Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2019, 09:36 AM

39,076 posts, read 51,252,674 times

Advertisements

Good grief. Healthsharing plans are not a secret (kept so by Marxists). They are an alternative health care system that has been available for a long time to a very small group of people who are and remain healthy and live healthy lifestyles. It keeps the costs down, obviously. Aren't you glad, though, that when you finally do come down with some serious illness and are ineligible for healthshare you will be able to jump onto an Obamacare plan without paying a nickel extra for it? That option does not come cheap.

Old 02-02-2019, 09:36 AM

13,694 posts, read 9,016,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesemont View Post
The only thing I did in my OP was to refer to the Marxist media. There is no question they are pushing a Marxist agenda.

You keep using the word "Marxist". I do not think that word means what you think it means.

Old 02-02-2019, 09:37 AM

958 posts, read 304,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
These Christian voluntary medical cost sharing ministries are NOT regulated and are NOT insurance. There are no guarantees your qualified medical bills will be shared. There is no legal obligation for the ministry to pay your medical bills.

There are no Preferred Provider Networks nor reimbursements to healthcare providers. Each member is 100% responsible for their own medical expenses. Generally speaking, it does not cover bills from healthcare providers unless service in rendered in a hospital. It does not cover prescription drugs or treatments not administered outside a hospital or and preventative in nature.

Members agree to share other members’ medical bills up to defined caps of their membership level.

Monthly Gifts= premiums. The ministry collects gifts from members. It reimburses members for qualified expenses within 4 months of receipt of qualified claims from the member. All of these programs incur administrative overhead.

Each level of membership contains a “ Personal Responsibility” factor which functions as a deductible. The most affordable level imposes a $5000 Personal Responsibility obligation per incident, per year.

There is a $100,000- $125,000 cap imposed on qualified medical expenses per illnes, dependent upon ministry. Members can opt into a higher level program, if available, for an incremental gift that may cover up to $1 million per illness, dependent on program and qualified expenses.

Members agree to abstain from tobacco products, alcohol, illegal substances and users are disqualifiers for benefits.

Maternity benefits for unwed mothers are not eligible.

Preexisting conditions do not qualify which could disqualify most people, given 75% of us are overweight/ obese. Diabetes which afflicts tens of millions is a disqualifier. Some ministries offer provisional benefits which may allow some form of phase in, over time, for certain conditions.

Membership levels are nearly statistically irrelevant, given the ovalall size of the US population.
1. No guarantees, but in their 25 years, they have never NOT paid. The insurance designation is for legal purposes only. If they had to follow government rules, it would eliminate their cost effectiveness and everything that makes them highly successful.

2. "Doesn't pay for prescriptions or check ups". Do you use homeowners' insurance to pay for lawnmowing?

3. Except under the Save-to-share plan which is about $300 a year that you set aside if needed, a family is insured up to their fund level, which last I talked to them amounted to $5 million. This figure has never been remotely approached for any claim.

4. The monetary gifts are, of course, optional, and go to people who's needs are not covered under Samaritan guidelines. Very much in the spirit of charity.

5. $5000 personal deductible? You're just flat out lying. Samaritan's deductible of $300 is waived if you get for discounts. In three claims, we have never paid a deductible. Never paid ANYTHING.

6. It's type I diabetes that is not covered dear. aka Juvenile diabetes

Old 02-02-2019, 09:37 AM

13,608 posts, read 21,401,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
No, that's not it. It mandates you have to believe in Jesus. Let's say I'm a strict Orthodox Jew (obviously I'm not since I'm using the computer on Shabbos) who is opposed to abortion, pre-marital sex, and birth control. Why couldn't I buy into to the program?
I have no problem with a certain sect or faith offering health insurance. I'd have no problem with a Jewish faith or sect doing the same.

If the debate is "why should I be excluded?" well I don't want to get into that, that's going the route of "why can't girls be in the boy scouts".

Old 02-02-2019, 09:40 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,532,369 times
Do you have to prove church attendance to be accepted? Would I have to be baptized? Would I have to publicly confess my sins?

I better stick with what I got.

Old 02-02-2019, 09:49 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,301,017 times
Quote:
1. No guarantees, but in their 25 years, they have never NOT paid. The insurance designation is for legal purposes only. If they had to follow government rules, it would eliminate their cost effectiveness and everything that makes them highly successful.

2. "Doesn't pay for prescriptions or check ups". Do you use homeowners' insurance to pay for lawnmowing?

3. Except under the Save-to-share plan which is about $300 a year that you set aside if needed, a family is insured up to their fund level, which last I talked to them amounted to $5 million. This figure has never been remotely approached for any claim.

4. The monetary gifts are, of course, optional, and go to people who's needs are not covered under Samaritan guidelines. Very much in the spirit of charity.

5. $5000 personal deductible? You're just flat out lying. Samaritan's deductible of $300 is waived if you get for discounts. In three claims, we have never paid a deductible. Never paid ANYTHING.

6. It's type I diabetes that is not covered dear. aka Juvenile diabetes
It's wonderful unless you get sick, but once you do you are screwed.... This is a long article but it goes into great detail about the scam this company is perpetrating

https://www.wellsteps.com/blog/2018/...ishare-review/

Old 02-02-2019, 09:50 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Since when is birth control an evil act? It's a responsible act.

Are there really Christians who think birth control is evil? I can't even.
Catholic church is against it.

Old 02-02-2019, 09:54 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,102,322 times
Quote:
Not really. The co-op lays out the criteria you have to follow to be part of the plan
As I originally posted "What a great policy you abandon your individual rights, live as they dictate and if you have an illness that they deem to be caused by your impure thought or actions they can refuse coverage and claim it God's will....

Keep drinking the Kool-Aid "

Old 02-02-2019, 09:55 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Quote:
Sorry, but you won't find these stories on MSNBC or the Huffpo.

Do you now see why I usually don't chase my tail getting sources for leftwingers? They constantly move the goalposts...."Yeah, but what about...…"

Nonsense! You have yet to support your allegation of "there are so many paid leftwing activists who spread lies on forums" with facts! The goalpost hasn't moved, your story has.

Old 02-02-2019, 09:56 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
As I originally posted "What a great policy you abandon your individual rights, live as they dictate and if you have an illness that they deem to be caused by your impure thought or actions they can refuse coverage and claim it God's will....

Keep drinking the Kool-Aid "

And people say the Taliban doesn't have a healthcare plan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies