Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2019, 02:21 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,535,610 times

Advertisements

What mega church will step up and pay her legal bills?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2019, 02:57 PM

10,091 posts, read 5,741,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
If she was incapable of doing her job because of her religion then she should have quit. The taxpayers shouldn't have to pay for it.
So if the government suddenly passed a law that created a direct moral conflict, you would have no problem just finding a new career asap, right?

Kim Davis suffered enough for standing up for her beliefs. But of course, that's never good enough for the LGBTQ community. They want them jailed or pay ridiculous fines.

Old 01-31-2019, 03:25 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,879,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
So if the government suddenly passed a law that created a direct moral conflict, you would have no problem just finding a new career asap, right?

Kim Davis suffered enough for standing up for her beliefs. But of course, that's never good enough for the LGBTQ community. They want them jailed or pay ridiculous fines.
If I decided I could no longer do the job as the law mandates, then yes, I would quit. Why should anyone continue to draw a paycheck for a job they refuse to do?

Davis knew exactly what she was doing. I have no pity for all she "suffered" since she brought it on herself.

Old 01-31-2019, 03:35 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,080,948 times
Quote:

Let's put this into another context that takes the religious aspect out of it. Suppose she was elected dog catcher, should she be able to dictate what dogs she would license or should be required to license any dog the law allows? Any reasonable person is gong to say she should be required to license any dog the law allows.

It's not for her to decide what the law is and that is exactly what she was doing by refusing to issue the licenses. If your position in government whether elected or an employee dictates you need to do XYZ then you need to do XYZ. Your personal beliefs or opinions are not relevant.

Old 01-31-2019, 03:37 PM

27,623 posts, read 21,140,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
What mega church will step up and pay her legal bills?
Didn't Sarah Suckabee Sander's daddy Mike Huckleberry come to her defense at the time?

Old 01-31-2019, 03:53 PM

8,494 posts, read 6,902,842 times
Miraculously a gofundme account has appeared online to clear Davis of her financial burdens. Rejoice. Rejoice.

Old 01-31-2019, 04:00 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,274,620 times
Quote:
Attorneys for Kentucky Governor Matt Bevin say former Rowan County Clerk Kim Davis violated the civil rights of same-sex couples when she refused to issue them marriage licenses and is now on the hook for $225,000 in legal fees.

Davis made headlines in 2015 when she refused to issue marriage licenses to same sex couples following the Supreme Court ruling that made gay marriage legal.

I'm so glad this bigot is going to suffer for her actions.
$225K? No problem. Huckabee can start a Go Fund Me.

What is wrong with people who cannot just practice their religion and leave the rest of us alone?

Do they think God rewards them for being obnoxious and treating people as if they are less than human? I honestly believe some of them do.

Old 01-31-2019, 04:09 PM

3,614 posts, read 1,738,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Dismissing her religious beliefs IN CONTEXT OF HER JOB is fair, not bigoted. You just said it was "fair enough." You can't say "Fair enough, but that's unfair." Makes you look a bit ridiculous.
No, it doesn't. Stop being a bigot.

Old 01-31-2019, 04:14 PM

Quote:

You know what? Muslims hate the gays. Like they really HATE THEM! They go out of there way to murder them. Had Davis been a Muslim and refused to comply with the law you can bet your last dollar that the OP and every other bleeding heart liberal would make excuses for her and not only defend her actions as courageous and Morally sound and how dare people be so insensitive to her Islamic religion and go on to accuse those who condemn her actions as Islamophobic. But because Davis is a Christian/Catholic and stuck to her religious believes she is a bigot. That's why NO ONE can take liberals seriously. They are a delusional bunch.

Old 01-31-2019, 04:16 PM

Quote:
If I decided I could no longer do the job as the law mandates, then yes, I would quit. Why should anyone continue to draw a paycheck for a job they refuse to do?

Davis knew exactly what she was doing. I have no pity for all she "suffered" since she brought it on herself.
Please spare me your moral indignation. You are a liar. You would stay until you were fired and sue. To answer the last question of your ridiculous post. Congress has been drawing a paycheck for years and they have a job they refuse to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies