Post

I get satisfaction when bigots are called on their bigotry. Bigots never hold the high moral ground when they are acting on their bigotry. That's what Davis was doing. So no, I have no pity for her.

Old 02-01-2019, 12:02 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,221,070 times
Quote:

Just like a child, sometimes adults have to get hurt to learn a lesson. Seems that Kim needed to hurt a bit to learn her lesson.

I'm not happy that she is hurt, but she was given every opportunity to correct her action before punishment was inflicted. She refused to correct her action, she has earned her punishment.

IF she ends up having to pay a dime she will more than recoup it by doing the religious persecution circuit.

Old 02-01-2019, 12:13 PM

46,970 posts, read 26,018,521 times
Quote:
And I bet you think you hold the moral high ground here.
Pour encourager les autres... Some people's main contribution to the world is that of serving as a warning to others.

Old 02-01-2019, 12:21 PM

8,447 posts, read 4,757,118 times
Quote:
I get satisfaction when bigots are called on their bigotry. Bigots never hold the high moral ground when they are acting on their bigotry. That's what Davis was doing. So no, I have no pity for her.
You said "I'm so glad this bigot is going to suffer". You think you're saying this from the moral high ground and apparently many of your fellow leftists agree.

You're glad someone is going to suffer.

Look in the mirror and repeat that to yourself.

Old 02-01-2019, 12:36 PM

Quote:
You said "I'm so glad this bigot is going to suffer". You think you're saying this from the moral high ground and apparently many of your fellow leftists agree.

You're glad someone is going to suffer.

Look in the mirror and repeat that to yourself.
Yes, I am glad that she is going to suffer for her bigotry. Hopefully she learns something from it but I won't hold my breath. Pseudo-Christians don't seem to be capable of it.

Old 02-02-2019, 12:27 PM

7,420 posts, read 2,712,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesemont View Post

Leftwingers are never honest. That's what they all have in common.

How Christian of you.

Old 02-02-2019, 12:32 PM

8,299 posts, read 3,817,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
How Christian of you.
Much more demonstration of not following word of God in this thread: //www.city-data.com/forum/polit...t-marxist.html

Old 02-05-2019, 11:23 AM

Here is the brief filed by Davis' legal team stating why she should not be held liable for the court costs:

"To the extent any award of attorney’s fees and costs imposed against Davis in her official capacitysurvives, the Commonwealth is liable because Davis acted as a state official for purposes of marriage licensing.Davis complied with the express requirements of Kentucky marriage licensing statutes and Kentucky RFRA,and therefore at all times upheld and enforced state policy as a state official."

https://www.aclu.org/legal-document/...rief-kim-davis

I'm not quite sure how refusing to do her job is upholding and enforcing state policy as a state official unless Kentucky state policy is to defy U.S. law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies