Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2019, 08:50 PM

958 posts, read 304,726 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Republicans believe their rigid, narrow religious rules should be forced on all Americans and that there should be zero tolerance for any objections. They are the very definition of tyrants.
Change it to 'leftwing atheist laws' and you've got it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2019, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
I would be down with eliminating civil marriage. But so long as there is such a thing, it must be available to all.
It already was available to all.

Old 02-13-2019, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post
Why is there still so much hatred directed at the LGBT community? I’m married to my partner, and we’re happy! Can’t people just let this go?
Here are the cold hard facts: the majority of HIV cases in America involve gays. Should everyone just "let this go" as well?

Old 02-13-2019, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
Prove your god exists and we might be more inclined to listen to you. But until then you're just blowing hot air.
Proof God exists is the sense of morality most men have.

Old 02-13-2019, 09:24 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,619,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesemont View Post
Proof God exists is the sense of morality most men have.
Fake news

Old 02-13-2019, 09:31 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,145,579 times
Quote:
Here are the cold hard facts: the majority of HIV cases in America involve gays. Should everyone just "let this go" as well?
Another cold hard fact: condoms exist.

Old 02-13-2019, 09:34 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,915,650 times
Quote:
https://www.wthr.com/article/tenness...n-gay-marriage

Despite the fact that over two-thirds of Americans accept same-sex marriage at this point, Republicans refuse to let it go. Some Trump supporters want to say that this is a settled issue so they can paint liberals as insane snowflakes for still worrying about it, but fight definitely isn't over and opposition to LGBTQ rights and same-sex marriage is still at the forefront of Republican politics.

One more example is that 'freedom' in Trump's America only applies to those who are white, heterosexual, and the right kind of Christian.
Just let it go already.

Old 02-14-2019, 02:16 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,878,633 times
Quote:
https://www.wthr.com/article/tenness...n-gay-marriage

Despite the fact that over two-thirds of Americans accept same-sex marriage at this point, Republicans refuse to let it go. Some Trump supporters want to say that this is a settled issue so they can paint liberals as insane snowflakes for still worrying about it, but fight definitely isn't over and opposition to LGBTQ rights and same-sex marriage is still at the forefront of Republican politics.

One more example is that 'freedom' in Trump's America only applies to those who are white, heterosexual, and the right kind of Christian.
It's about forcing the private sector into accepting that marriage. You don't care about freedom. All you care about is forcing your will on others through government tyranny. How about you start defending rights? Granted you'll first have to learn what a right is.

Old 02-14-2019, 05:05 AM

5,112 posts, read 2,054,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
It's about forcing the private sector into accepting that marriage. You don't care about freedom. All you care about is forcing your will on others through government tyranny. How about you start defending rights? Granted you'll first have to learn what a right is.
It reminds me a bit the time when SJWs pushed to kick out Brendan Eich who was Mozilla CEO voted for Prop. 8 in California from his position. Should the Mozilla CEO's Resignation Be Considered a Liberal Victory? - Hit & Run : Reason.com

Is it ok if I quote that text posted by Andrew Sullivan in 2014? Dissents Of The Day – The Dish

Quote:
As I said last night, of course Mozilla has the right to purge a CEO because of his incorrect political views. Of course Eich was not stripped of his First Amendment rights. I'd fight till my last breath for Mozilla to retain that right. What I'm concerned with is the substantive reason for purging him. When people's lives and careers are subject to litmus tests, and fired if they do not publicly renounce what may well be their sincere conviction, we have crossed a line. This is McCarthyism applied by civil actors. This is the definition of intolerance. If a socially conservative private entity fired someone because they discovered he had donated against Prop 8, how would you feel? It's staggering to me that a minority long persecuted for holding unpopular views can now turn around and persecute others for the exact same reason.
Could we said a case of "to become what they hated"?

Old 02-14-2019, 06:42 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,196,161 times
Quote:
Gay marriage is a bad law, and that is the point of this whole discussion. Some people think the law should be repealed. I'm one of them.

How foolish it is to think man's law can supersede God's law.
The founding fathers were very specific about this. Following your god's law is FOR you and UP TO you. You can go to your shiney heaven and be blessed. What a lucky duck! For me, I would like your god to reform his hating followers. But s/he is not going to do that. So basically, god can leave me the heck alone.

God has no place in US law. Never has.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies